It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Strange Phenomena in Knoxville Tennessee Right Now (teus,10-1-12 4am)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
You might not need to post a video.

Is this the phenomena you are experiencing?

www.liveleak.com...

How would you compare it to this?

I very much suspect the source of the rumbling in the Frorida vid to be a large cloacked ship, either man-made or alien.
The lightning (occuring all in all 3 times during the footage) can be explained as discharges between the ship and the cloud layer during the phases when the ship is moving. Lightning occures 2 times as the ship moves closer towards the house (rumbling gets louder) and one lightning at the end just as the ship starts to move away. Its like with thunderstorm lighning, where we have 2 differently charged cloud layers, one moving along the other layer resulting in a discharge between both clouds.

Ko3

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

You have a great imagination!
That is an eerie sound for sure! Like I keep saying....keep your camera close, you never know if you'll hear it again as common as it's becoming.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think the noise heard in parts of the Southern US are likely Nasa rocket tests. See the video:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
These threads regarding the strange sounds are facinating........BUT........There are just too many of them.
Right now I am following 3 of them and I know there are several more, but when you add them to the threads on other subjects that I am following, it just gets too confusing.
It would be great if this subject had it's own forum on ATS or maybe start a super thread like the one for Japan.

Maybe this belongs in the rant section?

Anyway having heard the "strange sound" myself, I would like to see this information in a more cohesive format.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

i agree! i really think this needs to be consolidated at the top of "fragile earth" ..... although i think many people probably think it would fit better in another category. maybe it needs a section all to itself since we don't really know the origin.

for all i know my 12 yr old is right and it really IS aliens (it's fracking IMO)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Good Gawd here is another one.
Strange Rumbling In The Sky In Southern New Jersey

Is this just because people are reporting it more or is it becoming alot more common?

I have requested that this topic have a dedicated forum. I'll let you know if I get a response.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa

Good Gawd here is another one.
Strange Rumbling In The Sky In Southern New Jersey

Is this just because people are reporting it more or is it becoming alot more common?

I have requested that this topic have a dedicated forum. I'll let you know if I get a response.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

i really did laugh out loud! i keep hoping to see a new interesting topic to read in the FE section but nope LOL! of course, i have to go read that new sky noise post now

edit to add i think it's a combination of people now paying attention and it's probably happening more and more.... and then there are those that likely aren't really hearing anything but just think they are because everyone else is.
edit on 12-1-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Ha

and then there are those that likely aren't really hearing anything but just think they are because everyone else is.

You may have a point there.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelMichael

NASA Shuttle tests in rural East Tennessee?

I will have to check into that. Never considered it a real possibility, considering most everything here is corn and hay fields...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SemiNoid

I know where Blountville is! Nice to hear from you. I don't know, for some reason I thought there would be a definitive source ideintified by this point. Seems there is, at best, speculation relating to the noise and a few good ideas of a source, but no real evidence.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hi OP,

Several years ago I lived in Straw Plains. About 10 miles east of Knoxville. Little did I know until a neighbor pointed out to me....there are zinc mines and quarry's all over the place East and Southeast of Knoxville.

Occasionally I would feel the rumbles and hear a few high pitch sounds. It was odd.

There are many quarry's that are located near where you live (Seymour). Shooks Gap is in your back yard. Here are the few I have referenced:

Knoxville Mines

Feature Name Latitude Longitude USGS 7.5' Map
Asbury Quarry 355752N 0834837W Shooks Gap
Atlas Quarry 355835N 0835208W Shooks Gap
Bond Quarry 355111N 0840341W Louisville
Cedar Bluff Quarry 355507N 0840200W Bearden
Concord Quarry 355131N 0840838W Concord
Gray Eagle Quarry 355747N 0834918W Shooks Gap
Gray Knox Quarry 355737N 0835006W Shooks Gap
Graystone Quarry 355843N 0835158W Shooks Gap
Holston Quarry 355916N 0835052W Shooks Gap
Jones Quarry 355253N 0835158W Shooks Gap
Kerns Quarry 355542N 0835334W Knoxville
Mascot Mine 360345N 0834456W Mascot
McMullen Quarry 355756N 0835308W Knoxville
Neubert Quarry 355251N 0835143W Shooks Gap
Neubert Quarry 355825N 0835227W Shooks Gap
South Knoxville Quarry 355705N 0835448W Knoxville
Tadpole Quarry 355736N 0835042W Shooks Gap
Thrashers Quarry 355252N 0835212W Shooks Gap
Victoria Quarry 355847N 0835152W Shooks Gap

Hope that helps with your mystery. Zinc mining seems to be the big thing there. They dig very deep and make long tunnels. I doubt any of the mining companies report collapses unless there is a loss of life.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Yes, I know where Straw Plains is, it isn't far!! John Sevier Highway has a limestone quarry on the banks of the French Broad River there - well not in Straw Plains, but you will know where I am talking about.

One thing that kinda bugs me about that possibility is that these quarries have been here for a long time and the sounds have not been. I guess the question would have to be ' 'What's changed?'

I remember going to a Dr.s office in/near Straw Plains... Dr. was named Jourdan... retired a few years ago and left some stuff to my sister who was a nurse for him... I did a little babysitting for ehr and she gave me some of the things he had left her....

about 30 mint condition comic books from the 40's-60's not the most valuable, but my favorite is the incredible hulk #107 Ten Rings/Mandarin....

sorry for the off topic, just been through Straw Plains for several reasons throughout my life, one was going and beating the pants off Gibbs High School in football - Kenny Chesney is a much better singer than football player, haha.

edit on 12-1-2012 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hey Guys,
I heard the same thing the night of the January 10th. I was outside about 8:30 at night and kept hearing a very low bass sound in the background of all the traffic sounds of Broadway. Since I live off Broadway I am used to hearing all the traffic of cars and semi-trucks running up and down all night. I thought it sounded like a train and kind of left at that and went back inside. At 9:30 or 10:00 I came back out and could still hear the odd sound. Also I could tell there was a slight vibration in the concrete of the porch. I know it was not a train since I live far away from any train tracks that might be in the vicinity. Then the thought came to mind that this might be the anomaly that I had seen often talked about on ATS and Youtube. If there had been less traffic noise I think it would have sounds a lot like this youtube Video. I did think about videoing it but I know my phone would just not pick out the sound from the road noise.

So I did hear it too and if was quite weird, would like to hear it again on a night with less traffic.

~Morpheus

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You forgot Immel mine... one of my favorite swimming locales

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

You forgot Immel mine... one of my favorite swimming locales

Sorry, I was working with the internet. There is nothing like swimming holes from quarries and such.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join