It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who actually makes the rules?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
If everyone behaved like a normal human, then there would be no need to have rules, With that said, why do we have a police state all over the globe, not to mention wars? Are most humans ignorant blood thirsty criminals? Or are we considerate creatures who have appathy for our fellow man? What is it? Do we have to execute our law makers & take charge? I honestly do not see a huge difference between when Julius Caesar was killed by his own senators and now....it doesn't seem like anything changed other than a government putting a puppet up there who is afraid to be killed. Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AnswerSeeker2012

I believe survival of the fittest answers that...

Normal humans lie cheat and steal to get what they want.... only recently have we " evolved" beyond such things for the most part... Just my 2 cents...

Oh.. and all land is owned by someone... and its not you

edit on 8-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Agreed, even if you flat out buy a piece of land in cold hard cash....you still do not own it. How sad is that?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

lot's of idea's....cancel fiat currency and see who's really prepared.then the rule would change.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

If you are politically active and living in a democratic country, then you should be taking some ownership over "making the rules".

If you feel helpless in regard to the legal process, then it is probably because you have let it get out of your hands.

It speaks of laziness.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Alluvial rights. It's not just for Royalty, but mainly.

ETA Otherwise you own the rights to a large, complex, non-transportable collection of bricks, mortar and other building materials...

edit on 8/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

TPTB will put into power whom they see fit. I am pretty sure that message got across all lines when they killed JFK in broad daylight in front of million of people in person & TV nearly 50 years ago.

With that said...50 years later, do you honestly think that President Obama was elected because he was a great leader? That man could not manage a McDonalds. In fact, he has never led anything...maybe other than a college newspaper.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Allow me to ask you guys this...

Would you chance your life long freedom, if it could make a positive change of those around you? I am sure most would not, which is why we are in the global stink we have ourselves in now. I personally, would do what has to be done.
For example...
2 months before Osama Bin Laden was supposedly killed, myself and 3 other co-workers watched the secret service practice their route every single day in NYC....we actually made jokes and called them "Men In Black". We all came to the conclusion that something BIG was going to happen, of course we thought another 911.

The morning that they announced that Osama Bin Laden was killed, we laughed...because it hit us that they had been preparing for Obama to go to ground zero for this event at least 2 months prior.

After the fact...my co-workers and I discussed video that we had taken over the previous 2 months, 2 of us stated that while filming with our cell phones, we were intimidated by the SS. I have footage of Obama going to ground zero, but that's it.

Another interesting factoid is, while waiting for Obama to drive past us at 767 3rd Ave. NYC, (you can see this building in the movie Bourne Ultimatum, BTW),. The cop at the barricade told us to scream USA, USA when the President came by. The lady in front of me said, "how about we yell, show us the picture, show us the picture", refering to Osama Bin Laden dead. The NYPD cop said, "I do not recommend that you say that".

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Any ideas?

Part of the problem is this guy:

I'm not being sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kovenov

Hahaha!!

He needs a crack pipe... and maybe a tatoo about Capitolism

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnswerSeeker2012
If everyone behaved like a normal human, then there would be no need to have rules

Incorrect, we'd still have rules but those rules would be few and everybody would agree with them.

With that said, why do we have a police state all over the globe, not to mention wars?

Fear!!!!

Any ideas?

Stop globalisation!!

Peace
edit on 8-1-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The funny thing about Good Idea Fairy Guy is that he's immune to everything except bad ideas.

Thanks for the comment & take it easy.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Those who control make the rules.

Control can be achieved by being acknowledged as being the owners, being capable of inflicting physical harm to those who oppose, through deceit, through voluntary acceptance of those controlled or being acknowleged as the wise.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't think that rules should not be as there are quite a few examples of reasons why they should exist, however:
    Chicken Maker=makes chicken until there is no chickens to make.
    Builder=builds until there is nothing more to build.
    Law Makers=Make Laws until there are no more laws to make.

join