It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I died yesterday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I know this might sound wierd but I think I died yesterday. Let me set the scene the night before last, I was working night shifts and got home from work around 8am and went to bed. I knew I had a job interview the next day so I had to be up early to get back into daylight mode so I got up at 1:30 pm. My interview was at 8.30 am but was 150 miles from where I lived so I had to leave at 4:30 am to make sure I was on time. So the night before I go to bed and get to sleep about 11:30 pm and up again at 4 am. Obviously I am feeling very, very tired but I set off anyway.

The journey itself should take around 3 hours, so I was driving on the motorway and found myself struggling to keep my eyes open, so much so that I was all over the road. Anyway I stopped for 15 minutes and carried on but it didn't seem to help. Anyway I think I fall asleep at the wheel and time seemed to have jumped, I arrived at my destination in what seemed like an hour of travelling. I am pretty sure also I fell asleep for a considerable length of time whilst driving.

I know this all sounds a bit strange and it is very difficult to put into words what hapened on that journey and how I felt. But what I think may have happened is that I had a car accident and died that day but I have continued to live in an alternative universe. I am quite sure of this, in fact since this has happened I have thought of many instances where it is likely this could have happened. So this begs the question do we not die? Do we just transcend to another reality when it does happen? I am now sure that is what happens.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Interesting theory ...

Either that, or you were just sleep-driving. This seems more plausible.

Dying and living in a sort of side-track-alternate-universe where you didn't die, reminds me of Lost. I love that show. Would be cool if that could happen, who knows?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
...and then you woke up right?

If you are in an alternate universe how are you able to communicate across dimensions using ATS?...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'm not dismissing your theory, but I have a personal friend who was revived after being dead for nearly 12 minutes. He shared his experience with me, and I assure you that you are very much alive.

Consider it a blessing that you did not crash your car, you are one damn lucky person.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Interesting story, have you noticed any differences between this world and your own?

There are other people who claim this has happened such as This Woman

This woman noticed a lot of differences straight away.

I believe there was an ATS thread on this subject not to long ago, had a quick look but could not find it among all the other parallel universe threads.

You might not have necessarily died though, how about you from this universe has switched places with you from the other universe.

Or maby you just lost track of time!
edit on 18-1-2012 by RandalFlagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If you are still in the same dimension as us then maybe take a look in the mirror.

Is your skin grey like a zombie ?

The Book of Revelation says that there will come a time when people cannot die.

Well this is fun. It looks like the film The Dawn of the Dead is about to become reality. Better get training on those first person shooters like Resident Evil. Cool.

Unless of course you are a hit-n-run troll with a bizaar idea.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
...and then you woke up right?

If you are in an alternate universe how are you able to communicate across dimensions using ATS?...

I'm assuming he meant this is the alternate universe he popped into.

Then again, who knows.

I've had some rides I could not have survived unscathed, or unarrested, and yet, we made it somehow. I understand what you mean, and how disorienting it can be.

I do NOT think this is your alternate afterlife, unless you jumped into Hell on purpose.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

No offence, but.....I think someone needs a bit more sleep.

You really shouldn't drive when you are as tired as you say you were.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

sometimes someone will come home from somewhere get to their driveway and not remember the trip at all this is probably what happend just slightly different

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I've had similar experiences like that. The most wild one was when I fell asleep on the highway and when I woke up, I was sitting in my driveway. I mostly shrug that one off though cause I think I might have just fallen asleep after getting home, but apparently too tired to even turn the car off.

This other one I had just last year was pretty wild as well. During the season change to fall, my ears kind of build up with wax, so sometimes when I sneeze during that season, my ear will pop halfway and then everything starts spinning (pressure to my equilibrium), When things spin, I mean they really spin. If you tilt your head to the slightest either way, that's the way everything will spin. When not still and going at a speed, it spins even faster. Well, this happened on the way to work one day, and I was going around 70 mph (actually slower than the normal flow of traffic there believe it or not). Because of the speed I was going, everything almost looked like a spiral, then I blacked out.

Some how, while blacked out, I was able to catch my exit ramp and pull into a gas station, while perfectly parking at the pump. I was there in my car for about roughly 10 minutes (guessing as I'm not entirely sure what exact time I left the house) and I was woken by a person tapping on my window asking me if I was ok.

Well, I barfed all over the place from the nausea of it all, but I was ok and am still to this day confused on how I was able to manage all that while blacked out.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I am not too sure about differences yet it may be a bit too early to notice. There is always the possibility that I was driving whilst sleeping but I remember a fuzzyness and flickering when I was trying to keep my eyes open. I will read that link you have provided and see if there are any similarities.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Funny you mention this. I have felt the same thing numerous times. I have found myself wondering, what if I actually was in an accident and my conscience continued to live in an alternate universe. I could have potentially died in in my sleep and woke up within a dream or alternate reality to continue living my life. Sometimes things don't add up quite the way you'd imagine, or your life takes an unexpected turn. Things don't seem to vibe the way they did previously. I don't know, but it is a very provocative idea.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Driving in that condition is akin to driving drunk.

Next time you're in that position pull over and get an hours kip.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Having experienced many many similar experiences , I believe this is truth and that we cannot die from our own perspective, we simply move on to the next reality which , we are creating moment by moment somehow . Too many times in my 50 years I've experienced what should have been my own death to discount this or consider it "insane" . Enjoy the ride OP ! Make it as wonderful as you can ! Namaste ~

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

That is very interesting, It seems very similar to the way it happened with me, I seemed to be in one place one minute, everything went fuzzy and the next I am another 50 miles down the road. It just doesn't feel right. I am only making guesses at what might have happened, but it just does not feel right at all.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Anyway I think I fall asleep at the wheel and time seemed to have jumped, I arrived at my destination in what seemed like an hour of travelling. I am pretty sure also I fell asleep for a considerable length of time whilst driving.

People like you kill others. You should have your licence revoked at once.
edit on 18-1-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I did pull over and taken 15 minutes but like I say it didn't help and I had to get to an interview on time also.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by staticarium

I understand what you are saying and you are right.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Have you ever driven on the road before? If so, you could have memorised the road, thus knowing exactly when to turn etc. Also, when someone is extremely tired, once they wake up they can barely remember what happened when they were extremely tired (for example, countless sleeples nights - went to bed - get woken u by someone - engage in conversation while asleep - when it is brought up the next day, you have no idea what you talked about, perhaps only faint glimmers of the conversation). It could be like that? Only that you were aware of other vehicles, yet unaware if you know what i mean.
edit on 18-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

No offence, but.....I think someone needs a bit more sleep.

You really shouldn't drive when you are as tired as you say you were.

Easier said than done. I once found myself veering over the road after a good nights sleep. In fact I was travelling back to the office after a morning meeting. I woke at the sound of my tyres hitting the rumble strip on the side of the road. Motorway driving can be hypnotic.
Anyway kudos to the OP for going to an interview so far away.
I don't think it likely you are in another reality - unless you can be sure about the times involved. Sometimes it's just that people can't remember the journey - it's like being on autopilot. Many of us have had those experiences.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join