It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US/ NATO be caught in cross fire?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by stirling

well unlike WW2 Nazi's the US is not spread thin as war fronts go , just in man power, but in this day and age, Drones can make up difference, as well as air strikes and cruse missiles. The US still could bring in the draft

the draft, are you serious, many if not most young people would occupy the draft, you would go back to the riots of the 1960s.

this young generation is too hedonistic to fight for anything, they would become even more rebellious.

unless you did as napoleon and murdered your own citizens into submission.

and the government is bankrupt and dysfunctional.
our congress is the worst political joke of my lifetime.
with these people in charge, lets hope nothing happens.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

oh please we put up with the DHS see say , TSA feel ups, and "P" act ,10 years of one war , going on 11 years of an other, So protest???? No not any more, oh but there is OWS to busy saying "whose street", and if you do then you face NDAA2012 Sub Sec D, so it is either go or go to git mo.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by irontyrant
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You need to look a little closer at reality. Neither Russia or China will do anything major to aid Iran, they may aid them covertly with weaponry,some intelligence perhaps,but they will not, and I repeat will not side with them militarily. Neither country wants to get nuked for some radical 12th Imam followers. Both of these countries have to deal with internal radical Islamic jihadis. Besides Russia would nuke China before it would nuke America. China wants Siberia.

Well, I'll say this. As an American, I hope you're right and we are now the only remaining nation on Earth with any guts at all or the conviction to actually stand for what we want or believe. Right or Wrong we do..and you're suggesting there are NO other nations left that can, will or do on their own.

If that were not the case, then Russia or China would logically see Iran as the last major nation on Earth to stand in opposition to the United States and Allied powers of the West. When Tehran falls and goes into chaos like Iraq, that's it. Who else is there? Syria? Yeah.. Right... If the other powers won't back Iran, they sure as hell won't back Syria against us...and you definitely suggest they don't have it in them to do.

Now PERSONALLY... I'm a creature of history, myself. I look back and see the British Empire in Afghanistan, Napoleon in his crusades and even Ancient Rome. These and MANY more examples all share one major thing. They ALL had the personal and national arrogance to say 'we've been at the top for so long, we'll never NOT be at the top..and no one on Earth has the guts to so much as pose a challenge.'

ALL of my examples were put down...and put down HARD, despite being either *THE* top power on the Planet at the time..or pretty close across the 'known world' for the times. If America is to be different and stand alone as the SOLE example in known Human history to freely rampage across the globe without ever meeting a single serious challenge..this will be a very interesting several years to watch. Iran will only be the middle of a campaign..not the end. Otherwise...... we'll see what happens, won't we?

<< 1   >>

join