It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird happening in my bathroom.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

It's a tempting idea though I'm worried of introducing something more sinister into my home.
I remembered something earlier. I know Ouijja boards are laughed at mostly, although they're seen as a toy more than anything, and there is some fear that comes with using them. I don't know why this slipped my mind, considering this concerns my other half, but when he was younger, about 14, he 'did' a Ouijja board in his house and the next day, a bus smashed through his garden and into the front room of his house. We live literally right round the corner from his old house now, and his parents have spoken to us about what happened that day. The bus driver fell asleep as it was coming down the hill, and veered off into their garden (from the left hand side into the right hand side). Maybe there has been something that has followed him more than anything, since he dabbled in things like that when he was younger.

Again, I know some people don't hold much stock in scary stories about those occult type of things, but it's always something to consider, whether we're sceptical or not. My mum always warned me off of them, she said something terrible happened when she was younger, though I have no idea what it was, she wouldn't tell me, and I don't know if that's because she didn't want me messing about or whether because something bad really did happen. And this is coming from a woman who has had more than her fair share of strange happenings in her life.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Mm I think that might be the wrong approach to be honest.
You can't muck about with the boards like you said, i've had a lot of sucess with a ouija in the past but would never dabble in my own home or without a sensitive, experienced person present.
I had the old flat cleansed (front room) after a strange feeling began to grow in there, which was apparently the result of a something negative happening there in the recent past which was scarring the atmosphere, not a death or anything just a very negative event relating to the occupants......dunno but it seemed to help.
What about asking questions and recording, see if theres any noise at all that should'nt be there

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Couple of questions.... YOu say you are the only one having experiences in the house, correct? Is anyone in the house experiencing nausea, dizziness or any abnormal physical effects when these sightings occur? If this is real you would seem to have a greater degree of spiritual pressure than your family which allows you to percieve things that they can't see. But if the entity is strong enough it would cause adverse physical effects to the other members of the household if this were the case.

On to your entity. Describe it in more detail and I should be able to identify it. Feel free to ad anything else happening around the house or to your family.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hello,

Thanks for posting the photo of your bathroom. It is helpful in deciphering what is going on in your place. I am a psychic empath, and I picked up on some paranormal strangeness from the picture. Since you have a small child living with you, the first thing I'd recommend is saying the St. Michael prayer out loud in every room that you are noticing activity. If you don't have it memorized, here it is:

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Divine Power of God,
cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen

If you have any unclean spirits hanging out in your place who mean you or your loved ones harm, this will protect you all. Also I feel like Buffy when I say this prayer, which is awesome.

Call a local paranormal group to see if they can find any evidence of activity after you do this. It was interesting to read a reply about the fey, I recently made a film about my experience at the 11th annual Human-Fairy Relations Congress, here is the link: www.youtube.com...

Good luck,

Hugs and Light,
demosure

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Oh I forgot to mention, Ouija Board is a bad idea. Please do not use it, and if you have one in the house, please get rid of it in a responsible eco-friendly way. You have a small child and the consequences could be disastrous. Horrible, horrible things, Ouija Boards.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I am the only one who see's anything and has seen anything in the homes we have lives in.
There have been no physical effects such as nausea, though in the past, presences were made known to me through a feeling of being gripped around usually the right wrist and held, not tightly, but enough to acknowledge.
I have not felt this in a long time. I have had many strange experiences, the strangest being able to recall events that happened to other people that I had not known or heard about, describing dreams had by others etc. This happened when I was about 16/17 years old, sitting in my living room with 4 other people (two male, two female) present. It hasn't happened since, but it was accurate to such a degree, everyone was crying (even the men) because I had terrified them.

The thing I saw was quite small. I feel as though I took it by surprise, from the way it suddenly moved. You know how sometimes you catch someone doing they shouldn't be, and they suddenly move and hide whatever it was they were doing? It was as though it had been caught, and so suddenly jumped into the bath. I perceived it to be of a dark blue in colour, and I recall noting an appendage coming from it, just one, though I can't be sure if it was a leg or an arm.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by demosure

Thank you for your reply. I have never used or owned a ouijja board. My partner sold the one he used years ago, before we met, the planchette was missing
I hope this hasn't bought misfortune on someone else

Thank you for your prayer too.
To some degree, I don't want to lose our visitor. I don't feel that there is a malevolent presence, I feel if anything, it may be curious since we have only lived here a few months, not even a year. We are a reasonably happy family, though if there is something grounded here in the home, I worry that the horrible neighbours we have may feed it with their negativity and shouting all the time.
Still it's better to be safe than sorry. Is there anything else I should do when saying the prayer? Or just read it aloud?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Cheezus i just got FREAKED OUT!

I was staring at the image to find something and all of a sudden that ATS "scorecard research" pop-up came up asking me to do a survey.....i jumped...
edit on 8-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
reply to post by DrJay1975

I am the only one who see's anything and has seen anything in the homes we have lives in.
There have been no physical effects such as nausea, though in the past, presences were made known to me through a feeling of being gripped around usually the right wrist and held, not tightly, but enough to acknowledge.
I have not felt this in a long time. I have had many strange experiences, the strangest being able to recall events that happened to other people that I had not known or heard about, describing dreams had by others etc. This happened when I was about 16/17 years old, sitting in my living room with 4 other people (two male, two female) present. It hasn't happened since, but it was accurate to such a degree, everyone was crying (even the men) because I had terrified them.

The thing I saw was quite small. I feel as though I took it by surprise, from the way it suddenly moved. You know how sometimes you catch someone doing they shouldn't be, and they suddenly move and hide whatever it was they were doing? It was as though it had been caught, and so suddenly jumped into the bath. I perceived it to be of a dark blue in colour, and I recall noting an appendage coming from it, just one, though I can't be sure if it was a leg or an arm.

I've encountered more entities than I can count in many different situations. I spend a lot of time on cases with what you'd consider sinister entities. Never have I encountered anything even remotely similar to what you describe. Not saying that I've seen everything there is to see but I'm typically able to sort out what it is through experience or research materials. I have nothing in either. So I'm of the opinion that it isn't paranormal. I'm not saying you have a mental illness but I think it could have been a hallucination or a several non paranormal things happening that caused you to see and hear what you claim. Bathroom mirrors, translucent shower curtains, colored towels, water, steam, change of the seasons, toys, even an electrical short making a spark.... I wouldn't give it a second thought unless it becomes a recurring theme. The folks suggesting prayer, paranormal crews, smudging... if you do have a greater degree of spiritual pressure than normal, these things will attract spirits to you even if they were ignoring you before. If you don't want to be bothered with these things ignore your gift, if you have one. It will wither and die and you can live your life like the masses.

Being as nobody in your household are experiencing any of the physical effects I described previously it would lead me to believe nothing of consequence, if anything is invading your home. In legitimate cases there are certain things that happen when an active entity with enough strength to manifest itself in the physical realm is effecting a home. And they aren't happening to you. So there, most likely isn't anything to worry about. There are exceptions to every rule, but I don't think this is one of the,

As far as being able to describe the dreams of others, I wouldn't concern yourself with it. I've had fraudulent psychics do the same thing. With surprising accuracy. It's nothing of consequence. As far as the feeling of being gripped around the wrist when a spirit is present, that's a new one to me. I've seen nausea, pressure on the chest, trouble breathing, nosebleeds, stomach cramps, seizures when confronted with a significant entity. On lesser ones, chills, hair on your neck standing up, goosebumps, sense of dread, etc.... Your particular set of circumstances falls outside the realm of anything I'm familiar with. The wrist thing I could understand on a specific entity but not with it being as a tell with all. You normally see that with child spirits or aggressive insistent spirits.

It doesn't sound like you want these experiences. Ignore them and ignore your gifts. If you see the blue thing again, let me know. \

Quick weird story... Had a client that was seeing carious red entities at seemingly random times. The different entities had no coherent pattern. She also didn't meet any of the criteria that I use when determining if there is an entity present. I had her keep a journal. Eventually we found out she only saw the red entities when she cooked cabbage. Colors are sensations. Colors are sensible irritants in the sense that they can arouse neural pathways that may become objects of a conciousizing process. Like some people can smell colors, that type of thing. Bottom line, ignore it and it will probably go away, paranormal or not. And I'm not dismissing it. Feel free to message me privately if you have any more issues with it or any other questions or need any other help.
edit on 9-1-2012 by DrJay1975 because: Clicked reply before I had written anything...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Alot of side effects of drugs taken cause hallucinations, and weird feelings.Antidepressants can cause this, maybe check out any drugs you are taking see if they have side effects like hallucinations? just a thought

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

I am not taking any medication, and haven't taken any for anything in years and years.
I have never had hallucinations (apart from once when I was about 11 and was delirious and thought I could see an Indian market outside my bedroom door... does that count? lol)

I don't particularly want to be rid of any visitors I might have, I imagine it to be the same as someone coming round uninvited and just ignoring them until they go away. Also I feel as though my sensitivity has waned over the years and I certainly wouldn't ever want to lose it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Thanks for the replies.

I am not taking any medication, and haven't taken any for anything in years and years.
I have never had hallucinations (apart from once when I was about 11 and was delirious and thought I could see an Indian market outside my bedroom door... does that count? lol)

I don't particularly want to be rid of any visitors I might have, I imagine it to be the same as someone coming round uninvited and just ignoring them until they go away. Also I feel as though my sensitivity has waned over the years and I certainly wouldn't ever want to lose it.

I think I'd step back and start to document what happens, when, and who was present. While there might be 'normal' explanations for some or all of it, the frequency of activity seems to point to more.

I'm not an expert, by any means. I am interested in this type of thing because of some experiences we had here that were paranormal. But I don't do investigations, like DrJay.

(By the way, the cabbage thing? That's synesthesia. Seeing sound, or smelling or tasting color. It's fascinating and often one of the traits of very creative people. I've known a couple in my time. Very cool!)

But back to your experiences. Who KNOWS what was in the bathroom. Do we know every single type of entity? Doubt it. But the reports of experiences do seem to often hold similarities. And the blue thing is a new one. However, the sighting of figures that you thought were your husband (bf? I forget which you said. Sorry) are pretty common. Seeing this figure, thinking it's someone you know, then having it disappear. I'd say this is not an uncommon thing. Happened here.

Just keep your eyes open and be aware.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join