It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens to a Person With Multiple Personalities After Death?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
Let us speculate for a while, philosophizing about the afterlife aside. Let's say it does exist.

As you know, there are many who claim they are what is commonly known in conspiracy circles as ''multiples''. People who - due to unimaginable trauma - created many identities unaware of one another.

That being the case, a multiple dies. Normally, we would assume the main personality IS the one to experience afterlife, but is it really clear when a person has DID?

Take it to a religious level: who is going to be judged? Mr. Smith or Mrs. Rose? Or an infant personality?

This is an interesting dilemma, to say the least.

What do you think, ATS?

Allah is the best Judge, and judges no one unfairly.

When I pray, I say Bismillah ir Rahman ar Raheem... This means in the Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful. We do not understand the fullness of these words when enacted by Allah, we only have a very limited understanding, and HE is Greater than can be described and we cannot imagine...But HE is ALL Beneficent and ALL Merciful, HE is truly The Just, and never unjust.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There is one that is your normal conscious self. That person will be healed and no longer fractured. Also this comes out of abuse, often horrific. Its just healed and forgiven and the person happy.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Taking into account that God doesn't mess with DNA - and in fact God is an evolutionist, in as much as He allows our species to evolve, as much as the Earth and it's life evolves. This perhaps for the most part, but where God gets involved, is what we decide we want to be; black, blind or a musician. So that is where He's hand is - IMO

So, someone decides to abuse you. Not something you or God decided should be part of your life. From the age of 5 you are molested and raped by a parent. At the age of 12, you kill yourself. Not because the rape hurts physically anymore, but because your soul is so marred by pain, you have no will to live. You stand before God, and in order for Him to take away from your soul the pain that lies there, He basically has to elimanate all of what you know, because all of what you know is pain.

What I am stating is an extreme, but it happens, and I have often wondered how God greets a soul like that. One day when I was so traumatised after reading about a little girl who was chained to her bed during the day... all sorts happened to her, she was taken to a hospital, and pictures of her tortured body with black strips over her eyes and privates made it so real, so true and so grotesque. I cried... I sat on my sofa and sobbed. I saw a vision of a majestic man during that sob, holding a limp soul in His hands, and He too was sobbing. I'm embarressed to say I have visions, but they are profound, and they only seem to happen when I cannot understand at all. I don't know that God can fix everything. I think we are so adequately equiped at breaking one another, that it's the most shocking thing He has to endure. I think that if you think that it all ends up really "happily ever after" then you need to think just what is it all about? Why would He allow such horror, just so it could be taken away in a wave? This horror isn't about what God wants, or what He will allow - that horrible thing that people say "it is with God's Will", it has nothing to do with God, it has to do with our free will, it has to do with our capacity to endlessly destroy. God is The Creator! God is not ugly! God is Love. This life is about us practicing what we deem to be our right, He gave us life because once He realised He could... there was no way He couldn't. Yet, the more we realise we can kill, the more we do...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LaborofLove

God gets to see all his glory. The glory of God is as diverse as you can imagine. He experiences the full spectrum and he never experiences anything twice. Everything appears here.

As something is 'destroyed' something is 'created'. Man believes he can only destroy, how weird is that?
Each moment is birth and death, death and birth. How could the scenery be constantly changing if this was not the case?
Appearance and disappearance of appearance. What 'sees' the appearance never disappears because it can never appear.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

What Happens to a Person With Multiple Personalities After Death

There is only one soul. After death the physical illness' go away. Having multiple personalities happens because the brain malfunctions. once the body is ejected, the mental illness goes away leaving just the soul to move on. I'm sure it'll come as a relief to the person suffering from mental illness ... a great burden will have been lifted.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Death cures all does it? Then what?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
No matter the mental or physical ailment, the ghost of a former mortal human will no longer suffer any of these mental or physical ailments. The greatest suffering will be in regards to regret, what if, etc.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

'What if?' is the suffering.
'This is!!' is the end of all mind made suffering.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It is a great relief to hear that i have to wait until physical death for the suffering to end. Why can't the suffering end now?
I can escape suffering by realizing that i cannot escape this life by looking to the future. The searching for an escape route is what hurts, it is the suffering. The resistance to what IS is the suffering.
What IS is not somewhere else or someone else, it is what is right here and now in your experience and that is all there ever will be. What ever is appearing presently is it, it is all there is.
Acceptance is the key. Longing for more or less than what is the denial of life.

The human mind turns its back on real life and instead plays god in it's imagination, believing the imagination more than life itself, it is lost and confused and wonders why life does not fit its plan.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

There is only Hope - Accepting that I am nothing but pain, that I am nothing but this moment... is accepting doom. Hope is the dream that we dare! Dreaming is the prayer that we pray! Prayer is the turning to God! God Is All That There Is!

If God is nothing but glory and self love in every moment, if our moments do not touch Him as they touch us, then God is not a God of Love - for God is then just selfish. If our pain is so devastating to us, then it is only fitting that God is vengeful, for God Himself will answer our prayers, and take revenge on those that cause our pain. God is our Father... Our Creator, and yes, our Everything...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Death cures all does it? Then what?

Death cures any physical diseases ... that's for sure. No body = no physical diseases.
A misfiring brain is a physical problem. No brain = no more brain misfiring.

As for what happens after death ... no one knows for sure, right?
Energy doesn't die, it just changes form.
So whatever form life is after the body dies .. it goes on WITHOUT the physical problems.

That makes sense.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
It is a great relief to hear that i have to wait until physical death for the suffering to end.
Why can't the suffering end now?

Ah yes .... the great queston on suffering. I hear ya'. ATS Thread - Is God A Deadbeat Dad?

I myself am looking forward to ditching this useless transport vehicle (body).
I have Sjogrens autoimmune (which is systemic) and untreatable glaucoma issues.
Other issues as well like kidney stones, osteoporosis, etc etc
My future looks to be pretty yukky .. as well as dark.

WHY is this happening and WHY doesn't it end? I don't know. I've been told 'reasons' by many people ... karma, past life karma, bad DNA, God Wills it so there is a reason, victim soul for others (Buddhist and Catholic teaching) and of course the ol' ... there is no reason for it, it's just how the chips fall. If you figure out another reason why suffering can't end now .. lemme' know. I'll add it to the list of reasons I've been given ...

But anyways .. on topic ... multiple personalities die with the body that causes them.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I grew up in a place where suffering was accepted. Where enslavement was almost what my parents lived. Once we decided to resist, to fight, to rise up against the regime. Everything started crumbling miraculously. God helps those who help themselves. I rose against apartheid, I will rise against any injustice vetted on man. I will never accept that God wants this for us. I was not put on this earth to be poor, black and humble. I was put here to reach my own mission, to live a life of beauty, and every single day I do. I do not condone the actions of man against each other in unjust way and their ugliness, it tears at me like cancer. I do not accept that one towers over the other because of wealth or any other form of strength. Every little hitler who has been pulled through the streets, who has hidden in holes, like Sadam, Bin Laden and Gadaffi of late, like Hitler himself of old, have had no tears cried for them, they were handed to us to be dealt with. I love God because I get that He loves us enough to be involved in every little aspect of our lives. So my ambition is to be involved in my own life in ways that every little aspect is answerable to Him.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
What is wrong with right now unless you think about it? Notice how the mind is always telling stories about other times when it was bad or when in the future it's going to get really bad. So strange that we live in the past and the future but never right now. But it is a lie. Life can only happen now. Life is now.
The mind is full of fear, full of horror, full of 'stories'.

If you stay with now you will be at peace. Play in time and you are fighting/struggling/resisting. It is the resistance to 'what is' that hurts. Relax into what is real and it won't hurt anymore.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I think your take on your suffering is sad. When you have cancer it should never define who you are. Hi, I'm Mike and I have heart disease, is not what people say when they are introduced, but when it comes to cancers it seems like your cancer trumps whatever else you may be. I always say, God gives us disease to help us enter His Kingdom. Those who are without illnesses, they are the ones who should be worried. Your suffering is greatly elevated when you elevate your suffering. Which means, you forget what you should be learning from it. Every God-given suffering is a lesson. Every cold and flu.

Something that happened about four years ago. A family reunion, and people all converged on our hometown from far and wide. We'd never had one before, so suddenly this excitement was in the air. An uncle, who had never travelled and stayed put his whole life, lived in a near mansion... he had a fall out with a relative over a decade before - this relative was barred from his house for the duration of the festivities. On day one of the reunion, he fell ill, his eyes were swollen, he went to the doctor, and the was diagnosed with some odd infection, very rare. He spent the rest of the festivities, either in his room, while others roamed his house, or with sunglasses on. I saw what his eyes looked like, and it was frightening. The moral of this story was, it is not for us to hold a grudge, God is the Judge. And the thing is, God ended up choosing who entered his house, as he had no command over his household... yes that relative was there too... God made it clear that we don't get to choose the movements of others. No! Uncle never learnt the lesson, he just kept sulking and saying how sorry he is to be missing out on everything, and he really loves children, but the last thing he could do was allow any of the little ones to see how monsterous he looked.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaborofLove

I think your take on your suffering is sad. When you have cancer it should never define who you are.

I most definately AM sick .. chronically sick .. incurable ... it's only going to get worse.
My entire life has changed because of it. OF COURSE it's going to define who I am.
It effects everything for me ... from how I feel to how I deal with things to my spiritual life.

What gets me is I used to be like you .... say things like you.
I'd tell people that when they got sick 'it must be for a reason' or I'd say 'trust God'.
That's B.S. and I deeply regret having said those kinds of things to people.
Being sick is just that ... being sick ... and it SUCKS.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
very interesting thread.

Everytime abuse happened when I was a child, I believed I died and got another body and thus another Me and so I have many ghosts. It is hard to explain but even now, I am a ghost. The 1st Me died when I was five and is still naked somewhere dead. I just die and leave my body and would you want your body back after horrible things have happened?

My shrink tells me that I did not die and that I am not a ghost. He says I blocked out the memories and that is not my fault. It isn't something an individual can control. .

I do wish it would just all go away but I have no control over it. As for MPD, well I am fortunate that I only have various Mes at different ages and yes it is painful when I trigger and start talking like a child. I am doing much better but integration is very difficult.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

that is impossible to do when everything around you in your now or moment triggers memories.

It would be great to stay in the now...but sometimes people do not have the control of that, like it is hard for them to be sure of what reality they are in. What if a person sees two realities or two nows?

That is PTSD. I might be out somewhere and trigger because of something I see and then I am unsure of where I am...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I never said you're not sick... You don't know my health issues either, so don't think I'm saying this because I feel judgmental of you. Read 'Don't waste your cancer' John Piper URL : www.desiringgod.org also read 'The last lecture' Randy Pausch - you have a lot to learn, saying Faith in God is BS, is saying you are an atheist... Are you?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I wish you well! I cannot say more than that, I wish you well.

<< 1    3 >>

join