It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods.....Can we open a new category for the "sounds"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am wondering if it would be possible to merge the threads on the strange sounds into one category, like the one for Japan, etc? There are so many threads on it, and still coming daily, that it is getting confusing and scattered info....especially for those new to the subject. There seems to be a lot of interest in it, and it seems as though a lot of things are being repeated over and over, because people have not seen the other threads. Can we put them all in one place? Here are some of the MANY threads on this topic, and there are so many more....and like I said more every day.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and many many more......
edit on 1/11/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/11/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just type in strange rumbling sound and you'll see....and that's not counting other word combos people use for it....there are so many!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Great ideal,Kat!

Did you know that there is even a petition started on it?

Demand an answer about persistent strange rumbling noises coming from the sky

[Removed Link To Petition]

Mod Note--ATS & Activism
edit on 1/11/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hey, StealthyKat,

I agree. These threads keep popping up on the strange sounds. (which btw i'm very interested in). Untill we know the cause it does deserve it's own catagory.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Definitely. For the sake of effective cataloging and investigation, I think a separate forum for these reports would be very valuable. Then, maybe finally someone would be able to successfully map these events worldwide.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

You got snipped
But no....I didn't know that....I'll look it up....not that I am promoting activism or anything

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Great idea Kat. I like the idea
of having all the links and ideas
put together in one place. The
reports do seem to be increasing.

edit on 11-1-2012 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
YES!! YES!!! YESSS!!!!!!!

Please?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A little off topic here,because my link was deleted because of activism,isn't that just a bit hypocritical because just a few days ago,ATS was starting a campaign against SOPA.
Am I wrong here?

US Government Firewall Banning Notice on ATS,

Or is it cause I didn't follow the right protocol?

Just asking,thats all.
edit on 11-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
As weird as it may sound, I would not be against closing down either the Breaking Alternative News or the Breaking General News forums, having one breaking news forum that is for both alternative and general breaking news and then turning the extra one into something else.

The Breaking news forum is supposed to be for breaking news dealing with the paranormal and alternative subjects, but it is used mainly just for any kind of breaking news....

Would it be dumb to maybe have just one breaking news forum that deals with both alternative and general topics and use the other one for something else? That is what the BAN forum is being used as most of the time anyway.

That was something I thought about the other day, but did not bother to even mention because I figured not many people would go for such an idea.

I guess my point is that it would open up a forum for something new, such as the rumbling sound...Not that they can't just make a new one, but you know what I mean.

Throw it away if it is a dumb idea, but I figured maybe I would throw it out as a mere thought.

Peace and love.
edit on 11-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hmmmm no word about it yet. I just u2u'ed another mod, as well as Skeptic Overlord about it....but nothing yet. Thanks for your input all...I think we need this, as it is getting very hard to keep up....more new ones today BTW!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Personally they just need more mods if you ask me.

Half those sound threads should have been deleted or combined with existing threads. People don't search AT ALL anymore, even some top members ignore search or any form of it. It's laziness so it looks like there are tons when they are just the same thing over and over again.

Why have a forum for every single thread someone is going to make on this sound, it's pretty much all the same so why waste an entire forum for something that compared to other things really isn't all that big.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yeah....I sent a message about so many threads, but no one deleted them or said anything, so I figured they should at least be all together.I have had mine for some time, and a few other members, and put a lot of work into it....then all these others pop up, starting to re-hash it all....and then new people ask all the questions already answered many many times....when all they had to do was go to one of the existing threads where it has been discussed in depth ( all the theories etc) New reports can still be added to the existing threads....but anyway, since there are just so many now, it's the only way that I can think of to keep it all in one place. I'm finding it hard to keep up now, and many of the new threads are just the same info and videos as in the long time threads.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
YES!!

PLEASE CAN WE HAVE A SEPERATE

FORUM

The amount of threads and duplication of information on this topic is lunacy.
If we had its own forum - at the very least duplicate type threads would be easier to spot and avoid, and we would also go a long way towards getting some semblance of centralised information on it...
I feel this is a gripping topic, with a lot of people keen to find out what this noise is that is heard around the globe...

Thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
As of right now, no new forum will be created.

However, you may visit THIS THREAD: Linking Thread for Strange Sound Phenomenon for a compilation list of the sky sounds threads....

edit on January 13th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hey Stealthy

Nice try anyway.
I have been totally intriuged by this
sound phenomina ever since I saw your
vid with the rooster crowing in the background

This subject is becomining increasingly popular
and I, for one, look for additional information every day.
Thank you for keeping it alive

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
For what it's worth, if anything, I was thinking this myself the other day. Regardless of the fact a lot of them probably have mundane explanations, it is a phenomenon in it's own right that has been around for decades. There seems to be a particularly high amount of interest in it recently so a 'Hum' forum might be nice at some point!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks GEL....but there are many new ones every day. It is getting to the point where it's just very frustrating. No one seems to use search, and it's just basically the same threads being started over and over, when they could have just contributed to the existing threads which have already addressed what they are saying. It's very frustrating to those of us who are seriously discussing it.
edit on 1/17/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yes! We need a new section about this! We did it for BP, so why not this?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Thanks Moss...that's a good point!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join