It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Dec 2011 unemployment rate just another statistical lie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The truth is out and those rosy unemployment numbers ... well aren't so rosy!

According to a report on USAwatchdog.com Greg Hunter quotes economist John Williams of Shadowstats.com

Economist John Williams of Shadowstats.com says the government reported more than 40,000 jobs that didn’t exist. In his latest report, Williams said, “The reported seasonally-adjusted 200,000 jobs surge in December 2011 payrolls included a false, seasonally-adjusted gain of roughly 42,000 in the “Couriers and Messengers” category.”

Hunter closes the article with,

The economy is clearly not headed for a real recovery, no matter how many positive reports are conjured up by the government. The government and the MSM can mask the decline, but they can’t stop it.

I sure wish they were wrong but I don't think so.

Williams uses the old formula to calculate unemployment and a host of other economic data versus the governments new formulas. Greg Hunter is a former MSM investigative reporter who is now an independent investigative reporter.
edit on 10-1-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes its a lie, they never count the people who have dropped off unemployment because they ran out, I know of at least 4 people in my circle of friends who have run out of unemployment and still can't find comparable work.

These are people with lrg mortgages who where laid of from very well paying jobs, Fast food jobs would mean they have lost everything and are back at square one, all of them are college grads who still have college debt to pay off and they are all in their late 20's.

join