It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Warfare 3. your thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Please explain the meaning of the word wank.
I'm an old granny disappointed that I couldn't
buy this game for my grandchildren.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by n00bUK

Please explain the meaning of the word wank.
I'm an old granny disappointed that I couldn't
buy this game for my grandchildren.

its where a male holds his penis (with both hands in my case) and moves them up and down until he ejaculates

but i used it in a derogatory way, meaning i think the game is sht, wank . .

dont buy them a game, by them a book

edit on 3-1-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jgmara

The thing is, reality is different then a video game. In real life, every time you stick your head around a corner you wonder if it's the last thing you do and not loading up your game to try again..
edit on 3-1-2012 by Elexio because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
MW3 is ok - good for burning some spare time.
BF3 is ok too, haven't played it enough, due to MW3

@n00bUK
Small hands, eh?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Wait, people are not playing cod4 anymore?

Nah, you guys are crazy!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
reply to post by daaskapital

I agree blackops is the better game, u playin on ps3 or 360?

PS3 mate

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

You are a sick puppy and I am sorry that I asked.

I would prefer that my grandkids' would read books
instead of all these video games they play.I would
prefer they play with old fashioned board games like
Monopoly,Scrabble,Life,Sorry to name a few.
But my grandkids' want video games like this modern
warfare.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by n00bUK

You are a sick puppy and I am sorry that I asked.

I would prefer that my grandkids' would read books
instead of all these video games they play.I would
prefer they play with old fashioned board games like
Monopoly,Scrabble,Life,Sorry to name a few.
But my grandkids' want video games like this modern
warfare.

I was thinkign should i, shouldnt i - but hey fk it, i did lol. No harm done, now who know. . Its liek somebody callign you a jerkoff - i should of just said that, shouldnt i.

Monopoly is the way forward

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

If there was ever a wanker its you for sure noobuk... maybe you should take your own advice and buy yourself a book, a dictionary to be precise... maybe then you could learn how to SPELL.. (by.. sumet)

I cant wait until you start a thread that I can take a dump on like you did this one.. that's if I or anyone else can understand the point your trying to make. troll.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I have both MW3 and BF3. I did enjoy the story arc to MW3, and from what I have seen so far of BF3 seems to be intersting. However I just do not like the key loadout to BF3 and there is something about the graphics I am not to sure about. I have been playing MW3 multiplayer for the past couple of weeks, I enjoy it all but the strike packages, namley the missles, attack helicopters, B2 and AC-130. I have died more by those than any legitimate, and questionably legitimate kills. I have found playing on barebones is far more enjoyable vs standard play. I have to agree with the lack of teamwork at times, as to domination and ck, ctf etc, it is a team effort, but when your team is more concerned with getting kills, its just done right frustrating. its probrably a good thing I dont have a headset or least I would be banned just for giving my team a piece of my mind.

Point in case about the airpower. I was playing a 4 man tactical game earlier today. Things were going pretty well until 2 of the opposing team members started using predator missles, hinds, b-2's and ac-130s. couldnt stop them at all and a close game went to hell in a hand basket. I am by no means saying I am the best player out there, I usually run a 1:1 +/- a smidge game. As soon as that happened my stats dropped down to a unbeliveable 1:17 K/D. I brought it back up to a 1:4 ending in 7/32.

Maps I think I am on the fence about maps Hardhat and Arkaaden are the 2 I enjoy the most, Lockdown my least.
All and all I enjoy the game.

BF3 well once I can get comfortable with the control layout (which I cannot stand or change enough to be comfortable with) I will give it a shot. I loved BF2 however that I played on the PC, not a console. New to the FPS on consoles (>.< miss my mouse and keyboard at times lol.)
Just my 2 cents.

AKnGrimmley is my handel on Xbox.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive
reply to post by n00bUK

If there was ever a wanker its you for sure noobuk... maybe you should take your own advice and buy yourself a book, a dictionary to be precise... maybe then you could learn how to SPELL.. (by.. sumet)

I cant wait until you start a thread that I can take a dump on like you did this one.. that's if I or anyone else can understand the point your trying to make. troll.

he asked for opinions on the game, i told him its wank - its my opinion, which I'm entitled to.

The lady asked what wank means, i told her - hesitantly.

She didnt ask what wanker means, in fact the word wanker wasn't brought into the subject by anybody other than your self. Wank & Wanker are two different things - i was calling the game wank, not people wankers for playing it.

You call me a troll but yet your the person who didnt reply to the OP and completely took the posters post who you did reply to, out of context.

And MrTroloGrammarMan, i'll spell how ever i like, thanks, kiss kiss

Go away.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

OMG REALLY? But MW3 looks so real!!!

www.wired.com...

Funny onion news preview of the most realistic war game ever.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

O..M..G.. that was sooooooo damn funny.. I was LOL hard.. that was absolutley priceless...

Now if that was in the game, yeah not so sure I would be playing it.. ROFL LMAO..

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have played both BF3 and MW3......

When it comes down to it this game is great.... but the chance for that tactical game play you would expect from MW brand of games has been lost in the run and gun. it comes down to who can get a round fired first to who can actually play in a effective strategy.

you really can't base a game off the others that play. cause lack of team play is not the game creators fault.
i have enjoyed every one of the MW branded games and as some said before .. there are not really any memorable maps. i think there was more time spent on previous generations cause this is a run and gun game. previous versions held a good amount of ground for those who wanted to snipe but it is limited(not saying it's not there) but the ability to hide is extremely limited.... they are suppose to be releasing a huge amount of map packs

it's worth playing but don't expect a different game than MW2

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
I think it's a very solid game. The physical mechanics are very good. The maps, killstreaks, perks, and weapons are all well done. This being said the game has really pissed me off;

I am a hardcore search and destroy player, and until recently, there was no ricochet, or penalty for team killing someone in anyway. This caused me to get spawn killed round after round by some lonely troll with a rocket.
Also, the game glitched on me a lot, before a series of patches. None of my friends could join my party, lobby, or active games and I couldn't join theirs.
Lastly, the leaderboards and scoring system. HCSD is extremely underrepresented in an average score per game manner. If one plays kill confirmed they will get a much greater XP than HCSD. This is worstened by the leaderboards which only favor how often one plays, rather than a score per minute leaderboard as a better showing of actual skill.

I'm with you on this, I'm a HCSD player myself and feel that it is the only game mode that requires any skill whatsoever yet is poorly represented on the leaderboards

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
I have played both BF3 and MW3......

When it comes down to it this game is great.... but the chance for that tactical game play you would expect from MW brand of games has been lost in the run and gun. it comes down to who can get a round fired first to who can actually play in a effective strategy.

you really can't base a game off the others that play. cause lack of team play is not the game creators fault.
i have enjoyed every one of the MW branded games and as some said before .. there are not really any memorable maps. i think there was more time spent on previous generations cause this is a run and gun game. previous versions held a good amount of ground for those who wanted to snipe but it is limited(not saying it's not there) but the ability to hide is extremely limited.... they are suppose to be releasing a huge amount of map packs

it's worth playing but don't expect a different game than MW2

i'm not much of a sniper but i still get picked off by kids who can quickscope better than most people shoot normally

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

hi i have the 2 games for pc and im disapointed in mw3
1st the frostbite 2 engine is far more realistic than mw3 and the light system is amazing ^^
but i love the bonus kilings etc in mw3

i play both game on an i7asus 2 xtreme nvidia 295x2 sli 12gigs of ram ddr3 corsaire and an 8800gt only for the games ho use physicx by nvidia

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Seriously? Playstation 2 is so old.. That has to be torture to that poor kid. Maybe you should be buying him a cheap XBox or something, and get with the age.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

ahahah hi was thinking the same thing buy them an 360 or an ps3 !!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
MW3 turned a little g@y when ricochet was introduced a few weeks ago.
I'm on 2nd prestige
They need a new patch to control cheats
And lagswitchers are getting old, PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME
I only play Hardcore TDM
Never tried campaign yet

SCAR w attachments red dot and silenced
Overkill w/ AS50 (kick) and ACR (marksman pro)
UMP45 w/ red dot and rapid fire, quickdraw, slight of hand, stalker

Trophy is worthless IMO

GUNT SCABS is my tag, invite me I'm consistently mediochre

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join