It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Strange Phenomena in Knoxville Tennessee Right Now (teus,10-1-12 4am)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dtrock78

not only that but with the amount of people it would require SOMEONE would spill the beans sooner or later.

as for fracking... the machines are above ground and really loud. i would imagine the sound would travel pretty far. to me it seems that this sound and shaking thing all began right around the time fracking started and with the daily expansion of sites (like the new gold rush) it makes sense that more and more people are reporting this. i'm leaning heavily toward fracking. i'm not 100% convinced but i don't think it's a space ship (my daughter swears that's what it is) and i don't think it's tunneling.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I haven't read through the entire thread since i'm at work, but last night, between 10pm-1am, I kept hearing a low rumbling sound, at some points so much I thought someone was trying to break into my home. My girlfriend, a roommate, and I moved into a large home in October and have experienced this before... We were all on edge anyway because there was an armed robbery on my road Monday night, but I cannot discount this as paranoia because my girlfriend 'heard' ( felt?) it as well. It felt like a diesel truck was parked outside the house with the engine running, I could feel it vibrating the house and almost feel it in my bones...it was so strong at one point my girlfriend and I got up to see if anyone was parked outside, of course there was no one there, but the rumbling sound persisted. It eventually drowned out some time around 1 am. I am located in Cookeville, TN.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If it sounds like a plane, then why shouldn't it be a plane?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Hmm, I don't recall saying this sounded like a plane. I may have agreed that the sounds persists like a jet might, but the sound also persists much longer and is a completely different frequency, I imagine somewhere around 16-20hz.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Tunnel Boring Machines perhaps? if the stories of all the underground bases and tunnels are true, then that might stay to reason that they are just passing under your neighborhood. just a thought.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Garmon

Thanks for the reply! I believe you are either the 2nd or 3rd member from the Middle Tennessee area who has reported similar incidents in the very recent past.

I must say, a couple days later and I still feel I have not gotten any closer to a real, credible answer that would explain all the different traits that are present with this noise

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by clutch36hp

Several members have thrown the idea of tunnel boring construction being the source of the noise.

Just a few posts back an ATS member made a decent point concerning some issues withe the fracking and tunnelling theories. I am not sure I can agree with their post 100% though. I can't be certain that there is not a tunnelling machine that is far advanced of what is utilyzed in private sector and even local government construction jobs.

I am sure if there is a will, then the government will create a way. It wouldn't take a lot of encouragement for them to develop technology to be used in such construction, if they really needed to build this type of structure.

Now, I don't neccassarily believe that tunnelling is the source, but I can not discount it completely either.
edit on 11-1-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov
If it sounds like a plane, then why shouldn't it be a plane?

Simply because the sound resembles aircraft noise doesn't mean it is aircraft noise. I live mere blocks from an airport, which I have lived both north and south of, and virtually equal distances from it on either side, for many, many years. I'm also not far from an AFB, and am directly under their flight path.
I've heard countless military craft, private craft, and commercial craft over the years every day, all day long, and even the helicopters don't come close enough to work as the sound originators. These sounds carry on far too long at a stretch, and I emphasize the length aspect. Unless people are getting buzzed by some hot new top secret test craft with a hover capability that doesn't coincide with any known existing craft on record, then I think the aircraft angle isn't one that works.
Just because the sound is traveling through the air doesn't mean it comes from a physical object doing the same.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Planes don't hover overhead for over two hours...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wow, I've been in Seymore, lived in Pigeon Forge a while. I don't doubt that you have lived there your whole life and would be accustomed to the normal sounds around you.

I am reimnded though of Immel Mine. We (like so many others in the area) have swam and dove into that wonderful flooded mine. While we were doing this, an active mine just over the ridge sounded like a bloody earthquake.

I guess my little trip down memory lane has a point: Maybe it is some mining in the area that you are hearing? Have you researched mining activity in the area?

edit on 11-1-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: more

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hello Again,

I have updated my map with the earlier wave from March 2011. A ATS user named Under Water created a map thread to put down all the sightings from March see thread here.
Here is the map he created I have taken the time to put most of his locations down in the updated map. All of his sightings are represented by Purple Placemarks. These also have interesting information included in them and you may want to take a look rather than read through the really long threads.

Here is the link to my Map, feel free to add any locations I missed

We could use some more around the world. Here is a quick screenshot.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Firstly, earthquakes are voilent illustrations of what happens in increments of thousandths of an inch constantly world wide......This slow slippage, may be caused by echoes of earthquakes (ie their fading shock waves)....
and itself may be the cause of earth movements far afield from the slippage site.....
The sounds could be the echoes of other earthquakes from far away as the shock waves distribute the force throughout the crust.

You're talking about tectonic drift. I'm no expert, but given the extremely slow nature of those movements (fractions of centimeters per year), and the non-violent nature of said movement, I'd have to say the probability of that being the cause of these noises is extremely low. I mean, it's possible, but not very much. Plus, not all of the rumblings heard in the sky are accompanied by tremors or vibrations from below.

Eaths star system has begun to enter a differently energized portion of space (think of it as an ion cloud....)

I think you must be talking about the coming transition of Sol system from the anomalous gas structure known as the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" to the larger surrounding structure known as the Local Bubble. It is true that these two environments have some large differences between them...the LIC is thin and wispy with only a fifth of the density of the Galactic Interstellar Medium, but even so it is twice as dense as the vacuous Local Bubble. And the LIC has an average temperature of 6,000 C, as compared to a toasty 1,000,000 C of the gas in the Local Bubble, which is so hot it emits x-rays and is probably a remnant of a supernova.
But while I admit that the conditions in the Local Bubble do not sound inviting, and astronomers are indeed saying we will soon transition from the LIC to the LB...it is important to keep in mind that astronomers think in terms of cosmic time spans. So when they say "soon," they mean within the next 10,000 to 50,000 years. And even if we were passing into the LB right now, the entire Sol system is sheltered in a bubble shield created by our sun's own solar winds called the Heliosphere.

The very sun itself is acting in an unfamiliar way these days...and not following the seemingly "eternal" patterns we had observed throughout scientific history.....

If you're talking about the Solar Cycle, which is the nominally 11-year sunspot cycle, it is true that recently there has been some unusual behavior during the minimums and maximums. But keep in mind that the Solar Cycle is just one component of Solar Variation, which is governed by many different factors, many of which--unlike the Solar Cycle--are aperiodic in nature, and therefore somewhat difficult to predict.
As for "eternal" patterns we have observed throughout scientific history, well, until the advent of orbital solar observatory satellites, most solar activity was "measured" using estimations and guesswork, and variations in solar radiance were for the most part too small to detect for earthbound instrumentation. So despite many thousands of years of squinting through watery eyes, we have only very recently reached a level where we can start making a list of all the stuff we still don't know...and we don't know anywhere near enough to point to any solar behavior and say, "This is abnormal."

Electric universe theory shows vast currents connecting us to other bodies in space as well as other galaxcies etc....

Gravitic universe theory also shows this. Not sure where you were trying to go with that except maybe to wave the EUT flag. Why you guys always hatin' on gravity? Think it sucks or something?

Anyway...my apologies to others in the thread for this series of off-topic mini-lectures. Now back to your regularly scheduled strange rumbling phenomena.
edit on 1/11/2012 by Tsurugi because: BBCode Fail

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thestinger

Hey Stinger,

Just letting you know that I've been adding incident markers to the map as I come across them. I've been using your color-code system, and including relevant details as well as a url source for each incident in the Descriptions.

I kinda think we should not limit the time span of the incidents...just use a differently shaped marker icon set for different defined periods of time so they are easily distinguishable. Just my two cents. But it's your map, so whatever you say, goes.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Hey,

I agree with you about the time span, which Is one reason I put the March Waves in. There are many different colored placemarkers and pins so if you have some from different time just use a different color. Perfectly fine. You could leave a comment on the Map description so we know what the color corresponds to, like a key. Thanks for your time and additions.

-Stinger

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just came across this:

www.costaricanewssite.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I live a couple o hours from you in Blountville, TN and have been hearing odd "booms". I know all the usual gun sounds, fireworks, planes etc...this is totally different...it's like the sound is coming from the air itself...I have heard it during day and night hours

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This isnt normally my thing but ive heard this a few times in Burton on Trent, UK. I came across this subject a couple of days ago and it got me quite scarred/curious as to what the sound is?

Today at 15.34 I felt a slight rumble and could hear the noise again, so I quickly grabbed my phone to capture the event. Apologies for poor sound (if it happens again ill use better camera) but hopefully you will hear the noise being reported around the world. My phone hasnt picked up the deeper humming sound that was also present unfortunatly.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Yes, the sound is just like when you yawn. that kinda muffled rumble. ive heard the same thing and i live neear shaw AFB, i hear jets all the time at all altitudes, ive lived here 12 and a half years, I pretty much tune them out, but i was walking my dog with my gf and heard that sound and it wasnt moving coming or going or getting louder it just rumbled consistently about 20sec then again later it was such a different noise then usual i actually jerked my head in the direction to look and as i listened all i could say was thats not a plane. thats not a jet i dont know wtf it was but almost kinda like a rocket but it couldnt have been cause the sound did not move, change pitch or volume it was the oddest thing.. sometimes i feel like some ships are here and cloaked.. this is all just a process to to usher in the truth, wierd sounds, lights in the skies, strange earthly and solar extremes.. somehing very neat is going to happen.

Once the Earth was Flat, you went too far, you fall off.. then acceptance of it being round and a whole new way thinking and interacting evolved, now the shape is going to change again.. there will be a aworldwide round of applause and everyone is going to laugh. patience, hang in there everyone.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Iris.edu is a good place to look for recent info. What is fascinating that harmonic frequency can be local and due to many causes, or they can be global. Though your comment can be repeated by thousands that have heard the earths same noises, most are at a frequency that can not be heard. However the recent earthquakes in Japan did produce some and if you search, you will find recordings of such findings. Let's hope yours was just a little bit of local ground settling. If your anywhere near some major bridges, there is also some harmonic sounds that can transmit throught the ground and be felt and or heard, though not all people are capable of doing so. It usually occurs when traffic reaches a peak in volume and speed. Godspeed.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
This is from last month in Tennessee....is this it? Very similar to what I have heard

This is exactly like the sound I was hearing some years back woke me up in the middle of the night. I thought an airplane was about to crash into my building. You could hear that noise on many night but not as loud. I used to imagine it was some engines steering earth and that earth was no longer a planet but a giant ship that we are traveling on. No not seriously, but the noises were real.

I'm in the very north of europe no fault lines here...i let it go but now I'm intrigued again. Oh also my neighbour also heard the noise once, he even ran out into the garden to try and find the source.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join