It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO vs. Police UFOs in U.K. December 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Greetings:

UFO vs. Police UFOs (Their title)

This is touted as a UFO sighting caught on camera as the police and emergency services
race towards an accident a few hundred feet ahead.

Apparently filmed in the United Kingdom in December of 2011, the object “fades into” the shot at about 17 on a good monitor. Perhaps this may have been filmed on a phone, as the resolution is of poor quality.

We respectfully post these screen caps in an attempt to assist in the investigation of this rather interesting event.

Our view at first blush: it could be real, but a hoaxer would have had ample time to create this. (Where is Pezza when we need him?) We are not making the call on this just yet, even though this video is on a suspect YouTube site, IMHO. The now infamous "Scotland Mountain Rescue UFO in the Snow" resides on this site also.

However, we do question the motive for adjusting the field-of-view of the camera to the left just prior to the object appearing, even though one might surmise the shooter was centering on the traffic beginning to move in front of him...one might.

Another question immediately coming to mind is why did they stop filming? It’s possible that they may not have seen the object when filming and the blur-move at the end is ceasing filming to get the vehicle ready to move in traffic and merely stopped shooting in a hurry...?

The consistent rotation and flight path seems to preclude this being a lighted Frisbee and doesn’t appear to be an RC craft - even a GeoBat. We're obtaining a couple of these for some tests and will post the results later this Spring. Check out the possibilities of this puppy.

Even giving the shooter the benefit of doubt, it could be CGI, even though in AstralVision, (thank you Steve Cole) we think we can see passengers in the (who else - Virgin Galactic) "spaceship."

What say you?

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

SuperSize

Thank you for your time and consideration... we want to learn...

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 4/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: video

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There are a number of things which seem a bit odd here:

1. Why did the person film 23 seconds worth of video only?
2. Why did they pan to the left just before the object appeared?
3. Why didn't they carry on filming and pan further to the left?

This video just seems very odd to me. If I was capturing 'the holy grail' in Ufology terms of a UFO or alien spacecraft I would carry on filming for as long as I could. Even if I couldn't carry on filming I would just take pictures.

Very strange.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
There's no solid object, it's just all lights, It's like the lights are just in a circular shape and that's it.

Maybe, there just orbs.

Even a Frisbee has a solid shape. Nothing is in the middle.

But, I don't think it's real.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Mmmm hard one? It appears the two cars in front seem to move, almost like sonthing was trying to get through, would this be the reason the camera moved slightly to the left? Like a police car pulling along side or something? As for the object/s ................Dunno?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Don't know about the video, but for why there's only 23 seconds maybe he just didn't have enough space for memory on his phone. It's happened to me when im trying to catch something important.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
There are a number of things which seem a bit odd here:

1. Why did the person film 23 seconds worth of video only?
2. Why did they pan to the left just before the object appeared?
3. Why didn't they carry on filming and pan further to the left?

This video just seems very odd to me. If I was capturing 'the holy grail' in Ufology terms of a UFO or alien spacecraft I would carry on filming for as long as I could. Even if I couldn't carry on filming I would just take pictures.

Very strange.

I don't think he noticed the UFO when he was filming being that he was preoccupied with the police and those pretty lights. He prolly noticed afterward when he reviewed the video.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It's a reflection off the rear light from the car in front, watch how the "UFO" moves in time with the car pulling away.

NEXT.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

All his actions are explainable, but I have a very hard time with him adjusting the camera to the left, as I dont see a reason. I can understand that it is only 23 seconds as he is in a stocking traffic and you would expect a lorry driver to be aware of that. But turning the cam to the left, then small bit readjusting to the right, is to say the least very odd. Plus it screams "CGI".

But I'm sure the real experts will arrive soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
It's a reflection off the rear light from the car in front, watch how the "UFO" moves in time with the car pulling away.

NEXT.

I dont see that. Where is the source of that light and why is it then rotating? Looks more like CGI, imo.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by StringTh

Well, I'm sorry you can't see that, because that is what it is.

He notices the traffic is about to move, he turns the camera to press the off switch as he is starting to put it down to move his vehicle.

The centre light of the vehicle in front is reflecting without glare and although I can't explain he rotation, I am sure someone can, probably something to do with the car turning. But either way, the "UFO" is moving to the left in perfect sync to the vehicle in front turning right, and is the same shape as the light.

Use your brains, not your imagination.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Yeah, I beg to differ.

I don't see that either and even if there was a car going around on some ramp, it wouldn't be going that fast, to even make the lights look like that-it would be out sync.And no way the brake lights would even make that lens flare reflection, that fast. Unless their going in circles at 100MPH.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well that's fine, if you people want to believe that every reflection, bug, bird, cloud, plane, speck of dust on the lense is a UFO, even after someone has pointed out the obvious, then that is fine.

Live your life in ignorance.

Goodbye.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The fact they only shoot a few seconds of it, dont bother to follow it or even say a word = fake

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Sorry, but this is 100% CGI.

Whilst the lights do appear to follow the the motion of the car in front, I think that's just a coincidence.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Holy jeez I'm an amateur here and it's pretty obvious , it's the rear view mirror he's filming !

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
Holy jeez I'm an amateur here and it's pretty obvious , it's the rear view mirror he's filming !

No it's not!

Look again... (hint - where the big red arrow points to)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Did stabilize the video to demonstrate oddness. The 'ufo' isn't moving correctly with the original plate/footage.

Tried to make the video amusing enough to watch without poking eyes out; is all tongue in cheek and was a bit lazy with workflow. May need to watch more than once to get it ... there's other things with it, too. Oh well.

Ummm ... Enjoy.

www....(nolink)/?ai22z1voy986gfd
edit on 5-1-2012 by Pinke because: Other things with it

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004

Greetings:

Holy jeez - you're right.

You are the amateur here... just kidding... that was too easy...

The object appears to the left of the rear view mirror and yes, we too, were first
distracted by the images in the mirror.

Thank you for your time, consideration and participation and we look forward to further communication.

Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
Did stabilize the video to demonstrate oddness. The 'ufo' isn't moving correctly with the original plate/footage.

Tried to make the video amusing enough to watch without poking eyes out; is all tongue in cheek and was a bit lazy with workflow. May need to watch more than once to get it ... there's other things with it, too. Oh well.

Ummm ... Enjoy.

www....(nolink)/?ai22z1voy986gfd
edit on 5-1-2012 by Pinke because: Other things with it

Greetings:

Not sure exactly what you're driving at here.

Could you please help out a novice and explain why you contend fakery?

Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds
Could you please help out a novice and explain why you contend fakery?

I stabilized the footage ie removed camera shake.

When a CGI or special effects model needs to be placed into a live action sequence a process called 'match moving' is required. Match moving is the process of matching the movement of a CG (or effects) element to a piece of footage. This is because the original camera movement is obviously not connected to the CG element.

If you look at the movement of the UFO in the stabilized footage, it's pretty clear its movements are trembling and eratic regardless of the camera movement. This is trade mark of poor match moving and/or anim technique. It can also be evidence of a person mixing two pieces of footage together with the wrong frame rates, which is quite common mistake for amateur comp artists.

There are other items I believe are suspect with this also, but it would take quite a long time to go through them all, and some of them could get quite indepth to explain even for simple concepts. I don't believe it's worth the effort for this particular video.

You're welcome to disagree with me. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer to the best of my ability but there's no substitute for experiencing it yourself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join