It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Faction Claims Nevada Forest Fire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

news.siteintelgroup.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">link

Declaring "war" on the United States, a militant Palestinian faction -- Ma'sadat al-Mujahidin -- claimed responsibility for a 19 January forest fire near Reno, Nevada.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/23/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I cannot find any other source that is running the story. This is some very interesting events. I wonder why it hasn't been scooped by MSM.

This is sort of fishy that CNN & Fox have nothing about this.

If this is true this is a new type of warfare and this is an attack on our Homeland. Why are we not up in arms? Why does the American public not know about this?

news.siteintelgroup.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
because it's a load of crap. why would a palestinian faction set fire to a bunch of trees in the middle of a desert.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

You're link isn't working so I will share this one:

news.siteintelgroup.com...

Personally, I don't believe it. I'm still interested to see where they're trying to go with this.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack

news.siteintelgroup.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:

Declaring "war" on the United States, a militant Palestinian faction -- Ma'sadat al-Mujahidin -- claimed responsibility for a 19 January forest fire near Reno, Nevada.

Dead link

new link
edit on 22/1/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hahahaahah! Oh my god that's hilarious... But no, here's the real story;

"Fire officials say an “extremely remorseful” elderly man admitted Friday to accidentally starting the fire when he improperly discarded fireplace ashes outside his home in the valley’s north end."

Reno Gazette Journal

I'm pretty sure it wasn't that Palestinian group. They're probably just looking for the publicity, I mean Biden was giving a talk at my old High School that almost caught fire...

Other than that idk why they would try to claim responsibility for a brush fire...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Your link is crapped up.

It don't work.

This one might work:

https:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My Old Man is an Aussie fire fighter who has seen some of the worst bushfires in the world (we sure do get big ones over here!)

He has been saying for years that the worst thing terrorists could ever do to Australia is light fires up and down the east coast along the Great Dividing Range when it's hot.

I tend to believe that, think of the distraction a raging fire would be and what damage it has the potential to do.

I wouldn't dismiss this story completely.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If you want the whole article you have to buy a subscription. No thanks. I find no mention at Al Jazeera.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have no idea if this is true, but if you think about it, wouldn't this be an easy thing for terrorists to do? I know the Japanese tried to send balloons over the Pacific that would start forest fires, as they can get very big and become hard to control, causing loads of damage to many different structures.

All it would take is some terrorists going out into the woods with an accelerant, and starting a fire. The damage vs. chance of getting caught ratio seems relatively good as well. Maybe this is why the media wouldn't want to spread the word, as others may start to get ideas.

I for one had never thought of this as a potential terrorist act. But if it were true you would think the government would be all over it, using it in some way to further their agenda. Who knows, but maybe we will learn more as the days pass.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
I wouldn't dismiss this story completely.
I would. A man has come forward and admitted he improperly disposed of his fireplace ashes which started the blaze.

If it were terrorists looking to do some real damage they could've easily started a bunch of fires all over the area about a week ago before we had these storms roll in. Our area's been in the middle of a 128 year drought, 58 days or so without a drop of precipitation.

Had they done that they probably could've burned the whole city down...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I found a link that headlines this group has claimed responsibility for Israeli bush fires, this story stinks already. I also found an "announcement" from them:

New statement from Mā’sadat al-Mujāhidīn Fī Filisṭīn: “Declaration of War on America Through a Fire in the Forests of Nevada”

NOTE: This is most likely untrue. Mā’sadat al-Mujāhidīn Fī Filisṭīn has claimed unsubstantiated forest fires in Israel, too.

Here is the translation:

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds, and the consequence for the righteous no aggression except against the oppressors, and prayers and peace be upon the Imam of the Mujahideen of our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

And then:

Allah says: [And fight the polytheists all the fight you all as] [Repentance: 36].

God has blessed a group of black Mosdh your brothers the Mujahideen in the first eight o'clock in the evening on Thursday 25 Safar 1433, corresponding to January 19, 2012 m set fire to the forests in the region of Nevada Reno, USA.

We through this great event and a paradigm shift to announce the following:

1 - We Msolatna full set on fire in the forests of Nevada, USA.
2 - to announce the expansion of the war and transported to inside the United States and soon to the other.
3 - We give the enemies of Islam and the allies of the Jews occupied the land of Palestine three months from the date of publication of this statement of the debtor of the Jews occupied the land of Palestine, and their actions against our Muslim brothers, and we want them to end the alliances that oppress our rights as subjects of the land, otherwise we will have to extend the fight even spread all the country that we conspired with our enemy.
4 - affirm that the targeting of so-called Israel and its allies, led by America with all types of targeting, including the fighting and all Oziav people, civilians and military duty of every Muslim until the liberation of Palestine, and even out their armies from Muslim countries, and even be the word of God is supreme and religion is all God .
5 - also show that fighting Jews and crusaders going to the one who wants to push their evil Muslims, and here you see with your own eyes what some simple items, low price in your enemy, how many suffered losses, so we incite the Islamic nation to participate in this work blessed and moving their potential for it.

Comes this blessed part of a series of invasions that we announced and we have begun in the past and that, God willing, will demolish the edifices obnoxious Jewish occupation, so that the Jews in terms of Ato have no place among us, and even break up alliances with the world Jewish occupiers of Muslim lands.

Blessed of God in the black soldiers Rahman and uniformity, is shot and thrown proved their feet and their struggle to accept them and their good deeds, the friend and Rejoice Ogazawa Alaada.
We say to the Jews and their agents that this you disgrace in this life, and you in the Hereafter an awful doom, Vibchroa including Isoakm the you we have further more, Vsnawa what you will not benefit you Mkirkm will Tnfkm your plans God Maulana not freed slave to you, either to enliven under God's rule and either Nstzl under God.
God is great and God is great .. Glory be to God, His Prophet and the Mujahideen.
And Allah has full control over His Affairs, but most people do not know. Mosdh the General Command of the Mujahideen

edit on 22-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well I've always said to my friends that if there really WERE any TERRORIST worth worrying about, setting large bush FIRES and damaging infrastructure (rural), would be the EASIEST methods to cause massive and expensive damage.

Heaven knows what they could do if they ever made an effort to tamper with water supplies!

Always left me surprised that there's really been no evidence of this happening...thankfully it appears that they really are too stupid to figure out the OBVIOUS

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

One reason is they are like the little boy who cried wolf to much. If it were true no one would believe it. If it were on MSM no one would believe it. If they did believe it they woudl believe it was the US government that did it. The Government the News Media the Cops etc. have lost all credibility.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Because it's ecological terrorism.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Anyone can claim responsibility for anything if they aren't required to show proof. I wonder where their video of themselves starting the fire is, I thought so. By the way I would like to take this opportunity to take responsibility for that Tunguska thing in 1908.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think Mossad has enlisted the help of that Israeli kid last week.

The one who hacked into some Saudi computers.

He then hacked into this site and planted the article to make them look stupid.

They can't correct it yet because it is in English.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Muslims engaged in Jihad on American soil have been setting fires for years. It has often been reported as arson, pyromaniacs, careless campers, cigarettes, foolish children, etc. But many are realizing that some of the fires being set are acts of Jihad.

Round 'em up and deport them all to Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Lmao I couldn't help but laugh at this story. I can see it.

"WE did it. WE set your trees on fire. WHAT."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join