It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Sentences Iranian-U.S. spy to death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

what....he was on vacation.....taking in the sites......O....k....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Get over it already.

He spied in Iran, where it is illegal.

Death is appropriate.

Dont wanna die, don't break the rules, quite simple really.

I find it really pathetic that all the news stories being released in the MSM about Iran are ones that make them look bad.

Prediction:/- Earthquake + Tsunami to hit California = 9>0 or higher, then we will see a war in Iran.
While America is worrying about there own, that's when they will strike, with the cover of disaster.

Sources you say?

Well it's a prediction so its merely a far fetched guess, i have no news article or conspiracy to back this up.

Simply just a shot at predicting the future.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
reply to post by beezzer

what....he was on vacation.....taking in the sites......O....k....

Or visiting relatives.

He is half-Iranian.

Might as well call him an alien from the planet Spanky-Hampster! I mean, he's toast regardless.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Prediction:/- Earthquake + Tsunami to hit California = 9>0 or higher, then we will see a war in Iran. While America is worrying about there own, that's when they will strike, with the cover of disaster.

Whaaaaa???

I know you said its a prediction, but really mate.
How do you come to this conclusion? Are you saying Iran has the tech to make earthquakes happen???

vvv

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Prediction:/- Earthquake + Tsunami to hit California = 9>0 or higher, then we will see a war in Iran. While America is worrying about there own, that's when they will strike, with the cover of disaster.

Whaaaaa???

I know you said its a prediction, but really mate.
How do you come to this conclusion? Are you saying Iran has the tech to make earthquakes happen???

vvv

No, not at all - The Military does though.

Its alot easier these days to kill off a few million people then it is to try and control them.

I believe a major disaster will happen right before they decide to invade Iran/goto war with them.

California because the plates are already unstable + many people live in California.

This way while the world/America is in shock about the magnitude of life lost, USA will use this as an opportunity to go invade with little to no resistance form the American people or rest of the world.

It is only a prediction with absolutely no scientific evidence to back it up.

I believe if USA tried to start a war with another country they would risk a massive uprising like they have never seen before.

Disaster would divert peoples attention.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
He isn't going to Guantanamo bay then.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
He was a spy!

BUT - as a US citizen ....

AT LEAST IRAN GAVE HIM A TRIAL

UNLIKE THE U.S Govt assassinating a US citizen in Yemen.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

No, not at all - The Military does though.
reply to post by Edgecrusher26

I am sorry, but i cannot buy this.

Do you have evidence of this? Maybe some links as to where and when it has been used before?

vvv

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

No one, including myself is asking you to buy anything my friend.

Believe what you want.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Espionage is a crime under the legal code of many nations. A spy breaking the host country's laws may be deported, imprisoned, or even executed - especially in wartime, a summary execution may well be the penalty. A spy breaking his/her own country's laws can be imprisoned for espionage or/and treason, or even executed, as the Rosenbergs were.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
NY times

"The court found him Corrupt on Earth and Mohareb (waging war on God)."

:shk: Morons .... 'waging war on God' .... This is an excellent example of why secular laws are so important. Otherwise, extremist religious fanatics run things and suddenly the entire system is set back 1500 years.

So , another spy in Iran is captures and treated with Iran's internal Islamic laws.

So, Iran FAKES yet another spy situation .... no surprise there.

In other news .. Iran continues to conduct anti-American operations out of Latin America and is planning to launch a cyber war against the United States from there. More here

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Why is everyone assuming that he is a spy? Just because some idiot in Iran says so?

EXACTLY. Iran constantly makes up spy charges against anyone and everyone.
It's the fear game they play with the population. Straight out of the book 1984.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Why is everyone assuming that he is a spy?
Just because some idiot in Iran says so?

The guy could be just a poor innocent schmuck who posted on the wrong site, had an American flag (and was turned in) or bought McDonalds at the wrong time.
-sheesh-

They just want to kill someone.
Someone half American.

Bully-nation!

Or visiting relatives. He is half-Iranian. Might as well call him an alien from the planet Spanky-Hampster! I mean, he's toast regardless.

ABC News

Iran's judiciary said Hekmati admitted to having links with the CIA but denied any intention of harming Iran.

Hekmati, whose trial ended on January 2, was shown on Iranian state television in December saying he was a CIA operative sent to infiltrate the Iranian intelligence ministry.

It seems he was given a fair and reasonable trial according to Iran's legal system and has been found guilty as charged - then again, he has an opportunity to appeal to the supreme court... more than likely he will be used as a bargaining tool with the US to see who can pi$$ the furthest.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
He was a spy!

BUT - as a US citizen ....

AT LEAST IRAN GAVE HIM A TRIAL

UNLIKE THE U.S Govt assassinating a US citizen in Yemen.

Well said!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

So the Iranian judiciary stated that he stated that he had ties to the CIA.

Gimme a few days with someone in a locked room with a rubber hose and I'll make them claim that they are Dolly Freakin' Parton!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Perhaps

Gimme a few days with someone in a locked room with a rubber hose and I'll make them claim that they are Dolly Freakin' Parton!

.... yes. yes, yes and yes - that's all possible.

What strikes me as most unusual, is that he was arrested last month, and according to available reports, there hadn't been any diplomatic intervention from the US... nice way to deal with a wrongly accused ex-Marine if that were the case...??

The US government has demanded Hekmati's release, saying he has been "falsely" accused.

... pffft, is that the best that they could come up with??
edit on 9-1-2012 by Perhaps because: typo... again

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Perhaps

The photographic evidence in the video is overwhelming. He's a spy and will be executed as per Iranian law, get over it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by subcsailor
I think this is the way it will play out.

Iran thinks they won a victory. They will hold him and at just the right time to gain political favor with [insert name here] they will release him.

That's what I think too.

They know the western media is trying to demonize them and if they go ahead with the execution, the media here will absolutely love it.

I think they will release him as a sign of "goodwill" and to show the west how they are the "good guys".

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by football6
Just saw this story on yahoo.com, and wow, the comments section is blowing my mind. People want war now, they are calling for Iran's head. I guess the time is near.

Yes, the comments section there is truly frightening. It makes you feel like people are going to be rioting in the street if they don't get their war. Most of them couldn't care less about the reasons for it either.

Why is everyone assuming that he is a spy?
Just because some idiot in Iran says so?

I have little doubt as an American-Iranian and former marine he has been approached by the CIA. I know someone who was approached by ASIS just because they travel overseas as a commercial diver frequently.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
They know the western media is trying to demonize them and if they go ahead with the execution, the media here will absolutely love it.

Demonizing Iran is a daily event in every newspaper and newsreel. Iran is hardened to that, only this time it will provide the Western media will a real event for its spin. I'll be looking forward for the hanging video.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join