It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enlightenment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Oh F* no mods.
This .pdf was an excellent read, it actually forced me to take a long hard look in the mirror and figure out, who I am, what questions I want answered, and where to go for those answers.

Even though the story itselfs seems a bit... magical, there are some good lessons in here between the lines. Things people should read, if they seek such things.

So here it is; The Enlightenment, uploaded by someone in the intro forum, Im sorry I forgot his username.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

It is legit, virusfree, and I can vouch for this share being legal aswell. (Yes, I checked into it)

There is no reason not to let others read this aswell.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Yes,

Let the light flow.

I am here for the enlightenment.

And then let me go, please.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Yes,

Let the light flow.

I am here for the enlightenment.

And then let me go, please.

All I am saying is, give it a chance, it is well worth the read.
At least it was for me. Made me think of a great deal of things. Things that are probably more important now then ever.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Beautiful read. I found it inspiring and...enlightening lol. Thank you for sharing.
Second line to please the mods. I'm going to share this book, thank you again.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

why do u want answers? to exist? why do u want to exist? it doesnt make sense which prove that u r a liar
and evil mean

how light is such glorified to become enlightment, intelligence have value powers have value freedom have value objective else supports have value, what is the value of light in enlightement? ur mirror? what do u i care or another care about ur mirror?

light for everyone is mostly the sun light the sun is fire and everyone got harmed by it at least once in his life
what is so gorgious that became enlightement about it

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Once one look beyond what he sees (such as the sun being considered as fire), one truly knows what awakening is and further how it shift into enlightenment with time.

Just saying,

Thuthseek3r

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

me also just saying, u cant see what is beyond that is why always the beyond u can see is what is coming after u to eat ur flesh like the sun, just saying look to what is clearly before u in ur means of beyond values, just saying u should never say anythinging

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Im not sure I get what your saying, but bottomline of what your saying seems to be: "Enlightenment is a hoax, stop playing into it and focus on your life". Am I correct in that assumption?

But if the search for enlightenment, be it through religion, healing or living a good life, makes someone a better man/woman, then whats so bad about it? Sure, there are nuts out there who blow it way out of proportions and people who kill in the name of same religions. But if the words in a book or the teachings in a short story, about a magician who can travel through dimensions, gives just 10 people out there, the idea they need to start changing their lives for the better. Then I would say its damn well worth a war or two. Because we have to start somewhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
oops.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

no if there is a reality mean of what i said it would b the opposite to what u got

u focus on ones value when value is only out of all, so wether objective all fact positive constancy growth or absolute freedom out, it cant b anyone there no enlightment to preach about experiencing it

i always used the image of the sun reference to suggest what i know being the reason of all wrong

focusing on urself true value is loosing the justification of value perspective, value is exclusively out of free true consideration to absolute superiority in objective terms, which simply take the form of recognizing that only superiority is that u r never, realizing clearly that u cant b in least touch with superiority in right concept of admitting that it only exist objectively, is what confirm urself existence as a relative value fact through its clear perspective of truth value conception
values are exclusively out of absolute truth which is the reason of objective existence as relative true rights

only out of all alright, so truth, that any is free potential truth value that could exist right by adding value to any objective reality in truth conception of it

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thanks OP I was sceptical upon reading the introduction but was quickly enveloped and able to gain insight to many questions I have had. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

Once one look beyond what he sees (such as the sun being considered as fire), one truly knows what awakening is and further how it shift into enlightenment with time.

Just saying,

Thuthseek3r

if you're so enlightened.... why are you still on the computer?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thanks OP for this amazing read, I can recommed it to everyone.
It was really interesting to read, I don't now if I should believe it or not, but it actually makes sense to me, and there are some good lessons you can learn from this story.

Thanks again.
edit on 3-1-2012 by rockslinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Im glad most of you liked it, just as I did.

Now onto our next matter at hand. I need help.

Does anyone know the author?(D. Alan Holmes)
II have found a "first edition" of the book. In the end of this version he writes: "Comming soon: The Enlightenment Part 1 - A Handbook on Immortality". Suggesting that this was meant to be a series. He also wrote in the beginning of this edition: "This book represents a literary preview of the motion picture "The Enlightenment".

However, I have had no luck finding anything online about Part 1, or a movie connected to this book (The one I posted in the OP was Part 0).

Also I have not been able to find anything on the author at all, I only found the book for sale on Amazon for a price of $198,98
Small fun fact, I also noticed the book has 198 pages and was published in 1982.(198 repeats itself alot when you research this book, fun coincidence at least)

The only names I have found other than the authers are the following.
Charles Wildbank - He made the artwork for the book
Richard Bach - In the other edition I found of the book, it says: "Special Affection to Richard Bach".
Jarome Garonne - Again:"Special Thanks and Acknowledgement to my friend and fellow truth seeker, Jarom Garonne. Without his support and inspiration this book would not exist."

Charles Wildbank:
Here is a website to the only artist, named Charles Wildbank, that I have been able to find.
www.wildbank.com...
I can not know for sure, that this is the Charles Wildbank mentioned in the book. Probably a long shot, but I wrote him a mail asking if he knew a D. Alan Holmes.
No reply yet.

Richard Bach:
Same thing as Wildbank, send a mail asking if he knew the author.
richardbach.com...
This Richard Bach claims to be the descendant Johann Sebastian Bach(Probably not important, but fun fact)
Again, I can not know for sure that this is the Richard Bach mentioned in the book.

Jarome Garonne:
Does not exist on the internet what so ever. The following is all I have on him(from the book):
"This book is originally printed and published by D. Alan Holmes, as a textbook for "How to make your dreams come true" workshops by Jarom Garonne of Los Angeles, California."

---

Does anyone have any ideas, on where to go from here? I would really like to know if the next book in the series exists.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Update(to myself I guess, unless others are silently interrested in this topic.)

The artist Charles Wildbank, is indeed the one who made the artwork for D. Alan Holmes book.
However, his reply seemed to suggest that he did not know the whereabouts D. Alan Holmes.

I asked him some further questions, and am now awaiting a reply again.
edit on 3-1-2012 by needlenight because: Update

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Would you mind sharing your inquiries with Mr Charles Wildbank here with us?

I finished reading it and find it very interesting.
I can relate to some of the ideas written in the book. But if this physical universe is really just a 'big game', and souls out there are waiting for bodies to be occupied, then why would people ended up born in a very unfortunate conditions (ex: people with special needs, or mentally ill people)... I mean, if I had to choose a character in a game, I would choose a more better character.
Maybe the term 'game' isn't really a suitable term. Maybe its more like mandatory or something..
Just my opinion..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheF00l
Would you mind sharing your inquiries with Mr Charles Wildbank here with us?

I finished reading it and find it very interesting.
I can relate to some of the ideas written in the book. But if this physical universe is really just a 'big game', and souls out there are waiting for bodies to be occupied, then why would people ended up born in a very unfortunate conditions (ex: people with special needs, or mentally ill people)... I mean, if I had to choose a character in a game, I would choose a more better character.
Maybe the term 'game' isn't really a suitable term. Maybe its more like mandatory or something..
Just my opinion..

I would think, that taking the words in the book 100% literally is a mistake. There is a deeper and more profound meaning behind it. If only that meaning is to make you see that, you are in control of more aspects of your life that you are aware of at the moment. It could just as easily be a very simple message, hidden in a very remarkable story.

But IF we take it 100% literally for giggles. I would think that as an eternal soul who knows all, and sees all, experiences all at the same time. Who sees now and eternity at the same time, perhaps experiencing only the full life and experience of a disabled person would be quite a remarkable thing.
Imagine if you knew that after this experience, you would go back home and be your old self again. Your just doing it as a challenge for the game. Kind of like when I install a new game on my PC for a new experience, a new challenge. I know it is just a game, I know there will be no significant consequences for the real me.
Now, it probably isnt a great idea for Maxis to make an expansion pack for Sims 3 called "Sims 3 - Disabled". But for a soul who have an eternity to experience everything and anything it would like, I would figure trying out being a disabled human being would eventually end up on things to do.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
As for the mails exchanged between me and Mr. Wildbank.

We have talked about various things, like his art. Which in my opinion is actually quite beautiful.
Here is a link to a site with some of his works: wildbank.com...

He told me that he does not know of D. Alan Holmes whereabouts, and I imagine he does not know, if he is even still alive.
He did mention, that he knew Jarone Garonne and actually attended one of his workshops some years back.
As far as I could tell, it was an experience worth getting. Jarone Garonne was in Mr. Wildbanks own words quite electric. However Mr. Wildbank has not seen him, since attending the workshop.

I also briefly asked him if the number 198 meant anything to him, but he said it did not.

He ended his last mail, asking me to tell him a little bit about myself. So I would guess all of my wierd questions peaked his interrest, in some way.
All in all, Charles Wildbank seems to be a very kind and intelligent man, with great artistic creativity and I imagine he has some very interresting stories to tell, and lessons to teach.
But I am afraid his knowledge of our mysterious author is limited.

I am still waiting to hear from Jonathan Bach.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
edit on 4-1-2012 by redstorm because: Common unsacreligious decency!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by redstorm

Speak your mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join