It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Smacks Down Fox Moderators on Military/Defense Spending!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Way to go Ron!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Are you kidding me? You are either a shill or incredibly ignorant.

Ya, thats what we need, constant war so we can keep jobs and grow the economy building jets and bombs that we dont even use wasting billions of dollars. We need to invade other countries, wipe out their people and seize their natural resources so we can grow our economy. Screw everyone else, Its all about america. Were the best and deserve ultimate power for the upper .1% at the expense of the rest of the world, including the american people. Lets just keep invading other countries and pissing people off until we have no more allies. After all, the more enemies we have, the more war we can engage in, right?

You are the reason we are in the current situation. You just dont understand that it took decades to get where we are and it is going to hurt to get out of it. You dont understand how damaging war is not only to other countries, but to our own. Too many americans just dont get it, which means that the elite are free to control and manipulate us into doing what they want.

Ron paul has the only reasonable plan to help this country but i dont think he has a chance. The great majority of republican voters hate obama so much that they will vote for someone only based on whether or not they can beat obama. Im afraid that its going to be romney. A lot of people are scared of ron paul. He doesnt speak the usual republican propaganda, and when you watch a lot of fox news and believe it, his ideas are scary and confusing. They are even more scary to democratic voters.

It doesnt really matter who is voted in as president. The real people who control our country and the rest of the world will get what they want regardless of who is president. Comply or die.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I am so sick and tired of these "moderators" intentionally misrepresenting his positions. Gerald Seib is a dbag, I hope he gets alot of hate mail.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I love RP and i'm not even american, what i love more than anything is, no matter how anyone tries, you cannot defeat the truth.

That video is another classic example of idiots trying to discredit someone, but all that happens is that he turns round and smacks you in the face with the truth, then they have nothing else to say, they try to be a smart ass and end up looking like idiots.

Whatever lies and negativity they try to use on Paul he just turns round and smacks them out the park, using his good old sturdy truth bat

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Go RP!!! This guy truly is an American hero. He may come across as the meek Walter Mitty, but don't # with Ron Paul! He is the ONLY candidate running who will actually fix this country. You watch, if he doesn't get the nomination, he has the military 100% behind him and if push comes to shove, he could muster the military to stand with HIM and stage a coup to throw those self serving douchebags out of Wasington and restore this country to it's once great status! GO RON PAUL!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
I am so sick and tired of these "moderators" intentionally misrepresenting his positions. Gerald Seib is a dbag, I hope he gets alot of hate mail.

Peace is bad for business y'know!
edit on 18-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What's up with the gestures? Are those freemason gestures? (the a ok sign, and the pointing that shapes the compass and square)

I am not saying that is either good or bad, just curious.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am sitting alone in my kitchen. Watching this video made me stand up and applaud !!

Might look very silly. But Ron is so right.

Having 900 bases in over 130 Nations IS just a massive waste of money and does nothing for defense at all.

Bringing all this personell home will improve defense, it will improve the family live of the personell and their families AND it will improve the job situation, since all these guys and girls need food, healthcare, housing, transport and other things which can and will be produced by american companies in the US

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What made me sad was when Ron Paul started talking about living by the golden rule, and the audience started booing him. That made me think we deserve what we're going to get if he's not elected.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashes of the wake

Why so angry if you've resigned yourself to "Comply or Die"? Why do you and others use Fox news as a means to bash others and then claim the higher ground? Fox clearly has it's problems but why this trend to make it seem more demonic than the rest of the MSM which is even worse? I abhor the "Diablos" mentality but he does have a point imo regarding the tech and war relationship. I watch Fox and embrace Ron Paul's message. I will have a few concerns with him as POTUS but so what? Dems watch Maddow, Oberman, and the rest... that makes them more receptive to RP? Um, no.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Wow! did that guy get owned or what?

Not once, but twice he asked the question and got his ass handed to him.

Thumbs up for Ron Paul for speaking the truth.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

If you think that's the case, and that "war" is the answer to your country's financial problems, well take a look at your "great nation"'s deficit.
Sure, it looks all well and good now, but it's like free spending on your credit card. You can buy all the nice items and enjoy them, but in a few years, it will catch up to you.
Sure, you could justify building weapons by being actively involved in a war... But those things cost money - money your country simply doesn't have.

I'll put it to you another way. It's called trial and error. If you think your country should maintain it's foreign policy, and "war machine" as you like to call it, just look at where it has gotten you. Take a look at your country right now. If you americans keep that mentality, it simply won't last. Something has to give.
I don't understand that term "great nation" that you americans use so often in regards to politics. I mean, sure it's a great nation of strength and values, but financially, economically, and logistically, it is anything but "great". (Right now, that is).

I think your country needs to find alternative ways to sustain itself. There isn't one solution to every problem.

Just so you know, i'm not even from your country, and this is how some of the people foreign to your country, feel about it.
Americans need to get this "war" mentality out of their heads. Many other nations achieve great stability through other ventures.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
For a minute lets pretend the POTUS actually has real power and is'nt the scapegoat of the elite.

Now picture this, Ron Paul gets elected without being assassinated and he fulfills his promise. He withdraws hundreds of Billions of Dollars from the overseas Miltary fund and America stops killing people overseas for financial gain and global dominance under the guise of the 'war on terrorism'.

Will this save the American people and America itself?

No, this will save the people on the other side of the world from getting killed by America, it certainly wont stop the rest of the world waking up to the truth, or more appropiately the lies, deciet, corruption, torture, murder and illegal wars commited by the Above Top Secrets running America. When that happens cutting budgets isnt going to matter squat.

In fact their 'war on terrorism' is keeping the wool pulled over everyones eyes, when that stops, thats when TSRHTF.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Any chance of a transcipt of what was said for those of us who cant see the video please?

Do you still require a transcript? It looks like it may take a while to write up, but it can't be missed. Let us know, and i'll write it up.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
GOD BLESS DR. PAUL GOD BLESS DR. PAUL GOD BLESS DR. PAUL!!!!

And I dont even really believe in God (I'm a Deist).

The most innocent part is when he turns to the other candidates and talks to them as though they are children that have lost their way, that need to have the concept explained to them.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeywoodFloyd
I really like Ron Paul, but I don't think he has any chance to be elected.
and I am really sorry about it.

so called "elections" are just entertainment, it is not important who votes,
but who counts the votes.
US Presidents are "optioned", not elected.
And the Rockefellers and their acolytes have already chosen the next US President.

Like it happened with Carter, in the 70's, or Clinton in the 90's, and everyone else, after Eisenhower, at least.

And do you think they have chosen Ron Paul??
No way...

and, anyway, US Presidents are just puppets, since after Eisenhower, they do not have any true power.
and they have just a middle grade Security Clearance.

US Presidents obey orders from well above, they just sign documents.

and they MUST obey.
Or they are executed.

That was Ron Pauls worst debate yet.
Newt won and i would say Mitt Romney punted.
---------
Obama is imploding. He will kill the Keystone Pipeline at 3PM.
20,000 jobs will not be created.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The Keystone Pipeline will not have created 20,000 jobs.

And, once it were to be built, and completed, then any of the few thousand construction jobs (if that many....probably a few hundred) will have gone away, since maintaining it would not need those who originally built it.

However, although the President is doing the right thing for the environment (if he kills it), it will be used as a political club with that inflated, and inaccurate, figure of "20,000 jobs" by those corporate interests, and their paid-and-bought political cronies.

The right-wing noise machine is ramping back up, again.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21
reply to post by Diablos

If you think that's the case, and that "war" is the answer to your country's financial problems, well take a look at your "great nation"'s deficit.
Sure, it looks all well and good now, but it's like free spending on your credit card. You can buy all the nice items and enjoy them, but in a few years, it will catch up to you.
Sure, you could justify building weapons by being actively involved in a war... But those things cost money - money your country simply doesn't have.

I'll put it to you another way. It's called trial and error. If you think your country should maintain it's foreign policy, and "war machine" as you like to call it, just look at where it has gotten you. Take a look at your country right now. If you americans keep that mentality, it simply won't last. Something has to give.
I don't understand that term "great nation" that you americans use so often in regards to politics. I mean, sure it's a great nation of strength and values, but financially, economically, and logistically, it is anything but "great". (Right now, that is).

I think your country needs to find alternative ways to sustain itself. There isn't one solution to every problem.

Just so you know, i'm not even from your country, and this is how some of the people foreign to your country, feel about it.
Americans need to get this "war" mentality out of their heads. Many other nations achieve great stability through other ventures.

Germans are buying our 10 Year T-Notes like crazy.
The yield is less than 2%!
It looks the USA is best investment in the world.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yes I agree it was a good reference but his overall performance was horrible IMHO compared to his other performances, maybe he was tired or sick I dont know but he did not to be all there.

Arrgghhh no Mitt...

Well if RP does not make it I guess the alternate choice for me is Newt, not because I believe him more or less thn the others, but because I know he would tear Obama a new one in an debate hands down...

sniper

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Instead of not voting everyone needs to write Ron Paul in! It may be a futile attempt but we won't know until we try. Not voting will certainly accomplish nothing

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join