It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird happening in my bathroom.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I live in an old Victorian house that has been converted into flats.

All the rooms are connected to the kitchen (apart from front door), so you'd go through the kitchen to get to the bedroom.
The bathroom door is always open when it's not occupied. I have a 3 year old son who sometimes forgets that he needs the toilet and then there is a desperate rush to get to the toilet before he has an accident, so it's kept open for that reason.

I was walking into the kitchen and the picture I have attached is the view from where I was standing into the bathroom.

Where the taps are, I saw a dark/blueish creature jump suddenly into the bath and HEARD it land. It was the kind of noise where you throw a flannel into the bath or something. Like a kind of "flump" noise lol.
There was nothing resting on or around the taps, not even the plug or chain.

I stood stock still and thought for a moment and decided that A: I had definitely seen something jump/fall suddenly as in surprise, and B: it would still be in there.
Upon looking there was nothing.
I checked in and around the bath and there was nothing dark or small (about the size of perhaps a balled up sock) anywhere to be found.
I definitely heard whatever it was LAND in the bath, I heard the contact it made and I saw it fall. But there was nothing there.

I do have neighbours but I don't hear anything from them very often and especially not in that part of the house, since the living areas are all on top of each other.

I should probably add that my son was in the living room at the time, which was behind me, and the room I had just come from.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Maybe it was a Rat and swiftly exited down your toilet probably the way it got in,then again i cant explain the bluish thing.yes most likely a rat i notice part of your toilet tank next to the taps the flump was probably it landing in the bog
edit on 6-1-2012 by TBR47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Oh wow!

I live in an old home that was converted as well. It definitely has something here and for me I like it but it's just me and I don't have kids. If I did I'd feel different.

Do you know the history of the place? Find out what you can, ask neighbors. I found a lot about my place via my neighbors.

I'm not sure what it could be. Have you had other experiences in the home? Ask your neighbors in a round about way if you dont want to be direct.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Perhaps, but the toilet is behind the bath (you can see the cistern in the picture) and it jumped from the taps INTO the bath, where there would have been no way for it to escape.
Also, my toilet lid and seat is always always always down.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It's always the bathroom
Can't we get any peace

Have you noticed anything else strange as of late?
edit on 6-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I see various things quite frequently, and I'm the only one that seems to see them.

A couple of months back, I was talking to my partner who was standing in the kitchen between the bedroom door and myself, and behind him I saw a light the colour of a tennis ball loop behind him and vanish. This was at night so it was dark in my room, and also I have no net curtains up in my bedroom so my curtains are usually closed (we have old sash windows which are very tall and we're not that well off, we just happened to have some curtains from our old lounge that fit the bedroom windows so you can imagine how long our living room windows now are.)

Other times I've been alone in the house and I have had to start closing my bedroom door when I'm alone at night and my son isn't here as the door starts creaking on its own. It only does it when I'm on my own.

The scariest thing was that I once saw a black mass on the kitchen floor through the window come up to the window and vanish. A similar thing happened with a reflective surface on my table. I thought the cat I had was moving about, but when I glanced down, there was something moving in the reflection of the table, coming closer, but it faces the door to our small hallway and there was no-one coming or going through that door.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I'm a huge enthusiast of Fey Lore and for some reason this post made me think of things this nature.

Maybe it's a little house imp or house gnome helping to clean the bathroom.
You never know?
Try looking up creatures and see if you find anything that matches what you saw.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Woah, there does seem to be some weird occurences happening. Have you considered getting your House checked out by some Paranormal groups? I would, very interesting indeed!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Interesting - though it could have been a mouse. Mice often come inside this time of year. I have had mouse problems in the past and ever since reading that a mouse can actually squeeze through a pencil sized gap, I have left the plug in the bath! Technically it should be impossible for a mouse to gain access that way from outside. That doesn't mean it isn't lurking there just under the plughole.
What time of day was it? If it was night it would be even more likely to have been a mouse.
But it could have been a frog even.
Do you have a cat? Cats can bring all sorts in (and they are not always dead).
I hear what you say about the colour but that could have been a misperception.
edit on 6-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
u might want to look op dop
dissapearing object phenomena

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Time to invest in a $50 EVP recorder and see what happens. Some of our best EVPs in this house came from when we left our recorder running all night on an old dresser that is just outside the bathroom door. We caught someone taking a shower ... and of course no one was taking a shower. Heard the water come on and everything .... but the shower was dry in the AM ....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

It might have been a species of Blue Frog ...

Some like the frog in the picture directly above are poisonous.

Dendrobates azureus (aka Blue Poison Dart Frog) [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: Using Occams razor I find that we don't need to invoke any Faeries [which I do believe in ok
]

Bathroom = nice cool wet/moist environment perfect for frogs.

Frog [which can look very gnome like] jumps off of the tap when spooked lands in bath and uses that momentum to jump again to an out of plain sight area and then hides.

I hope this possible explanantion helps.

edit on 6-1-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edted to fix spelling in wiki link.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
try waking up in the middle of the night to the shrill scream of a little girl! i live with my disabled room mate/land lord,he's an older gent and i'm pretty sure he can't get his voice that high! scares the hell outta me every time!
usually about 3 am.
my boys visit for the weekend every 2 weeks,but it never happens when they are here.
my youngest son (10) has seen a blue orb floating around and asked 'daddy whats that?' i seen it as well,and i just explained it was our house spirit,and it won't hurt us.
i also have 'thumping' in my basement,which is odd,because there is nothing that thumps down there!
as my grandmother used to tell me (rip) its not the dead you have to fear,its the living!!!
good story though,thanx!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you, for the effort you went to to reply.
I don't think this was a frog, and even if it had been, I would have been able to see it jump out again. I was standing right in the doorway. I've also checked behind the door, there is absolutely nowhere it could have gone.
Also, the frogs you showed are not native to the UK, and there would be no way for anything to get it. It's very puzzling.

On another note, I heard some weird pitter patter noises earlier and while typing this, I've just had a corner of the eye phenomenon of what looked like someone walking through the kitchen.
I'd pass the bathroom thing off as COTEP but I was looking right at it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Does your tub drain have a screen or grating, or is it open?

We've had similar occurences at my house that were overwhelming to our little one (8 years old girl). We sought guidance and were provided some measures to take that worked for a while to "clear" the area. happy to share if you PM me, rather than get into it here.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It has a grate I suppose, with small holes, probably about 4/5 mm in diameter. Please feel free to message me with your experience and story, I shall be interested to hear it.
I'm not particularly frightened of anything, unless I am alone when it happens. Then the imagination runs wild lol

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

God thats a wierd one. These things are frustrating coz you can't come up with an explenation that seems reasonable but at the same time makes you smile a bit just coz its wierd.
A few strange things have happened to me, mentioned some on here in other threads, always to me though because i'm open to it.
My boyfriend however could'nt care less about anything remotely paranormal, so never sees anything strange. Well since we moved in together about 10 months ago, he's seen two shadow figures, one last night while I was sitting right next to him and he even had time to point to it on the opposite wall and follow it for a few seconds with his finger before it disappeared but I missed it.
He was spooked, I could tell but would'nt talk about it. I think my paranormal tendencies may be rubbing off on him, lol.
Excellent use of the word flump btw.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Seen black masses all the time when I was young and now only when something has been brought into the house, that acts like a magnet to negative entities.

We spray holy water everywhere.

May be you should think of getting in an exorcist, We got one in, for a ghost, both me and my sister, saw when we were 12 and 11 yrs. She was a a ghost of the previous houseowner, who had died waiting for her boy to come and visit her.

peace

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

My partner is not very open to it either, and he never sees anything, and still hasn't to this day. There have been some experiences where I have had to ask him whether it was him I saw doing XYZ, and it always turned out that it wasn't.

In my old house I thought I saw him walk down the hall toward the door, I thought perhaps there was a paper or some letters lying on the mat... Until he came from the same direction I thought he'd just come from and into the room.
Another time I was in the bedroom and thought I saw him walk down the hall to the bathroom. I saw the light come on, and heard the pull go *thunk* was it was turned on, then saw it go off and waited for him to come back down the hall towards the bedroom. Only he didn't. He was in the living room watching TV.

Thinking about it, I'm wondering if some things may have followed us from one house to another.

I saw a black animal sized shape in the living room once as I was walking through the door. I screamed because it was unexpectedly right in my path and would have been under my feet, and I am now wondering if this was the same shape I've seen in the kitchen.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yeah quite possible, I have encountered shadow animals in the house and outdoors.
Think if that many things are going on at home i'd be tempted to try and make contact in some way, just to see if they are aware of you too

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join