It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Anti-Christ's Rise in April 2012? All the world is now a set stage for evil players.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The bible mentions that in "those days" there will be many Anti-Christs.

One of the Catholic church's very own, hundreds of years ago, predicted that the pope after this current one, will be the last... Perhaps the one that goes to the dark side?

In 1139, St Malachy had a vision and wrote down all of the popes (and anti popes) from his time to the very last pope. He describes this pope: "In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end."

There are those that would not give this any thought what so ever, yet, this person accuratly describes the next 112 popes. Though, it is never said that this pope will be the Anti-Christ. It simply states that the church itself will be no more and that this pope will be the last.

In conjunction with other prophecies, one may think that the Anti-Christ will be the last pope, or right after him. It never actually states that the Anti-Christ comes from the Catholic church. By the words I read here in relation to the last pope, I would think that the last pope tries his best to take care of his flock but in the end, the church is destroyed and the judgment then takes place. So could this very well be stating that as soon as this last pope is no more, judgement is called upon all living souls?!?

With so much happening around the world, it's very hard to imagine that the root of all evil will come out of the church. I cant say I feel one way or the other, because I do not know, personaly. From what I read all around the world these days, hints more at dominating countries being the cause for "the end" and not the church itself.

Examples:

China Warns US on Asia Millitary Stratagy
Over 3,000 Killed In South Sudan
7 Indonisian volcanoes in Level 3 Alert!
30 Statistics that show the middle class dying

The crazy thing is.. That's just TODAY's headlines. I dont think I have seen so much chaos all smashed up in one little time frame before. People, say what you will.. But this is NOT normal in our country, on our earth, to have so much going on in so little time... So many deaths... So much to worry about!

So now...

Yes... Only slightly older news..

9/25/11 - Pope May Resign In April

Talk about one heck of an april fools joke. 1000 years of peace! April Fools! We're going all out destruction today...

I will offer up a few more links in relation to Catholic related prophecies of the last days... Please keep in mind, everyone... Since these pages are not wiki fashion, they are full of the posters original opinion. All I ask is that we read the words of the person predicting, not the author of the story where the predicter is being quoted. Everywhere I have looked, all sites I have been to that hold the above prophecy all lay claim to the antichrist being the last pope, when no where in the list of popes does it say this. The only thing that "might" hint at the last popes nosferious ploy is simply the name.. Peter (as the first) the ROMAN. No where does it connect the last pope with the antichrist.

More On St Malachy's Prophecy

I will give a few more examples in the next post following this one.

Please.. Civil and Constructive responces.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Saint Hildegard (12th Century)
The time is coming when princes and peoples will reject the authority of the Pope. Some countries will prefer their own Church rulers to the Pope. The German Empire will be divided.

Before the comet comes, many nations, the good excepted, will be scourged by want and famine. The great nation in the ocean that is inhabited by people of different tribes and descent will be devastated by earthquake, storm, and tidal wave. It will be divided and, in great part, submerged. That nation will also have many misfortunes at sea and lose its colonies.

[After the] great Comet, the great nation will be devastated by earthquakes, storms, and great waves of water, causing much want and plagues. The ocean will also flood many other countries, so that all coastal cities will live in fear, with many destroyed.

All sea coast cities will be fearful, and many of them will be destroyed by tidal waves, and most living creatures will be killed, and even those who escape will die from a horrible disease. For in none of those cities does a person live according to the Laws of God.

A powerful wind will rise in the North, carrying heavy fog and the densest dust, and it will fill their throats and eyes so that they will cease their butchery and be stricken with a great fear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bishop Christianos Ageda (12th Century)
In the 20th century there will be wars and fury that will last a long time; whole provinces shall be emptied of their inhabitants, and kingdoms shall be thrown into confusion. In many places the land shall be left untilled, and there shall be great slaughters of the upper class. The right hand of the world shall fear the left, and the north shall prevail over the south.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abbot Werdin D'Orante (12th Century)
The great monarch and the great Pope will precede Antichrist. The nations will be at war for four years and a great part of the world will be destroyed. The Pope will go over the sea carrying the sign of Redemption on his forehead. The great Monarch will come to restore peace and the Pope will share in the victory.

John of Vitiguerro (13th Century)
The pope will change his residence and the Church will not be defended for twenty-five months or more because, during all that time there will be no Pope in Rome... After many tribulations, a Pope shall be elected out of those who survived the persecutions.

Johannes Friede (1204-1257)
When the great time will come, in which mankind will face its last, hard trial, it will be foreshadowed by striking changes in nature. The alteration between cold and heat will become more intensive, storms will have more catastrophic effects, earthquakes will destroy great regions, and the seas will overflow many lowlands. Not all of it will be the result of natural causes, but mankind will penetrate into the bowels of the earth and will reach into the clouds, gambling with its own existence. Before the powers of destruction will succeed in their design, the universe will be thrown into disorder, and the age of iron will plunge into nothingness.

When nights will be filled with more intensive cold and days with heat, a new life will begin in nature. The heat means radiation from the earth, the cold the waning light of the sun. Only a few years more and you will become aware that sunlight has grown perceptibly weaker. When even your artificial light will cease to give service, the great event in the heavens will be near.

St. Vincent Ferrer (14th Century)
In the days of peace that are to come after the desolation of revolutions and wars, before the end of the world, the Christians will become so lax in their religion that they will refuse to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation, saying, "It is an unnecessary Sacrament."

John of the Cleft Rock (14th Century)
Towards the end of the world, tyrants and hostile mobs will rob the Church and the clergy of all their possessions and will afflict and martyr them. Those who heap the most abuse upon them will be held in high esteem. At that time, the Pope with his cardinals will have to flee Rome in tragic circumstances to a place where they will be unknown. The Pope will die a cruel death in his exile. The sufferings of the Church will be much greater than at any previous time in her history. But God will raise a holy Pope, and the Angels will rejoice. Enlightened by God, this man will rebuild almost the whole world through his holiness. He will lead everyone to the true faith.

Maria Laach Monastery (16th Century)
The twentieth century will bring death and destruction, apostasy from the Church, discord in families, cities and governments; it will be the century of three great wars with intervals of a few decades. They will become ever more devastating and bloody and will lay in ruins not only Germany, but finally all countries of East and West. After a terrible defeat of Germany will follow the next great war. There will be no bread for people anymore and no fodder for animals. Poisonous clouds, manufactured by human hands, will sink down and exterminate everything. The human mind will be seized by insanity.

Venerable Bartholomew Holzhauser (17th Century)
The fifth period of the Church, which began circa 1520, will end with the arrival of the holy Pope and of the powerful Monarch who is called "Help From God" because he will restore everything. The fifth period is one of affliction, desolation, humiliation, and poverty for the Church. Jesus Christ will purify His people through cruel wars, famines, plagues, epidemics, and other horrible calamities. He will also afflict and weaken the Latin Church with many heresies. It is a period of defections, calamities and exterminations. Those Christians who survive the sword, plague and famines, will be few on earth.

During this period, many men will abuse of the freedom of conscience conceded to them. It is of such men that Jude the Apostle spoke when he said, "These men blaspheme whatever they do not understand; and they corrupt whatever they know naturally as irrational animals do." They will ridicule Christian simplicity; they will call it folly and nonsense, but they will have the highest regard for advanced knowledge, and for the skill by which the axioms of law, the precepts of morality, the Holy Canons and religious dogmas are clouded by senseless questions and elaborate arguments.

These are the evil times, a century full of dangers and calamities. Heresy is everywhere, and the followers of heresy are in power almost everywhere. but God will permit a great evil against His Church: Heretics and tyrants will come suddenly and unexpectedly; they will break into the Church. They will enter Italy and lay Rome waste; they will burn down churches and destroy everything.

Venerable Mary of Agreda (17th Century)
It was revealed to me that through the intercession of the Mother of God, all heresies will disappear. This victory over heresies has been reserved by Christ for His Blessed Mother... Before the Second Coming of Christ, Mary must, more than ever, shine in mercy, might and grace in order to bring unbelievers into the Catholic Faith.

Sister Marianne de Jesus Torres (17th Century)
The most Holy Trinity confirmed the desire of my Queen, assuring that God will bless all those who, by their support and help, contribute in the making of the Holy Statue, as well as all those who help spread this devotion (to Our Lady of Good Success) throughout the centuries, making known its origin and these apparitions in the 20th century. This will be a time of great corruption of customs. The sacred sacrament of Holy Orders will be ridiculed, oppressed and despised, for in doing this, one scorns and defiles the Church of God, and even God Himself, represented by His priests. The Demon will try to persecute the Ministers of the Lord in every possible way.

The Ecstatic of Tours (19th Century)
Before the war breaks out again, food will be scarce and expensive. There will be little work for the workers, and fathers will hear their children crying for food. There will be earthquakes and signs in the sun. Toward the end, darkness will cover the Earth. When everyone believes that peace is ensured, when everyone least expects it, the great happening will begin. Revolution will break out in Italy almost at the same time as in France. For some time the Church will be without a Pope.

Sister Mary of Jesus Crucified (19th Century)
All states will be shaken by war and civil conflict. During a darkness lasting three days the people given to evil ways will perish so that only one-fourth of mankind will survive. The clergy, too, will be greatly reduced in number, as most of them will die in defense of the faith of their country.

Pope Pius IX (1878)
Since the whole world is against God and His Church, it is evident that He has reserved the victory over His enemies to Himself. This will be more obvious when it is considered that the root of all our present evils is to be found in the fact that those with talents and vigor crave earthly pleasures, and not only desert God but repudiate Him altogether. Thus it appears they cannot be brought back in any other way except through an act that cannot be ascribed to any secondary agency, and thus all will be forced to look to the supernatural...

There will come a great wonder, which will fill the world with astonishment. This wonder will be preceded by the triumph of revolution. The church will suffer exceedingly. Her servants and her chieftain will be mocked, scourged, and martyred.

Edgar Cayce predicted that there will be one more pope after John Paul II who will serve a short term. Any way you look at it - the days of religious doctrine and control by church and state are comng to an end.

Nostradamus - Quatrains

Century 2, Quatrain 41
The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will cause two suns to appear:
The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff will change country.

edit on 7-1-2012 by theRhenn because: oops

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The pope isn't THE anti-christ.
There have been hundreds of popes.
There will be only one 'THE' anti-christ.

The anti-christ is to come out of nowhere and be instantly luv'd and adored by the people of the entire world. He will bamboozle nearly everyone. Think about it .. most Catholics don't even listen to the pope anymore. And most people of the world don't listen either. The pope doesn't fit 'THE' anti-christ bill.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with you on this. I think the church was supposed to go into perdition but the antichrist could very well be the next Prez of the US, Spain, France, the UN. It's all kind of up in the air.

I expect a serious charismatic person to jump on stage out of no where, instantly loved by all... all religions and people the same... He/she is the one that will fool everyone except the elect. From what I understand.. there arnt that many elect! Furthermore, the ones who are labled to be saved can probably fit in a small city. Imagine that, then imagine those that will NOT be.

Tallying up all of the churches in the world, of any one religion or all, the numbers dont compare. Either due to mass death, which I dont believe, because they are "tagged" before the mass killings, or alot of people are not following their god and very, very, very, very, very.... few will have the fortune to doing right or as close to it as possible.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

That's quiet a huge statement. If you think of all the differences between muslim, jew, christian, black, white, asian etc etc etc finding ONE charismatic person that wins majority of the world is a HUGGGGEEE ask.

How the hell could one person win over say hard line red neck Americans at the same time of winning over hard line fundamental Muslims??

This person i would actually like to meet!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hail satan

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Does the anti-christ have to be a charismatic person?

What if it was a computer that would store everybodies information. The financial banks of today collapse and this NWO database wipes everybodies existing bank debts clean and gives everyone 1 million credits of the 'One World Currency'. This will jump start the New World Economy.

Can you see very many people turning down the offer of 1 million electronic credits being uploaded to their 'mark-of-the-beast' gadget located in their right hand or forehead? I can't.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scaledown

That's quiet a huge statement. If you think of all the differences between muslim, jew, christian, black, white, asian etc etc etc finding ONE charismatic person that wins majority of the world is a HUGGGGEEE ask.

How the hell could one person win over say hard line red neck Americans at the same time of winning over hard line fundamental Muslims??

This person i would actually like to meet!

It is a big statement, but not one that I have made for myself, but pulling it out of revelations.

If this guy is the uniter of all religions, races and countries.. Then he would fit the bill. I couldnt imagine someone so charismatic, but then, it would take nothing less than someone like the dahli lama or some neutral religious/philisophical speaker that holds some sort of common theme to unite and get one over all the people of the world, or close.

(shrugs) As hard as it sounds, I believe it could happen. Or.. It could be "made" to happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

It has to be a living being.

I dunno if a computer could come as an angel of light.

Though, I'm sure he'll have many tools at his disposal!

Good question though.
edit on 7-1-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Does the anti-christ have to be a charismatic person?

Christ specifically speaks to the fact that it will be a man and that (nearly) everyone will believe and worship him.

Christ speaking - "I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive." (John 5:43)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
according to the prophecies:

1: A sign by God that precedes Judgement.

Two: Nothing goes right for the Pope(scandals,etc), invasion of Rome, great persecution against Christians, world at war, a time of Biblical proportioned disasters. The Pope dies a cruel death hiding in exile.

Two(b): Hitler-like "forerunner" with his persecutors VERSUS a Pope raised by God and martyrs to be. A Pope that practices the words of the Gospel in his daily actions but rejected by most of the world as Christ was rejected.

Third: All hope is believed to be lost. Then Act of God: the 3 days of darkness. By this act the persecution of the church practically ends overnight. From "all is lost" to "all is gained" in an instant. By this act and probably some others shortly before it, all survivors know God exists.

fourth: A great period of peace granted by God, lasting perhaps 20 or so years. Gospel is spread everywhere.

fifth: After 20 or more years of peace, mankind losses it's appetite for practicing God's teachings. Miracle working Antichrist is permitted on the scene. His arrival takes place in a world that knows full well by then that God exists, in a world fully instructed in the true teachings in the direct aftermath of God's power manifested. Antichrist probably takes credit for the period of peace. However his arrival disturbs the peace. God's Peace to the world ends, chastisement resumes. In my opinion, the Antichrist would say that for peace to return to the world the entire world cannot doubt his divinity(or something like that) People allow themselves to be seduced away from the teachings of Christ.

5(b): Antichrist and False Prophet VERSUS the Two Witnesses and the Followers of Christ. Each side will accuse the other side of being the spawn of Satan. Antichrist is loved by most of the world.

six: apocalypse.

seven: Return of Jesus in all power and glory, and the millennium of peace.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Why is it hard to imagine the root of all evil coming from religion? Denial of atrocities committed with their sources being religion?

Just look at the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition which apparently is still going today with the previous head of it being our current Pope, 9/11, the Nigerian church bombings, Palestine attacking Israel constantly and many more.

I'm also wondering, is this St Malachy "prediction" a possible reason why it seems we haven't had an Italian born Pope in a while and that nobody has taken the name Peter or its variations out of fear of this "prophecy"?

I could definitely imagine the Anti-Christ if such a thing were to exist coming out of religion and the supposed right hand of the AC being a Pope.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Why is it hard to imagine the root of all evil coming from religion? Denial of atrocities committed with their sources being religion?

Root of all evil?

How many murders or worse crimes in the United States over the last 50 years have been motivated by religious thinking. Probably less then half a percent.

The root of all evil is probably ego. The Gospel is about letting the ego go.

edit on 7-1-2012 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantomfire707

Root of all evil?

How many murders or worse crimes in the United States over the last 50 years have been motivated by religious thinking. Probably close to 0.001 percent.

The root of all evil is probably ego. The Gospel is about letting the ego go.

I was responding to the OP's claim but statistics for the US in the last 50 years do not equate to the history of the entire world over several millenia as much as Americans would love for the entire world and its history to revolve around them.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

While I don't believe that the computer will be the antichrist, I do tend to lean towards the possibility that someone with the ability to control our lives through our computers, and the Internet, very well could be the one that is.

Think about this, up until very recent times people turned to the Word of God for advice. Today, we turn to Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. These search engines have gone from being a internet based tool, to a way of life. There is not a day that goes by that I do not say, "Let me Google that."

Now, lets consider what is said about the antichrist in the Bible. Second Thessalonians 2:3-4 tells us how we will recognize the Antichrist: “Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.”

Considering the above, I must admit that at times I question whether my own faith is strong enough to reject what the antichrist will come forth with. If in fact the antichrist can come forth from the Internet...then count me in as one that has been deceived.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Who ever said that the anti christ would be a pope? If there is such a thing as an "anti christ" he wont be catholic and he wont be a pope. This antichrist is supposed to be a great leader of many and loved by many. The church looses power with each passing day. No pope is going to be a world leader loved by all. It is said that this is supposed to be the second to last pope. Not the last, not this one.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think its amazing people still look for the obvious...

don't you think Satan reads the same books we do? he knows what the Bible says
he's going to be tricky about it - and that could easily include MULTIPLE anti-christs, rather than just one

a group rather than an individual
a system, rather than a policy
etc, etc, etc

Seriously, just put your common sense to use for one second. If some charismatic person shows up on the scene that everyone instantly loves, wouldn't AT LEAST the people of ATS realize whats going on???

its too easy
just like the mark

its not going to be a mark (or an implant), its going to be something more clever
something you volunteer to have on your hand, like your mouse

But no one will ever agree with me, so I digress.

I just wanted to warn you from my point of view. It won't be one.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Just look at the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition which apparently is still going today with the previous head of it being our current Pope, 9/11, the Nigerian church bombings, Palestine attacking Israel constantly and many more.

I'm also wondering, is this St Malachy "prediction" a possible reason why it seems we haven't had an Italian born Pope in a while and that nobody has taken the name Peter or its variations out of fear of this "prophecy"?

I could definitely imagine the Anti-Christ if such a thing were to exist coming out of religion and the supposed right hand of the AC being a Pope.

I guess what I mean by that is... I find it hard to see someone comming from the catholic church to play "The" antichrist. There isnt a whole lot of trust in that church today, and so many people already fear exactly that. That's kind of the same as no italian pope because people will fear him. Yet, we're not supposed to fear this guy at all. We're supposed to worship him as though he was god. I dont see the world over doing that with any pope. As long as there are the 3 main Abrahamic religions are at odd with one another, I dont see the antichrist comming from either. At least not for all the world. One for each of their own religions, sure.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BentonBailey

While I don't believe that the computer will be the antichrist, I do tend to lean towards the possibility that someone with the ability to control our lives through our computers, and the Internet, very well could be the one that is.

Think about this, up until very recent times people turned to the Word of God for advice. Today, we turn to Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. These search engines have gone from being a internet based tool, to a way of life. There is not a day that goes by that I do not say, "Let me Google that."

Now, lets consider what is said about the antichrist in the Bible. Second Thessalonians 2:3-4 tells us how we will recognize the Antichrist: “Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.”

Considering the above, I must admit that at times I question whether my own faith is strong enough to reject what the antichrist will come forth with. If in fact the antichrist can come forth from the Internet...then count me in as one that has been deceived.

I hear you loud and clear. As with many MMORPGs I've played over the many many years.. I admit, I was sucked into computer land since the Commie 64 and before. When the net came about, BBSs were no longer my thing. I fell so hard, so fast and so deep that for someone outside looking in, they might have thought I worshiped a game and or the computer itself. It really made a mess of my life in the beginning untill I HAD to take control of me before this piece of wire and circuits took me all the way down. I'm fortunate to be alive and to have made it past such a desire. I might have met my dimise and ended up worse off.

It's very hard to figure out who this may be. As it goes though, I may just as well blindly follow... But if it's as it is writen... I cannot and will not follow a man who calls himself or puts himself above God. (ok.. the "put's himself above God" part is hard cause we do this now and its so common that we wouldnt recognise it if we seen it)

Great responce btw!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Who ever said that the anti christ would be a pope? If there is such a thing as an "anti christ" he wont be catholic and he wont be a pope. This antichrist is supposed to be a great leader of many and loved by many. The church looses power with each passing day. No pope is going to be a world leader loved by all. It is said that this is supposed to be the second to last pope. Not the last, not this one.

Its very common today for people to say that the next pope will be the antichrist.

Also... I might add... If you read just about any place that has this information, INCLUDING the links the information came from, wiki included, it is chalked up to the last pope being the antichrist.

Please re-read my OP. I did not say this was the last pope. THIS pope, it is said, will retire in a FEW MONTHS which means the LAST pope will be here, who MANY believe IS the antichrist.

...just in case you didnt want to go back and read my original post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join