It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sept. 11 2004

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Megatokyo comic #168 (9/11/01)

September 11, 2001 - A Failure of Conscience.
Buildings can be rebuilt, no matter what the size.
The void in the sky is just not the absence of buildings,
but the loss of faith in the human conscience.

We hope that this too, can be rebuilt.

For those who would like a link to view the comic, it can be seen at www.megatokyo.com...

Let our thoughts and prayers be today with anyone who has lost a family member, friend or loved one in the attacks on America on 9/11/01.

May God Bless America.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 11-9-04 by prophetmike]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My 9-11 experience is beyond comprehension. I was there. I lived through it all. I am more than lucky to say I am alive today.
Glady so I am currently in the UNited States Air Force serving my country with the placid hope that something like 9-11 will never ever happen again. But the sad truth has time set in place that something like this WILL indeed happen yet again. Not only will I never forget, but I will constantly remind people that weren't there of my story, of my experience so America or even the world shall never ever become victimized like this again.

~ * ' E ' * ric ~ A.k.A. Airman Adamo ~

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
although I'm not American my thoughts are with those who fell on that sad day

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I hope its ok that I use one I made

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
9-11 Our Greatist day

I think 9/11/01 and the days following it were some of americas greatist day. Just look back and remember before Afganistan and Iraq. Before all these political fiascos that have taken place. We all need to remember the day after this tradgedy when america was UNITED

We had songwriters making songs. We had people accross america goin to NYC to help out. We had the people who could go help in person help in there community to indirectly help the vitims. Rember all teh blood that was givin in the days after 9-11? I remember it being one of biggest influx in blood donations to date. I remmber all the televison commercials jsut sayin they were sorry for teh lost. I remember opening up my local paper and finding a flag printed on a whole page in memory. Do you all remember all the flags that were sold those days after? The industry couldnt even produce enough flags for those who wanted to buy them.

I dont know anyone who died in 9-11. But i have seen here many of the ppl on ats has. I want to say to all their families and there friends that I remember their sacrifice (yes i think the civilians also sacrificed and GAVE their lives for us)

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I felt bad on 9/11 when everything was going down, but you know the best way to do this is to find the real killers... ala OJ Simpson case.. I think we should instead of letting these people goto waste and just remember them, we should avenge them and find out who/why they did what they did.

as far as we know we think what we are being told by our screwed up govmt that Bin Laden did it, but in reality there is more and more prrof that the US govmt was behind it. I have known this since the phone call on 9/11 by the guy in the plane saying there was an exsplosion and white smoke. from then it got me to more deeper things that i never thought i would ever in my life seen.

If they can lie about not shooting down a plane, what makes people think they will not lie about everything else.

We sit here and say lets remember but the real killers are still free, and I am not talking about Bin Laden or Saddam or some other terrorist organization. I belive we should find the truth cause I dont know about you guys but I think the whole exsplination (?sp) for 9/11 and everything that led up to it is a big far farce

I have been in this 9/11 uncoverup thing for the last month and some odd days, but always knew since 9/11 things werent right when they started putting things on the news that didnt make snese.

anyway this is what I think, I am sure many others will agree with me whether not on this board but in thier own minds. I hold nothing back... What I think is what I say and this is one of them cases.

A bit of knowledge for you people:
Zogby Poll stated that 49% of NY'ers believe the goverment had prior knowldge of 9/11
www.zogby.com...

On the eve of a Republican National Convention invoking 9/11 symbols, sound bytes and imagery, half (49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of New York citizens overall say that some of our leaders "knew in advance that attacks were planned on or around September 11, 2001, and that they consciously failed to act," according to the poll conducted by Zogby International. The poll of New York residents was conducted from Tuesday August 24 through Thursday August 26, 2004. Overall results have a margin of sampling error of +/-3.5.

so this should give you an idea, most of us freaks who think we are insane for thinking like this, half of NY City thinks the same way.

so I say we find the real killers.

[edit on 11-9-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Is this going to become a second rememberance day?

It's ok if it is, we should not only be thinking about those innocent souls who were murdered that day, but think about this day in a philosophical perspective...

Prophetmike make an excellent point on human conciousness...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ive been watchin mulitble news stations today (thei big ones not any local ones yet) And i have not seen one image from 9-11. No towers, no planes, no firemen, and no pentagon. They say that it is for the families whose love ones died. DOnt you all think it is a good thing to show them for the fact that we dont forget how terrible that day was. Its becomming like history of the old days. Its jsut words on a page. Im not advocating showing ever grusome detail, but i want to see soem pictures and video of that day. I mean i try to keep this even fresh in my mind for the fact i dont ever want to go thorugh it again but i know for myself i am becoming alil bit numb to the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
it was truly a sad day for those innocents to die in sept 11.

This is how the US payed for it's sins around the world, payed for with the blood of the innocents. Instead of showing anger at their govt, the US people protected them and embraced them. Emboldened the US govt will continue to commit sins around the world and there will undoubtedly be more sept. 11's in the US to come.

Let's also remember the thousands who have died all around the world by the hands of the government of the United States of America as well, by the hands of US intervention, bombing, embargoes, state sponsored terrorism and the corporations.

thanks,
drfunk

I mean really........You can go to hell. Innocent people should not have to pay with their lifes. The people in the towers did not do anything wrong. The firemen and police men did not deserve to die. The statement you made just shows your ignorance. Remeber those who have fallen.

[edit on 9/11/04 by jetsetter]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Ive been watchin mulitble news stations today (thei big ones not any local ones yet) And i have not seen one image from 9-11. No towers, no planes, no firemen, and no pentagon. They say that it is for the families whose love ones died. DOnt you all think it is a good thing to show them for the fact that we dont forget how terrible that day was. Its becomming like history of the old days. Its jsut words on a page. Im not advocating showing ever grusome detail, but i want to see soem pictures and video of that day. I mean i try to keep this even fresh in my mind for the fact i dont ever want to go thorugh it again but i know for myself i am becoming alil bit numb to the whole thing.

You missed CNN then from 8:50 until Rumsfeld started speaking a couple hours later. They were showing smoking buildings on the right with people running in the streets and crying, while mothers read names live on the left.

Then when Rummy started preaching about evil from Arlington (live on the left), they switched to a live shot of mourners at Ground Zero on the right...kind of looking like a supporting audience. It took me a minute to realize they were different scenes and the families weren't actually supporting Rummy and being forced to hear his speech on Bush's glorious efforts against random beheadings.

I didn't watch Fox or anything, but I saw plenty of carnage with my coffee this morning on CNN alone.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
9-11

May you rest in peace

May the bravery of the Men and Women never be forgot.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter

Originally posted by drfunk
it was truly a sad day for those innocents to die in sept 11.

This is how the US payed for it's sins around the world, payed for with the blood of the innocents. Instead of showing anger at their govt, the US people protected them and embraced them. Emboldened the US govt will continue to commit sins around the world and there will undoubtedly be more sept. 11's in the US to come.

Let's also remember the thousands who have died all around the world by the hands of the government of the United States of America as well, by the hands of US intervention, bombing, embargoes, state sponsored terrorism and the corporations.

thanks,
drfunk

I mean really........You can go to hell. Innocent people should not have to pay with their lifes. The people in the towers did not do anything wrong. The firemen and police men did not deserve to die. The statement you made just shows your ignorance. Remeber those who have fallen.

[edit on 9/11/04 by jetsetter]

While you're at it, please purchase one way tickets to hell for Republican pulpit politicans like Falwell and Robertson that likened 9/11 to a gift from God.

More well-known in this country were the dreadful words of Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, and not a few lesser-known preachers who asserted that September 11 was God's punishment for America's sins. Conveniently enough for many high-profile televangelists, the sins they believed God was targeting were the same ones they themselves had been condemning the loudest for years (homosexuality chief among them). Thus some preachers likewise looked at the 9/11 devastation and proclaimed, "So there!"

www.calvincrc.org...

It's still amazing to me how we've gone from what I saw at the time of 9/11 on AOL boards which was some cheering 3,000 less democrats, Jews and fags in the world to undoubtably some of those same people actually having a convention where they hate everyone in order to remind people in small towns to be scared the boogeyman is coming, like they did in NY.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
9/11 made me love life and people even more.

The biggest victims of that day were those who died with their life in shambles.

To me, remembering 9/11 is not about remembering a terrorist attack. Forget that. To me, it's about remembering lives that are gone, and our own lives. S**t happens. But that doesn't mean we should stop living.

I just hope the people who experienced that day learn to make the best of their lives all the time.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
While you're at it, please purchase one way tickets to hell for Republican pulpit politicans like Falwell and Robertson that likened 9/11 to a gift from God.

Hell ya! I'll even buy the tickets!! First class baby!! I hate that poeple like this are associated with my party.

It's still amazing to me how we've gone from what I saw at the time of 9/11 on AOL boards which was some cheering 3,000 less democrats, Jews and fags in the world to undoubtably some of those same people actually having a convention where they hate everyone in order to remind people in small towns to be scared the boogeyman is coming, like they did in NY.

And these people can join them, but they have to go Amtrak. And save a couple of cars on that train for the followers of the "US government is behind the attacks" folks too. Drfunk? ticket please.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
After 3 years, an old man with kidney failure can not be caught by the mighty americans...but they found Saddam out of a hole in the ground. What more to say.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the avatar QS, I kept seeing everyone with them and I did'nt know where they got 'em from.

Its been 3 years since the tragedy, may God bless the souls of those who died, and may God watch and aide the families of the deceased.

It'd also be nice if all of us at ATS managed to stop argueing with each other over politcal differances and remember what happened.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You have one more supporter aboard for this.

Rest in peace to the innocents who died in this war including the WTC and Iraqis and everybody.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by SiCkBoY
American scum

I don't know why the mods will let you say such things and punish me, if I tell you what you really are.

You've taken Sickboy's quote out of context.He is not saying that all Americans are scum.Just the ones who gave to Noraid and financially supported terrorism themselves.

I think we can all agree that anyone that helps to finance terrorism is scum.

That all said this thread was created to comemorate the events of 9/11.Out of respect let's all keep this thread for that purpose and not post off topic remarks.

thank you, as i have many friends and family in the USA

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
9/11 is today? Didn't know, didn't care.....

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thank you for the avatar

May those who perished rest in peace.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join