It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Monkey's? - The Humorous Answer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
We are so full of ourselves, yet a video I stumbled across seems to put things into a simple perspective.

Some say that we are descended from monkeys, some say alien plants, some say the grace of a higher being put us on earth, but a video with a touch of sarcasm makes some interesting observations.

Enjoy!

My personal reaction was a smile at the end.

edit on 16-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

useless eaters!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
lmao, that was great.
but he was wrong, 7 billlion people now

lol, then they start to argue about whos made up god is better.
s+f

edit on 16/1/2012 by listerofsmeg because: spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Loved the video! It's amazing how full of ourselves we are... Giving trophies like it means something, drawing imaginary lines in the dirt...

Good stuff!
Putting it in my sig.

edit on 1/16/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The way to be is to do what makes you happy and go with the flow like the animals and let nature sort it self out. Yes, hallelujah!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
"They're the only animals that think they're supposed to be happy. All of the other animals can just Be."

"The monkeys feel alone... all 6 billion of them."

Pretty clever and entertaining video. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If you subscribe to that line of thinking, you're shot in the head..Just about everything shown in this mindless vid should explain just a little of what makes us NOT monkeys...

Monkeys can't swim, some humans rather live in water as much as possible
we live in buildings of some sort, huts teepees to skyscrapers

Their brains could never function as ours even though an evolutionist claims they've been here longer than us, so much for evolution..

to argue this with simple minds is fruitless

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalData
If you subscribe to that line of thinking, you're shot in the head..Just about everything shown in this mindless vid should explain just a little of what makes us NOT monkeys...

Oh really?
swimming monkeys

Originally posted by MentalDatato argue this with simple minds is fruitless

You're telling me!

I liked that video. Even though we're not monkeys technically link we have to be living in total denial and ignorance if we don't consider ourselves part of Kingdom Animalia and closely related to the other primates.
edit on 17-1-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by aorAki because: formatting of link X 3 or so...blah

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
some reason I think we have monkey, pig, cat, etc genetics in us, and in the end we are all souls

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

we live in buildings of some sort, huts teepees to skyscrapers

Their brains could never function as ours even though an evolutionist claims they've been here longer than us, so much for evolution..

to argue this with simple minds is fruitless

Oh really! Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hah! Great vid and is a very summarized version of how I generally see most of the world too. I look around all the time wondering why people do the things they do. The answer? "because we can." The blatant fact this video is trying to show us (to those who don't like it for find it offensive somehow), is that we make this silly mistake of thinking WE are something great. That our lives are really important for some reason, and there is some huge divine purpose behind OUR existence (not all the other life on the planet or universe, just us).

Yeah, people are animals. If you even slightly accept that notion then human behavior makes a lot more sense, and is kind of laughable and also a bit disturbing.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Thanks for the clip OP, I enjoyed it very much.

Of course I do have some reservations about monkeys building cities or singing opera, or editing apostrophes, and I liked Kafka's metaphors of humans as alienated insects, or individualistic mice more.

Nevertheless, very funny.

Is it a case of monkey see monkey do?
Or can monkeys actually do what they're told?

Anyway, the thread reminded me of the Goombay Dance Band, and the song "Monkey".
I still like it:

edit on 17-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Actually if you think about it we've all been here for exactly the same amount of time.

Yet despite that, our vine-swinging/tree-climbing skills are pathetic, monkeys (or at least our closest relatives the apes) are far stronger than us physically, and our flea picking skills are pretty much non-existent!!!

Great video I really enjoyed it

edit on 18/1/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
We are NOT monkeys!

This pretentious little snot is just another mouthpiece of the NWO's Communist propaganda machine.

Science is a TOOL for understanding our physical world. Nothing more: A mere measuring tape; a hammer; an equation. It is NOT the be-all and end-all of human civilisation!

Wake up! You are much, much greater than you realise!

edit on 18-1-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalData

Monkeys can swim.

Since you state that animals can not think like us because we live in buildings....

Ants build huge subterranean cities.

They construct the angles and lengths of shafts to maximize air circulation and to maintain their desired temperature within the city.
On top of that, ants have mastered agricultural and livestock farming! Ants have domesticated herds of aphids for their sugary secretions, much like we do with dairy cows. Ants even grow, fertilize, and cultivate a species of fungal mushroom.

I know we're talking about monkeys here, but building shelter does not separate us from the animals.

edit on 1/18/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

www.savethechimps.org/faq

Chimps do not swim, chimps do not talk, sing, orchestrate music, naturally walk upright, have any spoken language or written, do not have flat faces with protruding noses, sweat as a human does, design such things as complex puzzles or schematics for building or understand the concept of original thought dealing with building structures, cook food, harness fire(and they had such a head start on us), clothe themselves or understand they are naked, understand fixtures of the heavens in relation to earthly travel, on and on and on...

They do not accumulate layers of fat under the skin like we do coupled with thousand other facts which clearly show we are an entirely different creation...

Humans have NEVER lived in trees, chimps have ALWAYS lived in trees...
Our instinct is to shelter ourselves under or in structures, they LIVE IN TREES, always have always will.

One species does not become another, get that through your head, never have,never will..
Any "evidence" you can find will be known frauds, thats the whole evolution "theory", fraud after fraud
Ida fraud, piltman fraud, neanderthal fraud, nebraska man fraud...
You people are so desperate
Keep drawing at straws

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Didn't anyone tell him we were apes?

*throws book across room in a fit of rage and then begins to light himself on fire*

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalData

Primates enjoy thermal pools in snow capped mountains. Apparently they can swim.

Some primates have demonstrated a learned and shared behavior of washing their fruits and vegetables before consumption.

Bonobos speak a highly complex language that we have yet to understand.

Captive primates have learned to communicate with us using sign language to express their thoughts, wants, and desires.

Primates have learned to create and utilize many stone and wooden tools.

Some primates build bedding nests to sleep on.

Primates have illustrated memory, intelligence, and problem-solving capabilities when tested with various puzzles.

You still think primates are idiotic animals and humans are not?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

No, I am attempting to enlighten people like you we are a completely different species, there are other very intelligent animals, whales and dolphins come to mind but that doesn't mean we are ancestors. The whole idea is ridiculous really, to the point evolutionists should try to f*@k one of these primates and let us know how similar the experience is..(I shouldn't say that, we do have some very sick humans) Now I don't spend time examining the mating habits of chimps but I would make a large bet it does not include passionate kissing sucking fondling anal oral or hour n a half sex sessions... Just the womans physique alone flys in anyones face attempting to relate the two. Eva Longoria is in no way evolution, Adrianna Lima for that matter.

You people seem hellbent on lowering man down to animal status but for some reason throughout our history man has strived to learn and educate himself to no end. You will not find this in the animal kingdom. I find it hard to see your motive to compare endlessly.

Yes we have the make up of a mammal, that doesn't make cows come from horses.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaOwl

First laugh I had today!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join