It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denying the truth...the first signs of ignorance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Have you ever posted a thread about the NWO or the chemicals in the food and water... and some dofus replies to your thread which contradicts everything that was written on it?...they make up the worst claims on how everything is okay and we're just a bunch of kooks.

No link is ever given by them, no sources no nothing...they just say stuff to debunk the truthers because they think that everything they say is true and what ever we say is BS and no matter how much evidence we give with legit links and articles they still reply and say

"I better just stick with the true evidence, conspiracies are not true"

BTW i am just giving an example of those people, it has happened to me several times last year.
edit on 11-1-2012 by CrazyRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I visit several other forums, forums such as gaming, sports, marijuana and some other random ones.

I have woke many people up on my ventures online.

The first barrier is getting them to read and believe something thats not from a mainstream media site.You have to keep drilling into them that that if this is classed as conspiracy, why would a mainstream media outlet run this story?

The only reason the alarm bell rings in their heads when hearing something which opposes main stream media, is because main stream media didn't tell them it - once they have passed this stupid conditioned paradox, thats when there minds are the most open.

I have people just stop posting when they post such things as "UFOs - people see what they want to see. Funnily enough its always conspiracy nuts that see UFO's." And i reply back: "

only conspiracy nuts see UFO's? Why do you think that? because you have done 0 research into the subject and laugh as the media laugh as they claim people are nutjobs?

Well i wouldnt consider pilot's, military personal, personal who head nuclear bases, government officials, police officers, nutjobs, or they wouldnt get the jobs, would they. you discredit everything i say and dont bring anything forward for evidence other than your own bias claims. Thats classed as ignorance.

You have to make them question what they are saying, as hard as it is - they do eventually question what they are saying and realize that most of the bias arguments they're upholding, hold no factual basis.

My fave topics are UFO's and NWO - there the two i feel i have allot of knowledge about. I also have allot of knowledge about true black history - not just the slave # which is chucked down our youths throat. True black history has to be another of my fave subject on boards who are ignorant, all the racist remarks and then after a few posts i can see them gradually understanding, researching and educating their self on the matter.

I think i'v been doing a good of waking people up on my travels through the interwebs. We can open allot of eyes going on different boards and spreading the truth. I was actually going to make a thread about such actions but im # at wording.

Peace, thanks for the thread x

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yes I know what you mean. I sometimes wonder what these people are doing here.This is a conspiracy theory web site after all. If I wanted all the "facts" I would go to the msm lol.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Education also makes you think that you cant believe anybody who isnt referenced in academic teachings. I have several friends in university at the moment, and they all tell me that they're not allowed to use people as sources/references who are deemed conspiracy theorist. What kind of example is that if their not allowed to think freely? They to go with the grain or they will fail. Our education board doesnt push for individualism or true knowledge - It educated you how to conform to society and not ask questions and build on what they have been taught.

Us free thinkers have allot of barriers to brake before we can get through to the common man. I think we're pretty lucky (or unlucky what ever way you look at it) to know such things. I have a deep passion about the things i know are true, which oppose what every other person has been lied to about which they think are true, but are not.

I dont even know if this thread was about any of what i posted, but you made this pop into my head so thanks for that. x

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

But what if my version of the truth makes you look ignorant to me?

We all walk our own paths. We just bump into each other from time to time.

Besides, if the only folk I talked to always agreed with me, life would be boring.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Looks like you haven't encountered these fools yet... can you believe one person actually said arsenic in apple juice is good for you? because of a corporate guy saying "it's safe for kids"

But when i tried to type in "Arsenic in appl" i got a search result like this "Arsenic in high doses in apple juice DANGER"

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
reply to post by TDawgRex

Looks like you haven't encountered these fools yet... can you believe one person actually said arsenic in apple juice is good for you? because of a corporate guy saying "it's safe for kids"

But when i tried to type in "Arsenic in appl" i got a search result like this "Arsenic in high doses in apple juice DANGER"

Gotta admit, that made me chuckle.

Yep, I run into people like that all the time, mostly I ignore them.

If they're my buds, I ask them what they've been smoking?

I have had some pretty fun debates, but when they border on out and out stupidity, I tell them I've got someplace else to be.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The problem is WHAT IS THE TRUTH ?
When it comes to UFO it's irrefutable they exist
But some topics there is evidence but not proof
Then some topics you or they simply belive you have the better evidence ( not proof )
Then others that person may genuinely know something we don't
But for a topic to be denounced as bogus, fake or high hippy talk just shows their lack of effective intelligence
Or their just a nob
Either of which you should try to educate but alas some nobs are just too big

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

I gotta say mate; I have a problem with the title of your thread.

Truth is, at least to some extent, like beauty, its in the eye of the beholder.

Now facts; are a different matter. Information inlfuences perception, Perception is one determinant of truth.

new topics

top topics

join