It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone on the forum heard the so-called groaning sounds, being reported on the Internet?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There's been many reports and videos of a so-called groaning sound that has been all over the Internet. But the issue is that many of the videos are clearly fakes, with the same exact sound as others, down to the bird chirping right before the noise comes on.

What we really need are people who have actually heard this and can attest to this. There's still no way to tell if this is some big hoax or not unless we have eyewitnesses. So has anybody on the board actually heard this noise? If you have, please tell where you are, what it sounded like, and any other key details you can think of.

It was even on spanish news, but I don't understand what they are saying:

Here are some videos:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am sure there are a few threads on this topic in here as my wife was reading one last night on here. Guess some people cannot be bothered to check for existing threads . I would add content to this but i will go add it on the last page of an existing thread . Ooooooooooooooooooo the stars and flags lost from not being first to post and not being on the first page go score stars.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17/1/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I thought I had this morning, but its so windy that that could be causing the odd noise.

The noise here sounded like the thunder rolling for a long time as opposed to the "whale" song sound.

If I hear it again ill do some recording and figure out how to get it up on the net.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
I am sure there are a few threads on this topic in here as my wife was reading one last night on here. Guess some people cannot be bothered to check for existing threads . I would add content to this but i will go add it on the last page of an existing thread . Ooooooooooooooooooo the stars and flags lost from not being first to post and not being on the first page go score stars.

I looked, but there are a massive amount of threads and each one is 10+ pages long. Thanks though!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Originally posted by freedomSlave

I looked, but there are a massive amount of threads and each one is 10+ pages long. Thanks though!

My point exactly lol

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
No offence OP but I've seen at least and most definitely at least 3 topics on this very subject today. Do not take it badly but there is nothing wrong with joining in an existing discussion where I am sure at least one of your videos was featured in as it has the same "Trumpet of the Apocalypse" title. Apparently everyone is hearing these noises, all over the place, except for me here in Holland.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
New one posted on my ytube sub list today from London UK is probably fake as does sound very similar to others,they say maybe its roadworks .
I think these are mainly copycat fakes.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I heard something this evening in the UK, but i have been listening to these "strange sounds" videos all day, so probably my mind playing tricks on me!

Im so excited by all this, finally 2012 is shaping up to be the year it promised to be!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I live in the northeast of the United States - Connecticut - to be exact. In August 2011 I was lying in bed...there was some overcast, but no storms in the area. For about 10 - 15 minutes, around 11pm, my girlfriend and I heard these same noises..a constant boom-boom-boom. I remember a post on ATS saying it was fireworks in NJ and I was like "do you know how loud those fireworks would have to be in order for me to hear them in CT from NJ?"

The Earth is definitely doing something OR, I'm not religious, the Revelations are beginning!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes I confirm the same sound being heard by me just outside Manchester city center England about two weeks ago and a couple of weeks prior to that as-well.
Both occasions it was extremely windy i believed it to be the wind break on top of the Beatham Tower.
Link To Article
The Beatham Tower appears to be modeled on the citadel from half life 2 Link To Article so maybe it's not the wind break if you've played half-life you know the plot.
The Plot
That is a BBC article after all , never the less it spooks me to here the sound on videos from all over the world.
hmmmmm. this combined with other things that make me paranoid could be a trans-dimensional thing.
any way enjoy the info if aliens show up i'll take a picture....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i have property in the taos area. i've been hearing the h'um' for years.
in the last year, in certain areas it has changed from a hum to a sound more resembling the noises in all the videos posted.
a few months ago i was down in the rio grande gorge and the noise was echoing in the canyon.
i was convinced that it was a fighter jet or something, yet it stayed constant for almost an hour.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I heard strange sounds last night the same date as the London recording - I live 200 miles North of London though - It was the early hours of morning - But the sound I heard was a deeper lower groaning type frequency coming from the sky
My initial thought was it Earths Magnetic Fields fluctuating. But that was my thoughts - It is a mystery

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
OK....PLEASE search! If you have to ask that question you clearly have not searched. There are TONS of threads on this subject. I'm not flaming you....it's just that there are so many and some of us have spent a lot of time on this, and with so many threads, it is getting scattered all over. Here are my threads, and also a thread linking only SOME of the threads on this. I will bet there are at least 100 easy

edit on 1/17/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
i have property in the taos area. i've been hearing the h'um' for years.
in the last year, in certain areas it has changed from a hum to a sound more resembling the noises in all the videos posted.
a few months ago i was down in the rio grande gorge and the noise was echoing in the canyon.
i was convinced that it was a fighter jet or something, yet it stayed constant for almost an hour.

So almost like a roar?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

True, but there isn't 1 thread dedicated to finding if people have specifically heard it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So many threads, and no answers, haha. I hope someone finds the source soon.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I live in the UK(South-West), I have heard these noises along with a load of other people the latest being today, I suggest you visit HERE. They have loads of videos on this topic. Know-one has debunked this yet and I cant see it being debuked either.
edit on 17-1-2012 by SieMa because: Typo

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Yes there is.... even made maps of the reports etc

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join