It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Lottery Scratchers = Gambling???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
CA Lottery

I guess you can say it’s gambling, but would it be considered illegal? I don’t know if this is a good thing, but what catches my attention is how much they seem similar to playing on a dollar slot machine in Las Vegas. If you notice the price per ticket range from:
$1
$2
$3
$5
$10
That is insane!

So if they are similar, in the near future we are going to see ticket price ranges from:
$20
$50
$100
?

I overheard my dad earlier today talking to my mom about a lottery ticket he got from the Liquor Store owner who saves the tickets in a box that are supposedly loser tickets, and he lets my dad get them for free, and it ended up being a $10 scratcher. My dad ended up doing the second-chance drawing on the website provided above, and he ended up winning $10. I saw it and it was those large tickets with a really big money prize, and that is what inspired me to write this thread.

I guess if the odds could be adjusted a little more fairly, could scratcher tickets become like the next slot machine, and would this be legal in all states?

I don't know if this should be posted somewhere else....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

California Lottery Scratchers = Gambling???
Spend $1, and you may win $2 or more. Or you may win $0. So um yeah, that's a gamble.

As far as being illegal: Gambling laws are State Laws, not Federal Laws.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I guess no one really meant where I was going with this...

California Lottery Scratchers = Gambling = Revenue

I was just pointing out if this was legal in all states if this could be a solution for the economy.

Ohhh well I guess this could go in the archives.

join