It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange variation of sleep paralysis or something else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I get sleep paralysis a few times a year and have suffered night terrors quite frequently in the past but last night I had an experience I've never had before.

I hadn't been trying to get to sleep long when I must have drifted off and all of a sudden I woke with a start and immediately felt a presence in the room, I kind of felt it dart across the room and I assumed it somehow made me jump and woke me up. I was wide awake at this point and felt quite freaked out that I wanted to shout downstairs to my partner to come up but I couldn't remember his name at all! I could move and I was fully aware but I could not for the life of me remember it, it was a really scary feeling, I was going over so many names in my head but it just wasn't the one! I was thinking that this 'thing' didn't want me to shout him for help. As soon as I remembered it I didn't feel so freaked out to want to shout him up anymore. I laid there a while thinking about it and then went back to sleep.

Anyone had anything similar? I weren't going to post a thread but I can't stop thinking about it!
edit on 12-1-2012 by Bex33 because: Missed out words

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
that's pretty freaky. i've never had this happen to me, im curious to see if others have had this happen to them. Must have been scary for you.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This sounds similar and is probably connected to the dreams where we are in danger and we try to yell, but nothing comes out, and we feel helpless. I've had this dream a lot, and so have others I know of.

While it's not quite the same (no forgetting of names, etc) it sounds like the same concept, and is basically a fear+frustration dream, the fear of the scary event, plus the frustration of either not being able to remember a name, or more commonly, trying to scream but have nothing audible come out.

It's not too surprising you'd be unable to remember a name in a dream, seeing as your brain is not working as it would be during waking hours.

Edit: Oh, and while you say you were wide awake, I think it's likely you weren't quite, part of your brain was still in sleep mode, hence your inability to remember correctly. You just needed time to properly wake.
edit on 12-1-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'd definitely like to think I was still asleep but it just felt different from that, but your probably right. To be honest, I'm experiencing this 'presence' nearly every night, though not as obvious as last night. It's happened ever since I was little. Maybe it's just the way I am wired but I would like to know how to get it to stop!

I did have a crazy thought that it is myself, out of body

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I was on holiday in the canaries about ten years ago with my girlfriend, now my wife, and we went to our bed about 2 am after having a drink and a meal.
About 10 am I woke up and couldn't move and relized I was paralysed as has happened before and even now due to my body thinking it was still asleep.
This though, my girlfriend also woke with same problem and never had it since. All we could do was try to talk but not a lot came out of our mouths. This was really scary as it had happened to the two of us at same time and never happened again since. We managed to move after a few mins but it scared us.
I have had it when I woke up face down on the bed and not being able to move or breathe properly which is really scary.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

That is really strange that you both had it at the same time. It is scary enough without being face down on your bed! I find it's worse if I fall to sleep on my back. I remember the first time I ever got it. I'd had a dream I was being pulled underwater by weeds and I was drowning. I was not impressed to wake up still unable to breathe or move. Not nice!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I have never heard of it happening before to anyone else which is strange.
I hate when it does happen even though I now know what it is but I just wait for it to go, easier said than done as it happens.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

Don't mean to scare you, but there is actually an entity there draining your life energy which is what is causing the paralysis.

Before you go to sleep, ask your benevolent spirit guides to shield your body in white light and to keep all dark entities away from you.

I used to have them bother me all the time and since I started doing this they have never come back. Well, except for once when I forgot to ask before I went to sleep.

I started a thread a few years ago about the most bizzare experience I had. Another guy had seen the same entity also.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/1/12 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bex33
I find it's worse if I fall to sleep on my back.

That's because your chakras are facing up and it is easier for these entities to drain them.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

That is the only thing I've ever read that makes sense in regards to sleep paralysis being worse on your back. Thanks for your input, I will look into it and have a read of your thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Flag for you for bringing this topic up. Has freaked me out many a time, thought it was just me....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This has happened to me numerous times, the easiest way to break out of sleep paralysis is by concentrating on movement, the moment you can focus enough to cause movement , you will wake up. Control the dream, do not let it control you.

PLPL

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Please remember that part of your brain is still coming out of dream mode. You see things, you hear things, you can forget the simplest things like your partners name.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I don't see anything, I sense it, as I sense it during the day sometimes also.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Will try that when it happens again, thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis and night terrors most of my life, I have even been possessed when i was a child and have OBE's regularly... I remember everything and have come to know the differences between them all.
If you are having Sleep Paralysis.... Don't Panic, stay calm and simply try to cough....as simple as that, it brings you and your body back on the same page.
If you get night terrors... Hard not to panic as this is a feared filled state due to...(in my own personal point of view) viewing the other relm that most humans aren't meant to see until its their time. Lets call it.... the spirit layer of our current world(The Real Twilight Zone)? Quite scary. So how to get out of it. I hope you have a partner? they will be needed... Try your hardest to control your voice and repeat a pre arranged IOE(incase of emergencies) Word, in my case it is simply "HELP", they will no the difference your voice sounds different to your actual physical voice so I'm told. At this point your partner should gently smooth your face or head until you are.."Back In The Room".
If its Possession... Do Not!!! Do Not!! have somene try to snap you out of it. Just ride it out and have your partner on stand by for any sleep walking dangers.
OBE's.... well there fun so no need to tell you how to pull out of those.. But coughing works the same for those. Usually it's voluntary.

Hope this helps... I developed these techniques over 44 years....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

I have already arranged that she tries to help,me when this happens, best I can do is try to say something which doesn't come out too well if you can understand. A bit like talking when you have been to the dentist and your mouth is all numb.
Good info though

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I've suffered sleep paralysis, terrors, attacks and the absolute certainty that 'something' was in bed with me, which was really horrible.

I have taken a homeopathic remedy, belladonna, and found it effective. You might like to look into that.

I like to have pets sleeping in my room, when I have them, I think it helps. Although, a couple of times I've had a pet rat sit up by my pillow and watch something across the room before diving under the covers. How grateful I was for that, it really helped me to sleep easy

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have a border collie who sleeps on the floor in our room. Every morning without fail, even if I have just woken up without moving or opening my eyes, he knows I am awake and nudges me with his nose and if that doesn't work, he puts both paws on the bed and licks my face.
How he knows I am awake is beyond me, but he never wakens me from a sleep only when I have just woken up.
He gets me up so that he can go outside for the toilet by the way....
He has just turned 7 years old and has done this for the past few years.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
I like to have pets sleeping in my room, when I have them, I think it helps.

A lot of dark entities are terrified of cats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join