It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A senior Iranian legislator : West's Double-Standard Attitude towards Terrorism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Democracy can only be practiced by superior beings

you are clearly not one of them

enjoy your nice refreshing 32oz cup of kool-aid

and have a nice day

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It is more my country than it is his as he gave up fighting

Please.

If you believe in democracy you should know that ignorant and informed , lazy and hard-worker have the right to put one vote into the voting box. So , we are equal on responsibility to our nation and our country , too.

And such patriot sentences are just going to fool other people , specially the ones who are not using their mind.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Oh but it's ok for Iran not to do anything about the Taliban/supporters on its eastern border o Afghanistan? I remember hearing about Iranian made munitions being found in Taliban caches near the border of Iran. If Iran was serious they would be conducting patrols on its border and eliminating the Taliban. Am I right?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

This is an old story for gluing Iran to Al-Qaeda and Taliban.

I have made a thread with helpful information about AQ and Iran :

ats thread

I haven't heard any thing about it.

Iran keeps on fighting narcotic and human trafficking on eastern border.

Iran is not a safe house for Taliban and Al-Qaeda.
edit on 7/1/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

It is more my country than it is his as he gave up fighting

Please.

If you believe in democracy you should know that ignorant and informed , lazy and hard-worker have the right to put one vote into the voting box. So , we are equal on responsibility to our nation and our country , too.

And such patriot sentences are just going to fool other people , specially the ones who are not using their mind.

I believe in democracy that is why I inform people as much as possible. You however, deflect critical questions that you cannot answer in an attempt to make Iran look like an angel amongst devils. I agree that everyone has a right to vote, but tell me, how can you call Iran democratic when religious indoctrination is the norm of the day? Self-evidently, the outcome of the votes will be swayed by this indoctrination offered by the Islamic regime. The same goes for corporate influences in America. How do you want a democracy without an informed populace? Or is it a Roman democracy you want so you can buy votes with "bread and games"?

Patriotic sentences? Ow please, tell me how many hard drug addicts Iran houses? Why are hard drugs cheaper than meat? Is there not one addict in every family? Why does the government or the "Supreme" leader do nothing to stop this except for fighting symptoms(executing drug dealers) after all parties have made their money? What the hell do these bearded men who pretend to run my country know about psychology?

I saw a video of a Mullah who had a rapping son...this rapping son wore a vest with the weed emblem on it. His father, the Mullah, did not know what the symbol was or meant, but it's fine because he's the son of a Mullah, the cops won't do anything to him. But what if it was not the son of someone in power?

How do the people of Iran let these backward people stay in power? It just boggles my mind because Iran has a history of over three to four thousand years old. These kind of tricksters have passed the nation more than once and they have been fought off more than once.

I understand the point that a power vacuum inside Iran would only benefit countries trying to pry into the place like vultures. But just letting religious people stay in power is detrimental and it is going to end up with Iran in the hands of the vultures eventually...so the point of the people not revolting is a dodgy one still.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Short answer ; yes , there are double standards in place but it is not exclusively practised by west alone . It is a human condition and it can be found everywhere on this planet .

As for Kurdish issue , a poster pointed out already . Kurds live in 4 countries , predominantly .

There are Iran , Iraq , Syria , Turkey .

Here is a suggestion to senior legislator ; How about getting together with the other 3 countries and honouring legacy of Salahaddin ?

Or better still , instead of trying to undo the past , why not actively invent the future ?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

but tell me, how can you call Iran democratic when religious indoctrination is the norm of the day?

Because majority of people have chosen Islam as their official religion.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

How can they have chosen their religion when religion is usually not chosen? Only in minorities are religions chosen. Even in the West people generally do not choose their religion, they are born into a religious family(mostly Christian) and in Iran they are born to a Muslim father. There is no choice in this I would say.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I keep hearing this word "Democracy" being brought up in this topic.

Umm... AMERICA IS NOT A DEMOCRACY. Please stop referring to it as such.

And yes, the Iranian government has done bad things to people. So has the American government. For every incident you point Iran to, I can point probably to 5+ things America has done. There is no "righteous" side here.

I've already been called a "liberal nut job" for saying this before but do we REALLY want another war? For what gain? Are we really going to send more of our sons and daughters to fight because Iran spouts religious rhetoric? I've heard that said here. Muslim talk is no different than Christian talk. Let's not forget we had a president who took his orders "directly from god".

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

And yes, the Iranian government has done bad things to people. So has the American government. For every incident you point Iran to, I can point probably to 5+ things America has done. There is no "righteous" side here.

At least you are free to criticize the government in the US, you have fast and unfiltered internet access, you do not have parts of your countries history blanked out, you do not have illegal poets and stories that could get you executed, the government does not tell your musicians what they can or cannot write about or speak about in interviews and last but so very very important; Church and government are split in the US.

There IS a righteous side.

I've already been called a "liberal nut job" for saying this before but do we REALLY want another war? For what gain? Are we really going to send more of our sons and daughters to fight because Iran spouts religious rhetoric? I've heard that said here. Muslim talk is no different than Christian talk. Let's not forget we had a president who took his orders "directly from god".

Iran must deal with its internal struggles first. Any foreign aggression will only serve to strengthen the hand of the religious authorities, who were beginning to lose so much ground...and then the wars around Iran happened.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
At least you are free to criticize the government in the US

Sure we can pass criticism against the American government. Then again most of the time we are thrown in jail. OWS tried to criticize the government. How many protesters were arrested again?

you have fast and unfiltered internet access

Not all of America has fast internet access. Here is a NYT graphic showing the coverage. And it is only unfiltered until the government decides to pass SOPA.

you do not have parts of your countries history blanked out,

We don't have part of our history blanked out? Perhaps. But we sure as hell don't tell the TRUTH regarding our history. Here is a funny article showing the "5 Most Ridiculous Lies you were taught in History Class". Our Department of Education may not outright blank out history, but it sure does cover it up.

you do not have illegal poets and stories that could get you executed

We don't have illegal poets or books that could get us executed. But we do, or did at one time have books that were banned. Here is a short list.

the government does not tell your musicians what they can or cannot write about or speak about in interviews

The government does indeed tell our musicians what they can and can not write about.

A Brief Timeline on Censored Music

Wikipedia: Censorship of Music

and last but so very very important; Church and government are split in the US.

Church and Government are on the outside "split" in the US. But under the very VERY thin veil they are one in the same.

George Bush: "God told me to end they tyranny in Iraq"

When Obama ran for office, it was a big deal if he was Christian or Muslim was it not? Do we not have "In God We Trust" on our currency? Doesn't the US Government have "religious advisers"? Religion plays a major roll in government. It's just not as "on the surface" as it is in Iran or other countries.

Iran must deal with its internal struggles first. Any foreign aggression will only serve to strengthen the hand of the religious authorities, who were beginning to lose so much ground...and then the wars around Iran happened.

Your absolutely right.

edit on 9-1-2012 by DerekJR321 because: fixing url format

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Sure we can pass criticism against the American government. Then again most of the time we are thrown in jail. OWS tried to criticize the government. How many protesters were arrested again?

You are completely ignorant. Someone can come online here or make a blog, posting their criticism against the government. You have Alex Jones figures who are as free as a bird. In Iran such a person would be executed nearly instantly. His family would undergo penalties beyond the loss of a family member. That does not happen in the US.

Not all of America has fast internet access. Here is a NYT graphic showing the coverage. And it is only unfiltered until the government decides to pass SOPA.

They have dial up and some have JUST gone past dial up in Iran - and that is for people who can AFFORD it. The reason SOPA can never hold is because the people and companies will protest it. In Iran the internet is ALREADY filtered, poems are illegal and so are certain interpretations of the Koran.

We don't have part of our history blanked out? Perhaps. But we sure as hell don't tell the TRUTH regarding our history. Here is a funny article showing the "5 Most Ridiculous Lies you were taught in History Class". Our Department of Education may not outright blank out history, but it sure does cover it up.

Question: Was the writer of the article who exposed these lies and cover ups arrested? Tortured? Executed? Did his family get threatened and slapped with a not-allowed-to-exit-the-country-stamp? Because that is what would happen in Iran.

We don't have illegal poets or books that could get us executed. But we do, or did at one time have books that were banned. Here is a short list.

There is a HUGE difference in between literary works that are banned, when you put links up that have :

Banning books isn't something that was done centuries or decades ago. It happens nearly every week somewhere in the United States. Often people take notice of banned books, protest, and the proscription is lifted. Sometimes nobody notices and the banned book stays lost to a school or country.

Then it goes on to say:

Censorship in the United States is an old pastime and new hobby of the feebleminded. In January 1997 a Minneapolis, Minnesota parent inspired an investigation of whether R.L. Stine's Goosebumps should be banned in the school library because it is too scary for children. Never mind that there are 180 million copies of Goosebumps in print --not a hard book for a child to obtain-- this library's nine copies might be dangerous.

So where is the religious authorities implementing a ban here? Oh there is none you say...well, in Iran it is ALL done by religious authorities. How backwards is that?

The government does indeed tell our musicians what they can and can not write about.

Does your government tell artists what they can and cannot discuss in interviews and if they do not comply they get sent to jail for some torture? No? Well, that is how it is in Iran.

When Obama ran for office, it was a big deal if he was Christian or Muslim was it not? Do we not have "In God We Trust" on our currency? Doesn't the US Government have "religious advisers"? Religion plays a major roll in government. It's just not as "on the surface" as it is in Iran or other countries.

Do you even know what is going on in Iran when you say "on the surface"? No way it plays even CLOSE to the same roll. The religious advisers in the US are self-explanatory, there are plenty of religious people and the government needs to know how to deal with these people. In Iran however, the Supreme Leader(who is not chosen by the people) dictates the religion(Islam) and everyone has to follow it. There are death penalties handed out because some Mullahs decide to interpret a verse in a specific way. I don't think the same goes for the US.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Ya' wanna' talk TERRORISM? Then look no further than the 'morals police' of Iran who go around beating women who dare to wear sandals with bare feet in them. Bare Naked Islam Best take care of the terrorists in your own country before you make up stories and run around pointing fingers are others.

Please, you are not fooling anyone with your "Iran is great mantra" and you know it. .

I'm thinking he's getting paid by his Iranian gov't handlers to post that crap here. Really.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Ya' wanna' talk TERRORISM? Then look no further than the 'morals police' of Iran who go around beating women who dare to wear sandals with bare feet in them.

Big deal that some muslims want their women to have their skin covered. Their Koran and our bible says women are supposed to obey their husbands/fathers.

There was a time in America when little girls and women had to obey their husbands or fathers.

Now your daughter can decide to wear a thong and nothing else to go down the street to buy booze at the 7-11.

I'd say the muslims still have a little self respect and honor left in them.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

What about the ME double standard on the value of life?

Human Rights much?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Big deal that some muslims want their women to have their skin covered.

'Their'?? STOP right there. You used ownership by men over women.

There is no honor in beating women simply because they wear sandals. Women who are abused because of Islam don't have 'self respect' .. they are treated in a sub-human and servile manner. Also - there is no honor in hanging boys or men in the town square simply because they are gay. There is no honor in having 'morals police' haul men off to jail because their beards aren't exactly the way the 'morals police' think they should be. Totalitarianism isn't 'self respect and honor' .. not at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Big deal that some muslims want their women to have their skin covered. Their Koran and our bible says women are supposed to obey their husbands/fathers.

Yeh because that turns out really well. 9.9 out of 10 Muslim girls I've encountered want out. And those that do not want out live with their parents at home and a mention of wanting to get out gets them yelled at, scolded and whatnot.

There was a time in America when little girls and women had to obey their husbands or fathers.

Don't patronize Iran. Without this whole Islamic regime I would wager Iran to be ahead of the US on human rights cases but alas, the Islamic barbarians set Iran back at least 30 years.

Now your daughter can decide to wear a thong and nothing else to go down the street to buy booze at the 7-11.

And in Iran women whore themselves out on Facebook if they are not sold at a young age to Arab countries such as Dubai, meat is more expensive than heroin and having a 600 year old poem in your possession means the death penalty.

No, that is their inability to cope with how fast the world changes so they stick to old paradigms instead of adjusting and creating new rules and laws. You are a romantic person so you see sticking to old paradigms as something respectful while a realist such as myself does not really care for anything other than the outcome. And the outcome with modern day technology together with 1400+ year old riddles...not good.

Not honorable in the LEAST. Not self-respectful in the LEAST. Because if I were a Muslim father sticking to these old rules and laws, I would not be able to offer my children what I would be able to offer them were I to refrain from old rules and laws. So it makes even smaller sense from an evolutionary point of view to cancel the world out because it doesn't agree with this book I have the hots for.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You just want to say division of religion and state ,

But I think other way. I think it is possible to have democratic-religious state.

And remember Shah wasn't loyal to Iranian people.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There are conflicts of Shiat and Sunni groups. But the real reason of division is Wahhabi which is funded and supported by Saudi Arabia.

And all extremist terrorist groups that I know , are Wahhabi.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join