It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Sentences Iranian-U.S. spy to death

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Expect Iran to spout more rhetoric and arrest more "spies" as they claim U.S. interference in their upcoming parliament elections scheduled for March 2nd.

The truth is, there is so much infighting going on regarding this upcoming election, they can only distract from it by blaming the West.

Khamenei might have been behind Ahmadinejad during the 2009 presidential election, but now they're at war with each other! I bet I just read six headlines on Fars News warning about outside interference for this election. It's not the West that discouraging people from voting, it's all of the Iranians and "reformists" who are still boycotting the last presidential election.

Upcoming Security Challenges in Iran: Why the Concern Over the March Elections?

www.payvand.com...

So, when you see the word, "deviant" being used in this article. They're talking about Ahmadinejad and his inner circle of supporters.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Just another psyop to get the American people's blood boiling with hate in order to justify war with Iran. For the smart people out there, don't believe what you are hearing on MSM. It was most likely a CIA covert op.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
reply to post by subcsailor

Political bargaining power? Nah... remember America's official stance:

"We will not negotiate with terrorists..."

It wouldn't be the first time that America sat by and let it happen...

This is purely meant as a media spectacle to ramp-up the pressure for a war with Iran.

Here we go again...

And this time it won't just be a country filled with AK's and RPGs...

Sigh... time to move to Switzerland...

Iran is trying to ramp up pressure for a war against itself?

What is this, "The Mouse That Roared"?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

"Amir Mirza Hekmati was sentenced to death ... for cooperating with the hostile country"

Of course, making a person "disappear" without warning and locking them away indefinitely without charges and being tortured on a daily basis is much better. This guy appears to have at least had a trial.

Kangaroo courts don't count.

"Waging war on god"? Seriously? What do you shoot a deity with?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee

The world bank has killed more people than Iran....why not mention them while we are at it...

Because the thread is about Iran?

Do I get a prize for having the right answer?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
reply to post by beezzer

what....he was on vacation.....taking in the sites......O....k....

No.

He was on vacation visiting his grandmother.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia has been catching people with bibles...catching Jewish Rabbi's inside their country...and they chop their heads off in Chop Chop Square.

Yet it never makes the news.

Mexico's been more successful at killing Americans than Iran will ever be. Yet our media hides all the Americans that get killed by Mexico.

If you don't want to get killed in Iran, don't go on a "hiking" trip into their country. Mexico doesn't tolerate Americans sneaking into their country either. They kill us.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by beezzer

Killing just because someone believes differently has its origins with you and yours as well.

Despite Iran could have killed him in a desert without a trial , it wasn't done that way.

Exactly. That's the confirmation that he's NOT a spy. Come on, phantom - you know how that game is played as well as I do.

He's no more a spy than the hikers were.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
So having spent 10 years training to be a super-duper Zionist spy he enters Iran, is "immediately" detained thanks to the work of righteous Iran's mighty intelligence services and then he calmly confesses on camera to crimes that carry the death penalty. You can see the 10 years of preparation in this simply brilliant cover story:

"In this mission I was fooled by the CIA and although I had entered Iran with a mission to infiltrate in the Islamic Republic of Iran's intelligence systems and to turn into a new source for the CIA, I didn't want to hit a blow to Iran," Mirzayee Hekmati said.

english.farsnews.com...

Come onnnn

Yup. They sure don't train 'em like they used to.

Spycraft 101 for the 21st century:

Step One - Immediately upon crossing the border, throw your hands into the air, announce you are a spy, and surrender.

Step Two - There's no need for a Step Two. Step One simplifies the entire process of spying to a fine art.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah that's how it is done, alas the Iranians are just too good. Though at least CIA learned from the alleged time that they allegedly tried 'infiltrating' a few stereotypical skinny liberal types across the border in broad daylight. Apparently they weren't aware of the existence of Iranian border guards, who could tell that they were spies by the cloaks and daggers that they were carrying.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I can imagine an Iranian delivery person for Dominoes getting to a house after 33 minutes, not giving the pizza away for free and then being accused of being a CIA spy.

Or how about some guy who took your parking spot when you were running late to a beheading? - CIA spy.

How about the barber who didn't trim your sideburns evenly. - CIA spy.

Or how about an embassy official slipping microfilm. . . er, okay, bad example there.

But the rest are just plain silly.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Imo he makes the perfect CIA recruit with the perfect cover. Let's get real. Do you think he is more likely to say 'I was here visiting my grandmother' or 'I was sent here to spy' ? Answers on a post card please...
But really all this is irrelevant. That's right 'IRRELEVANT'.
The real issue is that this represents a significant ratcheting up of tensions. Spy or not, can the US just lay down and take it? And if Iran believes it has caught a real spy (or at the least believes it has got something to bargain with) are they just going to pass up the chance?
The belt has just been tightened one notch further.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hey that''s the name of the game, treason, you go against your government, you pay the price, there is much at stake here. If everyone thinks they can give up Top government secrets and just get slap on wrist, they have another think coming. Like when they chop off their head, good example for others with same ideal.

This is mostly greed,nothing more,it takes a true patroit to put his life on the line for just what is right and good. Not some silly crap about getting 72 virgins, that is sick stupid morons looking for self gratification, one track mind fing, fing,fing, a lot, praises Alla, what low minded fools. I compare this to a dog running around with his nose up as many dog arses as possible, this is the lowest, The only thing lower I could think of is to rape a woman then shoot her in the he head, all done. Are what else shows such high intelligence is when the Islam they would rape the US airmen, man ,woman no difference, and they say they have a God,his name is Satan.

I declare war on the entire world, any injustice I see I will step in to stop, regardless of consequences. I will fight for those that can not fight for their selves, I will not turn a my head and walk away. This is nothing new for me I have done it all my life, in the most part trying to do no harm. I raising the stakes now. For what the people of the US were meant to stand for, not the crack heads and gang bangers, the crooked politicians, big biz F the little guy.. Save the World and the children, before it's to late, over all the earth is scum, it's a dog eat dog world. Grown men in charge of our government, congress men with their sweet ittle pages, want to make sex with little boys and girls, just think of the one we don't know about. Most the laws passed are not what is right but how much money paid to get what they want. These people go to hell, the righteous are empowered by the One of much greater power than these evil ones. The World it self will not put up with this scum, If you look at the earth it is a dirty vile place where many would be afraid to walk do the street, I'm not taking about you rich bastards, that don't even know what the real world is about.

God bless the good Politicians f there is any.

The World is scum, look at it, who you know, who you Blow, Drugs, Sex, Money, Power, lies, all lies, and the sheeple follow, on the slaughter awaits.
edit on 10-1-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Considering that they had their top nuclear scientists, along with some of their family members, gunned down by Mossad agents in 2011, I think it is safe to say that Iran is infested with agents pushing for US/Isreali agenda. To me it makes perfect sense if they capture agents everyday, as the war on Iran has already begun, it's just not the traditional one you bloodthirsty americanos want to see.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yeah lets not jump our guns on this, Iran claims everyone walking there borders, or is an american a "spy". Its more likely that Iran is really paranoid, with good reason. The US has engaged in an awful lot of espionage with Iran. That being said, there is to much BS floating around the news agencys, govt agencys etc. You never know what the real story is especially when both side like telling more stories than walt disney!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by setsero

So true if covert ops was classified as open warfare the US would be fighting the WORLD! No one gets a get out of jail free card!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just seen on CNN an interview with the man's attorney. Thankfully he's done some successful work in the past, not long ago he secured the release of another American/Iranian man being held captive after 3 different trips, 300 emails, and a few years of being patient. He says the key to releasing this man is keeping it a humanitarian issue and to keep the diplomatic problems aside, so for the sake of his family and the family of my friend's I pray this works out.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I really like how all the turds dance with all the anti iran propaganda going on. The effort to demonize iran in order to justify war with them is going full steam ahead.

I do not know if this man is a spy or not. The charges could have been fabricated just like our government has fabricated that all those who are in guantamano are terrorists.

The only thing I have to give to iran regardless if the system maybe stacked against foreigners(which is no different than our country.. look at guatanamo) is that they at least give the suspect their day in court.. even if it is a formality at least they give that respect.

Here they just hold you and hold and torture you till you die or who knows..

Both sides are extremely screwed up but at least Iran attempts to show some order as messed up as it is.. here our government does whatever it wants and it can even name its citizens as terrorist and it can shoot first and ask questions later.. at least this guy got a trial.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
No offense to OP, but the death sentence is an acceptable form of punishment around the world for anybody found to be a spy for another nation...

To say this spy is a victim of "Islam" is to ignore the entire history of espionage...

If the US found a spy for a foreign government they would be killed....no questions....

Iran should have no reason to act different when finding a US spy in their midst...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienStalker

So how many of the 10 Russian spies were killed?I did not know any were killed.
FBI: 10 Russian Spies Arrested in U.S.
www.cbsnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join