It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaths From Terrorism Compared To Other Things

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
In this Infowars clip, Alex Jones compares the annual deaths caused by terrorism to those caused by other things. It starts at 2:25 if you don't watch to watch the beginning. This really puts things in perspective, and highlights how insane it is that our Bill of Rights is literally being destroyed in the name of protecting us from something that we have a 1 in 3,500,000 chance of dying from..

Here are the chances of a few things killing you in the US compared:

Terrorism ------------------------ 1 in 3,500,000
Tobacco ------------------------- 1 in 726
All Accidents ------------------- 1 in 2,500
Alcohol --------------------------- 1 in 2827
Cancer ---------------------------- 1 in 540

edit on 3-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If that's the ratio then you are more likely to die of being struck by lightning.

Lightning................ 1 in 280,000

www.stumblerz.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Well luckily I've known for quite a while who the real terrorists are!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotApplicable
If that's the ratio then you are more likely to die of being struck by lightning.

www.stumblerz.com...

So do I have a better chance at winning the lotto than I do being killed by terrorism?

If you compare terrorist causalities to the civilian causalities caused by the US military I betcha the US military has higher numbers.

Casualties of the Iraq War

Casualties of the conflict in Iraq since 2003 (beginning with the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and continuing with the ensuing occupation of Iraq coalition presence, as well as the activities of the various armed groups operating in the country) have come in many forms, and the accuracy of the information available on different types of Iraq War casualties varies greatly. The table below summarizes some of the Iraqi casualty figures.

www.iraqbodycount.org...

Documented civilian deaths from violence 104,547 - 114,213

2011: 4,088 civilians killed

edit on 4-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by NotApplicable

www.stumblerz.com...

So do I have a better chance at winning the lotto than I do being killed by terrorism?

If you compare terrorist causalities to the civilian causalities caused by the US military I betcha the US military has higher numbers.

Casualties of the Iraq War

Casualties of the conflict in Iraq since 2003 (beginning with the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and continuing with the ensuing occupation of Iraq coalition presence, as well as the activities of the various armed groups operating in the country) have come in many forms, and the accuracy of the information available on different types of Iraq War casualties varies greatly. The table below summarizes some of the Iraqi casualty figures.

www.iraqbodycount.org...

Documented civilian deaths from violence 104,547 - 114,213

2011: 4,088 civilians killed

In a war it is called 'the other army/side/the oposing force' not terrorist.Especially if you are on their soil invading their land.

It is called 'casualties of war'
Tupac's point obviously pertains to the fact that people are being scared by this word "TERRORISM" and are constantly reminded and bombarded with it to promote new anti-terrorisme legislations etc.Which at the the same time reduce their freedoms,coincidentally.

edit on 4-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Considering most terrorisim is false flag anyway, 9/11, 7/7, mubai etc....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Alex is a dawa agent for the house of of Islam.

Of course he will skew results, deceive people, and promulgate all manner of lies.

He is a tool of Jihad.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I can't believe Alex Jones would stoop to such levels, and to see here on ATS, on this thread, humans that support such beliefs.

Is Alex wishing Terrorism - the extermination of mankind regardless of ethnicity or religion as evident by the thousands of innocents whom had died - happen more often?

The ONLY reason why the odds are so low is thanks to the valiant efforts by ALL mankind to put an end to such brutal acts, either by the sword of the authorities as military, enforcement officers, intelligence agencies or by words from leaders and fellow humanity, to deprive and deny any opportunity for those terrorists to strike.

May this evil scourge upon humanity one day be totally gone. The only death humans should ever be aware is only natural end - old age and never suffer any other forms of loss. Every innocent human life is precious and means something special to another....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Trying to use reason and logic to convince a sea of morons to stop behaving like morons.

Never works.

Morons are too certain of their moronic beliefs.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Of course he will skew results, deceive people, and promulgate all manner of lies.

He is a tool of Jihad.

That is a new one.What are your sources.

I myself think AJ started out like a lot of people here that are interested in the topic but has now found a way of making a living of it.But a agent of the islam....really now

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Dude are you serious? He was pointing out that our Bill of Rights and very freedom is being clamped down on and destroyed in the name of protecting us from something that we're less likely to get killed from than lightning. He doesn't want more terrorist attacks to happen, that is absurd.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Um.....source? lol

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Agreed. Unfortunately I haven't taken the time to study each and every terrorist attack, but the big ones like 9/11, 7/7, and the Oklahoma City Bombing all have nearly undisputable evidence that members of the government were involved in one way or another.

They create the problem, then swoop in to save the day with their solution that takes away our rights! Thanks, government!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

The ONLY reason why the odds are so low is thanks to the valiant efforts by ALL mankind to put an end to such brutal acts, either by the sword of the authorities as military, enforcement officers, intelligence agencies or by words from leaders and fellow humanity, to deprive and deny any opportunity for those terrorists to strike.

Um... the ONLY reason the odds are as high as they are is thanks to the "valiant" efforts by western colonialism to constantly invade these nations. You think they hate us for our freedom?

Why don't they attack Sweden or Norway? Not only do they have more freedoms than we do but they are also wealthier. Nobody is after our Freedom Fries. Dr. Paul's not right about everything but he's right about the reasons "terrorists" hate us.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Get out of here with that common sense and logic! They hate us for our freedom, so we have to take away our freedom to protect our freedoms, or else they'll win!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

No duh they are called casualties of war, a war that in my opinion is unfounded, brought to us by lies, and was borderline illegal.

My point is that the US military has killed more civilians since 2003 (in just Iraq, I haven't brought up any other Middle Eastern nation, ie Pakistan civilians Vs US Drones) than all the terrorist acts combined. So if I were to play the numbers game, like AJ, I suppose we have a better chance of being killed by the US military than we do by Terrorism.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So if I were to play the numbers game, like AJ, I suppose we have a better chance of being killed by the US military than we do by Terrorism.
Which I might add is becoming increasingly more likely with the passage of things like the NDAA.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Rafe_

No duh they are called casualties of war, a war that in my opinion is unfounded, brought to us by lies, and was borderline illegal.

My point is that the US military has killed more civilians since 2003 (in just Iraq, I haven't brought up any other Middle Eastern nation, ie Pakistan civilians Vs US Drones) than all the terrorist acts combined. So if I were to play the numbers game, like AJ, I suppose we have a better chance of being killed by the US military than we do by Terrorism.

Ah i see now.I misunderstood and i agree!

The numbers killed by the u.s goverment/army will of course not be a part of it as they will never consider themselves or their actions terrorist.Sadly it seems that the u.s goverment is the one that defines the term.

But of course the numbers were posted here to show how the ' Terrorisme™ ' has been used and abused.Most prominently since 2001.

edit on 4-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

He is a tool of Jihad.

But these statistics are commonly know, at least to those who pay attention.

This has NOTHING to do with Alex Jones.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join