It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds Conklin, Alberta 12/2012 DEBUNKED - Hoaxed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hello Everybody!

These recent threads about strange sounds have had me intrigued, to say the least. Unfortunately, there seems to be quite a flurry of videos coming out recently, and as some have said, alot of them are looking and sounding like hoaxes (forgive the pun). There was some interesting correlation, but I needed to be sure that someone was out there actually hoaxing these.

I myself am a professional electronics technician. I have some background in acoustics, wave form theory, and also happen to be an amateur music producer, so I thought I'd leverage some of knowledge and skills to see if I can debunk atleast one of these videos.

I chose the Kiev video because it seem to be an authentic, original video. I will do an analysis of that video soon, to see if I can find some irregularities. However, I wanted to take the time tonight to put to bed that some of these videos are being hoaxed.

The video being compared against the Kiev video is the Conklin Alberta video. This has already had some speculation that it was hoaxed. Here I present what I think is the final analysis, and undeniable proof that this video was indeed hoaxed from the Kiev video.

First, I will present some graphics, which are pretty large (sorry about that, I have a big monitor). I'm using my FL Studio's "Edison" program, which is a waveform and sample editor to isolate and clean up some of the audio. I also present the waveform view, and a spectrum analysis view side by side so you can also see (and hear) the similarities.

First, the Conklin Alberta video is approximately 1:18 seconds long. The Kiev video is quite long.
My evidence is two fold. I will present a clip, which is exactly 1:06 seconds long taken from the Kiev video and dubbed onto the Conklin video. Visual proof is as follows.

Notice how the wave forms match up perfectly. Also note the spectrum's also match. The top waveform is the Kiev audio, and the bottom one is the conklin audio. Both clips are exactly 1:06 seconds long. Almost the entirety of the Conklin audio at 1:18 seconds total - you can even see when the hoaxer started recording the 1:06 seconds from the Kiev audio (the 12 seconds at the beginning that isn't highlighted in the bottom waveform.)
This is pretty damning imho. But I went even farther.

This is a section of audio that is VERY peculiar, and unique in the Kiev audio. It can heard at approximately 1:04 seconds into the Kiev video, and at approx. 48 seconds into the Conklin video. I picked it because it stood out and it was background noise. I just happened to find the exact same source in the conklin audio! See the highlighted section of waveform. Unfortunately, the original Kiev audio is decent high quality, and is picking up a lot of background noise is and quite bassy. The conklin audio however is very shallow and tinny - but I cleaned it up a bit and highlighted it.

**Note** The bottom clip is not as zoomed in as the top one, so the top one looks a bit stretched.

There it is - the bottom Conklin clip is very tinny - very filtered out. I believe the hoaxer played the youtube clip through small tinny speakers, like those of a laptop, and simply dubbed it onto his video. That would explain the waveform difference. However, if you LISTEN to the clips, you noticed they are identical.
Kiev clip
Conklin Clip

It is of my professional opinion that the Conklin Alberta, CA Strange Sounds video is indeed a HOAX. Unfortunately, this evidence potentially discredits all videos made after Kiev. I will continue to analyze more popular clips against the Kiev clip to see how many are indeed actually hoaxed.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked the work I put into this!

Cheers,
zee
edit on 18-1-2012 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
i had thought i heard similarities in the two clips and agreed with posters in the threads that said that the two tracks sounded like the same. your work is very, very compelling and i thank you for this thread!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Excellent analysis and work! I sure don't see a thing to disagree with in proving the hoax as what it is.

I hope our debunkers can stay up with the hoaxers for rooting out the real ones that come up from the morons looking to get their 5 seconds of Youtube fame.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yes, it looks like you did do some analysis of it. Good effort! I would still say that it is inconclusive and not fact that it was the same one. By labelling it a hoax - there is no way that there could be a chance that whatever is making the noise, for example, might be from magnetic changes in earth's atmosphere from the solar system as it travels into a new realm of the galaxy or in deep space?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer
i had thought i heard similarities in the two clips and agreed with posters in the threads that said that the two tracks sounded like the same. your work is very, very compelling and i thank you for this thread!

Thank you very much! I had a great time doing it. I wish I hadn't found any evidence, honestly. This phenomenon is really exciting and intriguing - but unfortunately there are people out there who are indeed hoaxing this. After I discovered it, I felt compelled to post and show conclusive proof.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada
Yes, it looks like you did do some analysis of it. Good effort! I would still say that it is inconclusive and not fact that it was the same one. By labelling it a hoax - there is no way that there could be a chance that whatever is making the noise, for example, might be from magnetic changes in earth's atmosphere from the solar system as it travels into a new realm of the galaxy or in deep space?

No, I'm not saying the entire thing is a hoax. I'm saying that the Conklin video has been hoaxed. I can't prove (yet) if the original Kiev video is a hoax or not, that remains to be seen. I just wanted to demonstrate that yes, people are out there taking Kiev audio and creating hoaxer videos from that source.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Awesome, I was wanting to do this exact thing if I still had my equipment.

Check out the sounds from Mexico and see if those match if you would. Those seem louder and closer and it would be interesting to see if they are authentic.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It seems pretty cheap to hoax something like this in that way. If you're gonna hoax something, at least manufacture the sounds yourself.

On the other hand though, if it's the same alien ships making these sounds, they would probably have the same frequencies whenever they go off.

I just heard about all this business last night. This morning, while I was laying in bed, I heard it in my area. It sounded like a train horn going off, and at first I figured that's just what it was. So I waited for the train to go by, as I live right by some tracks.....but it never came. Not sure if anyone else heard it, although even if they did, they probably wouldn't of really noticed and remembered it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Originally posted by Diseased
I replied earlier well here is two side by side showing their frequencies are about the same.
Mass Effect taken off that video near the end,
i.imgur.com...

Rumbling Sound off of video
i.imgur.com...

So I don't know you decide viral campaign or something else.
edit: one's longer then the other because I couldn't get the same time off both of them.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Diseased because: couple of things added

Yes I did just quote myself off another thread. I just wanted you to see that as well. You should try getting a video of Mass Effect 1 for the giant ship in the beginning the sounds are strikingly similar, and if you'll look at the pics you'll know why.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I agree 100%. I have not bought this crap from day one to be honest with you. And yes Id say the onslaught of these faked "noise" or "hum" videos is nauseating to say the least. But, attention whoring will always be around. Great work, I wish I were smart enough to do this kind of stuff
S&Fs

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This is exactly what I said in the first Alberta strange sounds thread. It's the Kiev sound.

Good work OP.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103

On the other hand though, if it's the same alien ships making these sounds, they would probably have the same frequencies whenever they go off.

Yep, that's true. That's why I found and isolated a peculiar background noise to see if it matched up as well. This proves that the Conklin video used the Kiev video's audio as a source. If I couldn't find any background noise matching both videos, then your hypothesis would be correct.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Thank you. I'll be watching your posts from now on. I've been lurking on this one waiting for something like this to surface. Good job.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

This is basically the way I look at it.

The sounds aren't 100% exactly the same, but have the same frequency pattern. This doesn't actually prove anything, because they're different enough that it could be the same thing creating the noise (much like a gunshot will sound the exact same from the same gun, but different in different areas), or it could be faked.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Nice work.

I believed this to be real/true too so thanks for showing me it was a hoax.

Now we just need to find out which other ones are using the same or similar audio copies.

SnF.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield
reply to post by MisterFister103

This is basically the way I look at it.

The sounds aren't 100% exactly the same, but have the same frequency pattern. This doesn't actually prove anything, because they're different enough that it could be the same thing creating the noise (much like a gunshot will sound the exact same from the same gun, but different in different areas), or it could be faked.

In theory that is correct. However, the chances of that happening, IMHO are extremely small. The small background clip that is in both videos combined with the fact that for an entire minute and six seconds the audio streams and wave forms matching in two different sides of the world are to much to be simply coincidental.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

is it not possible peeps are hearing the same sound in different areas...?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Could someone record different sounds that people have compared it to like large equipment , jets , etc and then compare them to the Kiev sounds?

Maybe match up Haarp activity with the date the sounds are heard , and what about solar activity , EQ activity , start to rule things out one by one.

I would do it but I don't have the know how.

Excellent work OP...s & f for you.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by zeeon

is it not possible peeps are hearing the same sound in different areas...?

Sure it is. However, the devils in the details. Background noise is like a unique signature in audio. It's difficult to naturally replicate, is unique in the context of time of occurrence in reference to the main subject of the audio (in this case the mysterious sound we are all discussing).

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well looking at it again I don't know if I did it right. The frequencies of both the rumbling and the mass effect are almost the same; the dB levels are off plus or minus a couple. So I'm going give it another go and see what I find.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Diseased because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join