It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best free email service?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've got a Gmail account but I want to switch to an email provider that is not owned by a corporation.

Can you recommend a reliable email provider which is FREE and doesn't include advertisements..?

P.S. I only need a basic email service, nothing fancy.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I just dumped my Yahoo account, which was all spammed out and hacked, for a new Canadian email service.

It's called Hushmail and it has no ads, and promises more advanced security than most email providers.

I've had it for a couple of weeks and I really like it. You need to have longer passwords, but it's worth it. They have a slicker paying service as well, but the freebee suits me fine.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

A September court document (.pdf) from a federal prosecution of alleged steroid dealers reveals the Canadian company turned over 12 CDs worth of e-mails from three Hushmail accounts, following a court order obtained through a mutual assistance treaty between the U.S. and Canada. The charging document alleges that many Chinese wholesale steroid chemical providers, underground laboratories and steroid retailers do business over Hushmail.

OK, I'll keep that in mind if I get in any legal trouble...

In fact, I use it for my 'light' stuff like blog subscriptions anyway.

But I would be interested in other members contributing their 'safe' email options. Although frankly, I feel that if it's on the internet, it can be got to one way or another. Just look at all the sites Anonymous has got into.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I've got a Gmail account but I want to switch to an email provider that is not owned by a corporation.

Can you recommend a reliable email provider which is FREE and doesn't include advertisements..?

P.S. I only need a basic email service, nothing fancy.

Who is your Internet Server? I use Time Warner Cable, and use their Roadrunner Email service, Roadrunner is private, and encrypted, and give me 4 Gb of space and as many 2Gb sub accounts as I want.
Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo are so easy to hack into it would shock you.

new topics

top topics

join