It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mortal Kombat or Marvel vs Capcom 3

page: 1

join
share:
cj6

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ok me and my friend have been debating this question for awhile now and its time i got some outside opinions. Being a fan of both Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs Capcom 3 i can easily say the best fighter out right now is Mortal Kombat hands down! Yet he insists Marvel vs Capcom 3 is better. This may seem like a simple debate of opinions but seriously Mortal Kombat would own MvC3! Mortal Kombat is a lot more of a realistic, fun fighter than MvC3's inconsistent "button-mash and see what happens" type of gameplay. Sure some of the moves are cool and the animations and designs are pretty awesome but going up against MK theres just no competition. So i have to ask peoples opinions on this: If you could only play one fighting game and ONLY one, would you play Mortal Kombat or Marvel vs Crapcom 3?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Mortal Kombat hands down is better. When i play marvel vs capcom its a big button mashingfest with a light show that could give someone a seizure.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Can't believe you're making me pick dude! But if I absolutely had too? Mortal Kombat, I own both games and they're both fantastic, but I grew up with MK and you can't rip someone's head off in MVC3, so, Flawless Victory.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Mortal Kombat hands down

cj6

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Wow 3-0 already!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
Wow 3-0 already!

I hope your friend is watching, surely he knows it's time for you to 'FINISH HIM' now

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This shouldnt even be a question, Mortal Kombat hands down.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'll throw in my vote for Mortal Kombat.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

Are you kidding me...Marvel vs Capcom is not the most technical fighter out there but it would own mortal combat even in that department...Really I stopped playing the game, but you just need to play against some of the more nerdy players to see how much of it is not just a button mashing fiasco.

In-fact if you do one mistake against them they will straight up own you, thats how much of a random button masher the game is, your really need to know what your doing and have your timing down to a second. If anything I found mortal kombat to be way more of a silly button masher type game.

But to be fair I stopped playing mortal combat after like the 3rd game of the series on the old sega genesis.
So unless they did something altogether different which form the demos I played of some of the new mortal combats.

Then the answer is definitely Marvel vs Capcom 3. Its got the best of both world, just for fun hectic and flashy game play..And serious no scruples or your dead game play.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Dude, they totally rehashed Mortal Kombat, best out of the series the current version

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Mortal Kombat. I like Marvel vs. Capcom, but Scorpion > all.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Only one way to settle this whole thing.

They need to make a capcom vs mortal combat game.

If anybody seen some of the vids of the fan made match-ups on you-tube, they get pretty crazy in the combo department.

Just skip to the 3:40 min mark to were the fight starts between akuma and chameleon.

new topics

top topics

join