It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Iraqi dinar about to revalue making 1000's of patient investors instant millionares?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
While I'm not one of those investors, I do have a vested intrest on the subject. My dad posesses 700k Iraqi dinars. He tells me after the rv (revaluation) they could be worth as much as $3 US each. He also said he will pay my house off if and when they come through. So yes, I for one, am hoping this will occur. Any monetary experts in the house? Since he told me of this investment I have been watching a few forums and websites on the topic.

There seems to be a very well informed, well conected group of people that are constantly researching and updating eachother. The forums are all abuzz at the moment, saying the rv is nearly done and should be complete by the end of the week. On one I heard that Biden and Hillary are in Iraq right now!

Anyway, I thought I would post here on ATS because there's alot of intelligent folks here who may be able to break this down for me. Any Iraqi dinar owners in the house? What have you heard?

The other possibility is this is just one giant hoax or scam perpetuated be crafty dealers trying to make it rich off a bunch of suckers. What say you ATS?

I will add, the value of the dinar is currently. 0.0086¢ or 1169 dinar per US dollar
edit on 11-1-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I am also not an investor buy my uncle owns a load of dinars that he has been buying since 2002. In the last few months, my mom and her family have been waiting on this revaluation and claim that the 7 of them will have a million each. I am sure my uncle is keeping a lot for himself, they are a greedy bunch.

I am hoping this goes through, like you, because that would be a nice chunk of change for my mother.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by imnotanother

Yes, I'm very excited at the moment as all signs are pointing to the rv being a reality. Ive been following the forums for months and I've never seen this much excitement on the boards. This could be it. Good luck to you and your family!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Where did the dinars come from?
Were they leftover from something or have people been buying them hoping for revaluation?

Also who's talking about this...source?
edit on 11-1-2012 by JRedBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JRedBeard

The dinar is Iraq's currency. One link I frequent is here: Dinar forum
Kuwait did something similar( not sure when, I'm on my phone )on and their dinar is now worth about $3.23 each.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but more than likely the dinars are next to worthless. I like the quote below in reference to dinar get rich quick scams:

Next time someone offers you a deal on Iraqi dinar, ask ’em if they’d trade some dinar for a Hertz donut or a nice Delaware punch.

Blog

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

Did you happen to read the comments under the article? All positive and all dispelling everything he said in his Ill-informed article. Are there scams out there involving the dinar? Yes. That's not to say the entire dinar rv is all a scam though. Time will tell.
edit on 11-1-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I bought 3 million dinars for 8 dollars per 25k note in 2002 and sold some last year @ 28 per note so the price has rose and i have about 1 million left i was holding on too in case the RV happened maybe it will even if it 50 cents on the dollar ill be very very happy

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Wow, even at $28 thats a pretty good profit. Have you heard anything recently about revaluation?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The buzz on the websites right now is this is happening. Cash in as early as Monday or Tuesday. Big money no whammy!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Rumor has it our government owns 10+ trillion Iraqi Dinars.

Anyone know about this?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: imawlinn
There seems to be a very well informed, well conected group of people that are constantly researching and updating eachother. The forums are all abuzz at the moment, saying the rv is nearly done and should be complete by the end of the week. On one I heard that Biden and Hillary are in Iraq right now!

I will add, the value of the dinar is currently. 0.0086¢ or 1169 dinar per US dollar

The exchange rate is now 0.00087, or 1149.7 per US dollar.... so as expected the RV has not happened, nor will it.

top topics

join