It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons the King James Bible is Superior to the "Originals"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I wanted to do a little something special to "honour" the 400th year birthday of the King James Bible in 2011.

The main reason the KJV is superior to the "originals" is the fact that:

1. God could care less about any "originals". Read Jeremiah 36 for a good example. God ADDED to His words as time moved one through out history until John wrote the last of God's "revelation" to the Earth. (Ps. God's Bible is not just for men, it is for the whole EARTH. Which includes plants, animals, waters, and the planet itself.)

2. The Originals were singular in prophetic nature and chronological timeline. With the KJV, you have the complete WORDS of God all complied into a Bible (library) for easy use. Example, Revelation would be almost impossible to understand without Daniel. Same for Song of Solomon and the Gospels.

3. The originals are in dead languages. Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek. Dead, dead, dead. Why do I consider these three languages dead? When is the last time you saw any instruction manuals with these languages on them? Or newspaper? Or Stock Market Exchanges? Exactly. Dead. English is not only alive, it the the WORLD language that all first, second, and third world nations on the planet are teaching their children as a mandatory second language. You think that was just a "coincidence" that God translated His words into English...then the ENGLISH language magically conquered the world?

4. The originals are gone. The KJV is here. Easy enough right?

5. The KJV is the only version of God's words that are laid out in a correct Biblical dispensation timeline format. (This may be way over the head of some, but I'm sure you will get some of this Laz)

---In the "originals" the Bible ends with 2 Chronicles. With the KJV, 2 Chronilces is only about half way through the Old Testament.

╟ The end of 2 Chronicles is 36:23 "...The LORD his God be with him, and let him go up."
╟ What follows the book of 2 Chronicles? Why Ezra and Nehemiah of course! Because you know what happens in them 2 books? The Jews return to their land, as commanded to in 2 Chron. 36:23. (Restoration)
╟ Now, what book comes after Ezra and Nehemiah? Esther!! You know happens in Esther? A KING, replaces His GENTILE bride, for a JEWISH one. Esther instead of Vashti. (God stops dealing with Gentiles and returns to His wife, Israel) After that, Haman, a type of the Anti-christ tries to kill all the Jews just like will happen during the tribulation!
╟ So what book naturally follows Esther? Why Job of course! What does Job show us in type? Why the JEWS going through the tribulation. Not only that, but at the end of Jobs trails, Job is restored fully! (Just as the Jews will be after they go through their trails in the tribulation).
╟ After Job? The Millennium as shown in Psalms chapter 2 as well as Proverbs, which as any Bible student knows, Solomon was a perfect type of Jesus Christ during his millennium reign.

This is how the Old Testament is laid out. But this is not the only example at all, not by far.
Take the New Testament for example:

╟ The four Gospels and Acts are a transitional period of time from the OT to the New Testament.
╟ Then you have the Apostle to the Gentile, Paul, and his 13 letter to Christians, showing the church age.
╟ Next you have Hebrews through Jude showing the transitional period from the Church age, back to God dealing with the Jews and into the tribulation. ↓↓↓↓↓
Luke 21:24 "...until the times of the gentiles be fulfilled" Also notices that Many of these books are talking directly to JEWS and not Christians to begin with!

---Hebrews 1:1 "1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers (Jews) by the prophets (JEWS),2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us (JEWS) by his Son..." Plus the name of the book itself is HEBREWS! so yeah.....
---James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. "
---1 Peter 1:1 "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the STRANGERS scattered throughout...."
These "strangers might be the people found in my other thread on
Hebrews and Muslims living Peacefully together in the Holy Bible!!!
Not sure though. However, I am sure Christians are not called Strangers in the New Testament.

╟ Then you have Revelation concluding the whole counsel of God for all races, planets, and Zodiac "houses" (another topic for later )

I'll post even more reasons later on, but its late and I am weary.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
oh come on! are you suggesting that God got it wrong?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The 400th birthday in 2011?
In 2012?

Sorry you were left off the list of partiers when the invitations went out last year.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The first 5 books of the bible, the Jewish Torah were handed to Moses from God himself. Everything after that is someones supposed accounts of something that happened. Old testament God is a God of war, an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. New testament God says turn the other cheek. If God changed his mind it only proves he made a mistake,, wait he's not perfect? I guess he didn't know satan was going to turn out to be a bad apple either. Guess God dont know everything. King James version the best, please. It's the most hacked up useless piece of crap that someone fabricated to control mass population. Do your history studies of where the Bible came from and go back to the Torah to find the truth. Ask any Jew to direct you to the truth instead of King James super edited toilet paper edition.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

OMG (the G stands for goodness)....Just stop...does it even matter
Besides, how could anyone rendition the Holy Bible itself if it's supposed to be the "Holy Bible"...and "The Truth"? I mean it's all Fluff~n~Stuff if you ask me (which you didn't) but I said it anyway. However, it's such a lost cause within lost and misconstrued words, it doesn't even make sense anymore...period! Sorry, been there done that and that's that!

The Bible, IMVHO, is nothing more than "possibly" a learning tool...a history book if you will. Why entertain a book re-written 400 years ago in the words of men that didn't even exist at the time of Christ (whoever that really was)...so silly. Makes no sense to me but, that's just my $0.02 opinion.

It all adds up to $0.00000 of a bunch of nothingness, it's just the way I see it personally

edit on 1/9/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gimpy327

Very wrong in one respect. Christ is the god of the Old Testament as well as the New Testament. Christ is a god of war. What you read in the New Testament is the "still, soft voice." He won't be still and soft when he returns.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
reply to post by gimpy327

Very wrong in one respect. Christ is the god of the Old Testament as well as the New Testament. Christ is a god of war. What you read in the New Testament is the "still, soft voice." He won't be still and soft when he returns.

Oh Boy.....
I would just like to see some proof that was left behind of said words written in this "book". Seriously
Do you believe everything ever written of the past by another human? Do you honestly take another human beings words as the truth? Your kind confuse me beyond belief. No insult intended...I just don't get the fanaticism!

Call me a lost soul or whatever....but have you (makes no difference to me) just questioned one subject that you read in this book and considered its plausibility? None of this "Biblical" talk ever adds up. Don't any of you religious people ever wonder or question any of the writings or findings? Ever?

EVER

edit on 1/9/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Do you honestly take another human beings word as the truth?

Yes there was one...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Yes there was one...

I do not intend to come across as condescending or disrespectful of another's religious orientation...but, I just don't understand how anyone can with complete certainty concur with a book written by another human being such as yourself or me. I just don't understand the allegiance

ETA:
Other than it being used as a point of reference of historic in nature, I can't go there with the religious believers. It's all too out of whack. And why would an organization such as the Catholic Church (which I grew up in) pick and choose what should and shouldn't be left out/in of this book for the rest of the world to learn from if it's so important. Seems hypocritical if you ask me....just saying.

BTW, Who was that one...Jesus? If your answer is yes, how do you account for the memories/tellings of Enoch?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Yes there was one...

I do not intend to come across as condescending or disrespectful of another's religious orientation...but, I just don't understand how anyone can with complete certainty concur with a book written by another human being such as yourself or me. I just don't understand the allegiance

ETA:
Other than it being used as a point of reference of historic in nature, I can't go there with the religious believers. It's all too out of whack. And why would your organization (Catholic Church) pick and choose what should and shouldn't be left out/in of this book for the rest of the world to learn from if it's so important. Seems hypocritical if you ask me....just saying.

I have no religious orientation.... and my only allegiance is with life...

One man spoke the truth, and it is undeniable... but there are many truths

You don't have to believe it either, some things remain true regardless of belief

edit on 9-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Yes there was one...

ETA:
Other than it being used as a point of reference of historic in nature, I can't go there with the religious believers. It's all too out of whack. And why would your organization (Catholic Church) pick and choose what should and shouldn't be left out/in of this book for the rest of the world to learn from if it's so important. Seems hypocritical if you ask me....just saying.

I have no religious orientation.... and my only allegiance is with life...

One man spoke the truth, and it is undeniable...

You don't have to believe it, but if you read it you would also agree

Thank you for a completely open minded answer. Since I have been re-reading the King James Version, I have found it most difficult to follow. Especially, when I came to the part in Genesis where G-- said "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel". I could go into other semantics about my question, but I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from (at least I hope you do).

That's just insanity to me...and then there are people who do not question why such a thing would ever occur.

I mean someone somewhere changed another's name (in a biblical format) and now it's the thing to follow....that's just crazy to me and others!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Do yourself a favor....

Skip straight to Matthew... and stop at the end of John....

Haha.... KJV is gonna be pissed!!

My bad...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Do yourself a favor....

Skip straight to Matthew... and stop at the end of John....

So you are not advocating that I not read everything in-between aye
Cause I gotta finish this book...it's an EPIC read!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I believe you heard what i said...

Its your choice...

Its an amazing read, but that is not the point of the bible...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I believe you heard what i said...

Its your choice...

Its an amazing read, but that is not the point of the bible...

Oh yes, I heard what you said loud and clear. However, with all due respect to you and your advice, I will read Matthew, but only when I arrive at that point so I may again reacquaint myself with the book in its entirety. No fun skip reading

I also believe the whole point...would be to read the Bible in its entirety from beginning to end if I choose to gather any understanding of its "possible" meanings. I just thought that since another chimed in I could ask questions to one who may be more "experienced" in the subject of theology.

Thank you for your input and advice

ETA:
BTW, If there's a point to this book the "Bible" other than historical in nature, there are millions of us who are obviously missing "the point". I guess sooner or later we will get it....or not

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Fair enough...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Fair enough...

May I mark you as a friend because I would like to ask you your opinions about the Bible in the future?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
OP, please accept my apology. I appreciate your thread dearly because it is something I am revisiting.

Thank You

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Fair enough...

May I mark you as a friend because I would like to ask you your opinions about the Bible in the future?

Of course my friend... ask away...

Though i believe i've hijacked this thread enough as it is... best not to do it here...

BTW ... KJV1611... i actually agree with you, for once...

King James Bible is my prefered bible as well...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
heres some food for thought:

the original KJV bible that was released had masonic symbols that was affluent throughout the entire book, which were taken off in the edited version after major protests by the masses.

King James and Sir Francis were masons....

my personal opinion: don't trust a bible named after a person...
edit on 9-1-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join