It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your IQ - your Ignorance Quotient :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I was thinking there must be a metric to measure ignorance with certain things like:

General knowledge (federal reserve is a private bank, Mitt Romney is backed by the banks etc..)

I was thinking this would be an interesting project for ATS members as we could collect certain questions that are verified facts and standardize them

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
S+F

-How many Towers fell on 9/11/01?
-From Which country is Barack Obama?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Good luck. There are some many different types of intelligence and it doesn't compare well to actual smarts or sense in the first place. I think you're looking for more of a knowledge quotient, and even that gets spotty.

How about a trivia quotient?

Ugh. I need to have some drinks and go to sleep. Leave me alone.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Can we throw in a few trick questions too for a laugh?

Q "Bork, Bork, Bork, you eat soup with a ...?"
A "Fork...?"

(It worked on me dammit!)

ETA I think it's due to you having just heard the "ork" sound repeated and the brain just flips to autopilot... well that's how it happened to me. I felt like I'd been had.

On another note, wouldn't ignorance be scored in minus numbers?
edit on 16/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

That would be fun, but it would be it does not generally have to do with ignorance

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I was thinking there must be a metric to measure ignorance with certain things like:

General knowledge (federal reserve is a private bank, Mitt Romney is backed by the banks etc..)

I was thinking this would be an interesting project for ATS members as we could collect certain questions that are verified facts and standardize them
Well if one has blind faith in a deity or aliens visiting earth ,,then there I.Q. is thru the roof. Sorry if i have offended anyone ,,,,well not really.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Given the propensities of ATS users and the degree to which they fantasize conspiracies I will make a prediction (after all, this IS ATS) that if such a quiz were to be constructed, the higher the score, the more ignorant the person would be.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

IQ is supposed to be a measurement of how one is able to retain and utilize knowledge. An ignorance quotient would be the opposite of that. By this I mean a measurement how a person might continue to adamantly adhere to ignorant ideas despite all logic standing in opposition to their stance. For example, if a person refuses to listen to intelligent, scientific reasoning that undermines their belief patterns, then you could give them an ignorance quotient proportional to their stubbornness.
A good example is the OP in this thread.

Go through and read as far as you can stomach and determine what you think "THE_PROFESSIONAL's" "IQ" is.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

That would be fun, but it would be it does not generally have to do with ignorance

Fair enough, but what about your sentence here.

LoL, I'm sorry I couldn't resist-- I know you really meant for it to make sense!

Ok, here's my real contribution to your worthy Ignorant thread:

On average, how long does it take the MSM to report on Breaking News that ATS'ers already have multiple threads discussing? (Examples: Gulf oil spill; Fukishima nuclear disaster)
A. 1 hour
B. 12 hours
C. 1 day
D. 2 - 5 days

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

An important subject for Americans is vote fraud, especially with the upcoming elections. How many people actually know about Diebold?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I am actually very ignorant on that topic..hmm.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

There was once a huge outrage over it unfortunately like many other topics it all got swept under the rug and forgot about. If you search "Diebold vote fraud" you will find many different examples. There aren't many mainstream sources on it but I thought it was a known issue with most Americans. Eventually Alex Jones started talking about it so maybe that's why people stopped believing it.

This 10 minute video should give you enough info to make your own mind up and possibly want to look it up in more detail.

The video directs you to other sites, including what they claim to be a Princeton University site. It's since been taken down but there are other sites that host the file:

Security Analysis of the Diebold AccuVote-TS Voting Machin

I urge you to look into this and make your own mind up instead of taking my word for it because I would hate to spread misinformation, but this all looks legit to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acetradamus
S+F

-How many Towers fell on 9/11/01?
-From Which country is Barack Obama?

-America

Can I get at least one star for sarcasm.

edit on 16-1-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Fair enough, but what about your sentence here.

LoL, I'm sorry I couldn't resist-- I know you really meant for it to make sense!

Ok, here's my real contribution to your worthy Ignorant thread:

On average, how long does it take the MSM to report on Breaking News that ATS'ers already have multiple threads discussing? (Examples: Gulf oil spill; Fukishima nuclear disaster)
A. 1 hour
B. 12 hours
C. 1 day
D. 2 - 5 days

For the most part D: 2-5 days, but to be fair, I have seen A, B, & C at times.

But it's rare...so it must be a slow news day.

join