It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get an AR-15 for under 650 dollars! no scams!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hey ATS I recently built a MIL-Spec AR-15 (semi-auto of coarse
) for 650 dollars. How you may ask? first you can order the lower receiver for as low as 129.99 plus shipping you need an FFL or know a dealer.

www.karrisguns.com...

Or you can go to this site-

www.surplusammo.com...

Surplus ammo is where you can get the upper at a great price too! I got my Upper receiver for 385.99 a true DPMS my buddy bought a Stagg for only 10 more dollars.

Both are optic ready so thats up to you. Surplus takes afew days to ship but good service.

I hope this can help somebody own an AR who has trouble with the price. I'm not rich be a long shot. and even still I own a great rifle for targets or SHTF. Good luck my friends, and happy shooting!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
yes, price has been dropping for a year now
what's up i don't know.....under a thousand...and now 650 plus a scope...cool
they are grouping 2 inches at 100 yds.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I want a AR-15
damn Australia and their gun laws!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

Nice idea but the only true crucial absolutely need to get part is the lower reciever.
From there none of the other parts are hard to get nor have serial numbers.
So, get your lower before anything happens.

At first I thought you were going to suggest the newest offering from s&w, their non mil spec ghetto ar 15.
No forward assist nor dust cover.
The cover you could live without but the forward assist or lack thereof could get you killed.
S&W value weapons...

(Edit)
LOL was checking karri's and it may be a typo but I suspect it was not.
The
California compliant lower is listed as...
CA Complaint Assembled AR 15 Lower No Stock.

edit on 11-1-2012 by g146541 because: funnies.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

You know I'm STILL stunned all the UK and common wealth do not allow the citizens to own firearms. Britain was the first to allow and encourage private citizens to get armed (many centuries ago :lol

My advice, move to the USA my friend. We love Aussies and happily arm them

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Oh dear god no! I've seen those things! (I won't even refer it as a gun!
)

No I made this post so everybody can be one step closer to owning a higher quality rifle. These are factory new and not trash.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Had some buddies at work get a smokin' deal on some AR's, I'll have to ask them if these are the same sites they used. At the time, I didn't have the cash to pitch in or I'd have one myself

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is what happens when a nation does not have arms to defend against tyranny.

Scroll down and look at the chart

jpfo.org...
edit on 11-1-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
yes, price has been dropping for a year now
what's up i don't know.....under a thousand...and now 650 plus a scope...cool
they are grouping 2 inches at 100 yds.

WOW that's sucks ....... 1/4 inch to 1/3 on a under 5MPH wind day ..... might want to check grain weight and rotation match up ... just a thought

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

AMEN my friend, this is why I made the post. I'm a student of history and I can see time and again. Every time they disarm citizens, Chaos ensues. Bandits or Gov't cruelity plauge the people.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

^^^ Agreed

Trendy 2nd line

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
But does it look like this?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've built at least a dozen over the years from stripped lowers.

Did you buy your lower complete or assemble it from stripped?

If you really want a penny in your cap finish an 80% lower build.

No serial numbers. No FFL transfer. Just a block of aluminum and you. You can do it with hand tools if you don't have a press or mill.

Finish a few of those and stick them somewhere safe for a rainy day.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkej23
Hey ATS I recently built a MIL-Spec AR-15 (semi-auto of coarse
) for 650 dollars. How you may ask? first you can order the lower receiver for as low as 129.99 plus shipping you need an FFL or know a dealer.

www.karrisguns.com...

Or you can go to this site-

www.surplusammo.com...

Surplus ammo is where you can get the upper at a great price too! I got my Upper receiver for 385.99 a true DPMS my buddy bought a Stagg for only 10 more dollars.

Both are optic ready so thats up to you. Surplus takes afew days to ship but good service.

I hope this can help somebody own an AR who has trouble with the price. I'm not rich be a long shot. and even still I own a great rifle for targets or SHTF. Good luck my friends, and happy shooting!

Wow, is this a commercial?

I guess we'll have to watch out for the latest kitchen gadgets and diet formulas next...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They were complete lowers, My gunsmithing skills are nowhere near good enough to build from a stripped kit. All you have to do with these is put top to bottom and start shooting.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

No not an infomercial my friend. I just wanted to share my my good news with everybody. I looked damn near everywhere for the lowest prices- Cheaper than Dirt or Gunbroker and Gunsamerica and on and on.

So I can across these two sites, they offered the lowest prices for FULL recievers nothing stripped no specials tools.

I believe that an armed and informed public is a safer one.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I only wished it was a hello kitty rifle at that price

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
No big deal. FFL license needed so, either you have good ol' dealer friend, or you want to pay 30-200$.
Aero precission is good company, but if you want reliable one, i would recommend to get into rock river arms, bushmaster, armalite,pof, stag, daniel defense.

Still i would go into something with picatinny rails, always have opportunity to add verti grip.
Sorry but who couldn't afford a $1k rifle? I can save $1k by 2 months, and i bet many people can so.

edit on 18-1-2012 by piotrburz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Cool

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Or, you could take that same $650 and buy the stuff (tools included) and build an AK out of a flat. Upside is that now that you've got the equipment subsequent AKs will run you ~$250.

Twice the rifle at half the price.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join