It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange variation of sleep paralysis or something else?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yup, used to get night terrors/sleep paralysis all the time. Sometimes I would indeed feel like I had temporary amnesia, forgetting very basic things like how I got where I was if I had fallen asleep somewhere other than my bed, if I was alone in the house or not, names, etc. It's likely just a symptom of your brain being incredibly confused and panicked by the situation, partly asleep and not being able to work properly.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry about it or read much into it. The brain can do some truly weird things when it comes to sleep paralysis and other sleep disorders. Please don't listen to the people trying to tell you it's some evil spirit and you need your spirit guide yadayada, those people simply are uneducated about sleep paralysis and the power of the mind and interpreting things through their own religious world view. Starting to believe in nonsense like that will only make your symptoms and the fear you feel during it worse, trust me.

When you get sleep paralysis try your best not to panic and don't try to force your whole body out of it, it's usually more productive to focus on trying to wiggle your toes or feet, it's a pretty effective and well known method to break free of it.
edit on 13-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It is something else and it's called 'false awakening' . It means you were actually asleep and you could try to take advantage of this kind of experience in the future and make it positive instead of scary.
Every time i get the sense of something not quite 'normal' and scary i try to fly and every time it turns out i can fly - hence dreaming and better yet, lucid dreaming. I dunno why but scary things are my trigger for lucid dreams and you should try to convince yourself (in RL) that next time you have a scary experience, you're gonna recognize it's a dream.
This may take a long time but it's worth it, then you can kill the entity or make it disappear or transform it into a mouse. Gandalf will seem like an amateur

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I have nightmares almost every night and sleep paralysis whenever I wake up. I've never not been able to remember something as important as another's name, but usually it takes me a good five minutes to remember I've actually been to sleep. It's weird, I kind of wake up and it feels like the same point in time as when I fell asleep.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Yeah with the paralysis I concentrate on moving and it passes...I really hate when I seem to instantly drift back into it though! I tend to wake myself up for half an hour before going back to sleep.

The night terrors are ridiculous...I've had things chase me all over the house during those, it's not nice at all!

When I was younger my mum would try wake me during a night terror and I would shout and scream and punch my wall until she left me alone...I used to wake up doing it wondering what was going on. My poor mother, I would be very freaked out if my children were doing that!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Ha ha now that would cause me to sleep with the light on, if I slept at all!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bettytheyeti

Yes that's how I get. I feel like I never even went to sleep in the first place. It must be awful for you to suffer this so often. Have you tried any remedies for it?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

I was definitely awake though but I know what you are saying, as I often fly in my dreams when I realise it's a dream! I just can't explain the presence though, it's like it is the same one that has been around me all my life. I'm familiar with it, I just don't like it!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

I understand your point of view and maybe it is all in my head and my fears, but I have had a LOT of unexplainable things go on throughout my life that leads me to research all of this. Hearing of demons and entities does not scare me as I've been through the worst of whatever it is already, worst 2 weeks of my life. So the comments won't taint my views in anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

I haven't tried anything, no. I've had it since I was a kid so I just learnt to deal with it really. If anyone on this thread knows of anything though, I'm curious to try!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join