It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

nice find it is certainly thought provoking , but i am also curious about the rock formation to the upper left of the picture , it looks like a kind of conical hexagon . i would love to hear some explanation as to what they think caused this .

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Interesting! We have to see more test's and investigation to come to the right answer. You would think there would have to be others in the same area (or even a partial heel print or occasional big toe) Then again all the "scholar respected" archaeologist's are on the bogus theory of evolution, and suppress this from us. In the 1860's in the gold area of california a giant skeleton of an ancient race was found. It was sent to U.C Berkeley anthropology dept.(last known location) & has never been seen again. It was a little over 1,000 ft. into the mountain. I read this in an old miners book that had every mine location & maps of the gold rush. I don't have the name, it was in my city library. (I havn't seen it since I checked it out over 2 years ago) I have not confirmed with U.C Berkeley if they ever received a "giant skeleton of an ancient race of people" as the book quoted. Just threw it out there if anyone wants to investigate the U.C Berkeley connection with giant skeletons. I do believe it very possible for giants to have been here millions of years ago. if everything was bigger (reptiles, insects, marine life, etc...) why wouldn't humans/nephilim/giants be bigger too. Cool find Hoax or Not. S & F

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

You may wish to reconsider your story the University of Berkeley was created in 1873 and the Department of Anthropology at the University of California, Berkeley was established on September 10, 1901

Try again on that story, lol
edit on 6/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Could it not simply be that the ancients in fact made an over-sized human statue as they did quite frequently back then and the foot of the statue rested in that place and the mould was created.. does it have to be an actual giant human's foot?

I think logic would tell us that human's don't grow to be that tall... and i think when the bible speaks of giants it is more to do with an allegory or metaphor regarding how great a man is in his abilities.. rather than his actual physical size...

Just my thoughts on the matter..

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by thepupils

You may wish to reconsider your story the University of Berkeley was created in 1873 and the Department of Anthropology at the University of California, Berkeley was established on September 10, 1901

Try again on that story, lol
edit on 6/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

I posted "The last KNOWN location of the giant skeleton" perhaps you miss understood.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
HOAX! That is the flattest foot ever. No dermal ridges. No arch. Not even the heel, which carries the most weight, is rounded out. It is as flat as a board. If a real foot made that, the foot wouldn't even be suitable for creating movement in a bi-ped. There isn't even any sign of toe curl, which would be evident in a "Walking" track.

My take is that someone intentionally carved this as a hoax, and not a very good one at that. Oh, and I should add, I have decades of experience in identifying tracks and direct tracking skills.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Well in Islam it's also said that there once were giants on Earth.

Says that in the Bible too...there have been giant skulls and other bones found as well!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's unlikely that a person that large would still have the same basic proportions as a regular sized human. We look the way we do because we carry around a certain mass and ambulate in a certain way. If you notice the feet of larger animals, they tend to have large, flat, nearly toeless feet (like an elephant or apatosaurus), or large raptor-like feet that can handle the increased weight without breaking. Most "giants" of the modern age, often caused by pituitary gland tumors, end up with horrible problems walking and usually require canes or other assistive devices to get around.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It was BIGFOOT

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
HOAX! That is the flattest foot ever. No dermal ridges. No arch. Not even the heel, which carries the most weight, is rounded out. It is as flat as a board. If a real foot made that, the foot wouldn't even be suitable for creating movement in a bi-ped. There isn't even any sign of toe curl, which would be evident in a "Walking" track.

My take is that someone intentionally carved this as a hoax, and not a very good one at that. Oh, and I should add, I have decades of experience in identifying tracks and direct tracking skills.

You are definitely on to something here!

Not only do they "pull a fast one" on everybody but look all that cash they're raking in!!! (coins)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this. That reminds me of something I heard about my very own area, here in Kentucky once. Supposedly, in my very own county, there is supposed to be a rock on top of a hill or small mountain that has a large footprint in it. One of my teachers told me this when I was in 7th grade, but I've never been able to find out exactly where it's supposed to be. She said that people have made plaster casts and studied it over the years, yet I can't find anyone else who seems to know about it. I would love to go check it out. Now that you've reminded me of this, I'm going to start asking around again and see if anyone knows its location.

Great post!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
"What's fascinating about this is, anybody that does a study of this will notice this piece sticking out, here. It's like when you put your foot it mud, and you pull it out. Your toes will lift up a little mud where your toes were. And that's exactly what seems to have happened here: this rough granite is just - psshh - pulled up, this overhang here. It's spectacular."

Granite is made from magma when it cools, not mud. Unless the "giant" was walking on molten rock as it was cooling (>1000 degrees C), barefoot, this isn't a real footprint.

SO, any suggestions as to WHY it is there oh keen one?
Lest we remain ignorant.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's been carved out... you can see the tailings falling out of the heal. I'm pretty sure that's not Granite either but hard to tell from the video.

Also, look at the surrounding rock; you'll notice that other indentations have weathered out smooth but the "footprint" looks rough around the edges as well as inside. The color is different inside the "footprint" as well. If the rock had been exposed for as long as it's thought, the weathering would match the surrounding rock....

edit on 6-1-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
An early version of a wanted poster by the cavemen police "Have you seen this foot" 200 Flints reward!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
It's been carved out... you can see the tailings falling out of the heal. I'm pretty sure that's not Granite either but hard to tell from the video.

Originally posted by kozmo

Agreed. I think I saw tool marks.
It looks like it could be granite to me. There are many types of granite.

edit on 6-1-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I wonder about this what was that other spot on the wall where it looks like someone made some kind of werid thing on it? and how did the foot print get on the side of the wall in a rock? was that person so heavy they put an indent in rock? this is werid. i have read alot about the giant's being discoverd in a cave in Nevada and I am intriged I believe there were giants a long time ago but, this foot print is werid and so huge. I don't think we have any dinosaur footprints in granite and they were very heavy and HUGE. This doesn't seem right. but, it is neat.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I love how when someone cant explain something it is automatically attributed to God. "The footprint of God".

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
any people could have carved this loool but is fascinating if its an real one

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ok maybe if there were a few more prints I would start to believe this. But one? A 4ft foot...LOL

Neat looking yes, if it is natural if not it was carved. Or partially carved as maybe the shape was already there. But without knowing the rocks properties and with just one...

Nope not buying that bridge not by a mile or...a four foot Foot in this instance.
edit on 6-1-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
This giant footprint is located in South Africa. The footprint size is around 4ft long. If it is a genuine footprint, the owner of that footprint is really huge. The footprint is believed to be 200 million to 3 billion years old.

I guess gigantopithecus had a big brother!!!!

-Christosterone

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join