It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US/ NATO be caught in cross fire?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Could the US/ NATO be caught in cross fire?
The old proverb "your enemy is my enemy , so let us be friends" has come to pass Afghan and Pakistan tribes have now joined as one, two fronts one war , and no place to go for help. Pakistan has shut down the supply routes for the US NATO forces, and we, the US, just gave Pakistan aid,[ nothing like shoot ones self in foot now is it MR McCain?] www.cnn.com... from the link

Pakistani Taliban factions and their allies have set up a council of elders in hopes of coordinating efforts against NATO troops in Afghanistan, a spokesman said Monday.
2012 is off to a peachy start.
NATO hopes for reopening of route www.foxnews.com...
yes it is fox "News" but it is a short link
edit on 3-1-2012 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.
ah but then" and we, the US, just gave Pakistan aid,[ nothing like shoot ones self in foot now is it MR McCain?" Obama has said no www.dawn.com... from the link

WASHINGTON: In a move dubbed by the media as “a new year gift to Pakistan”, US President Barack Obama has signed into law a bill that could suspend a large chunk of the $1.1 billion military aid to the country.

The suspension is part of a massive $662 billion defence spending bill which President Obama signed on Saturday evening despite having “serious reservations” about some of its provisions.

“The fact that I support this bill as a whole does not mean I agree with everything in it,” Mr Obama said in a statement issued by his office. “Provisions in this bill could interfere with my constitutional foreign affairs powers.”
well Mr McCain you cant win them all,... nice try

edit on 3-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

edit on 3-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
juat like i figured all for profit and not only that they knew it would happen sooner or later.. specially that con chaney hes a joke..

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

Cheney ?? what has he got to do with this ?? hes been out for almost 4 years now, it is McCain that said yes we must give Pakistan aid part of the NDAA 2102 package

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
this really made me LOL like WTF.. our involvement in the east must just be another ponzi scheme to take all their oil so we have unlimited capabilities when we attempt to globalize do you really think the leader of the first world govt would have to be anything other than american? i highly doubt the people running this country would let that happen

Well maybe a british dude could lead too but anyways; its like a dog chasing its own tail for now. $$$$$$$

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm glad others are seeing the potential disaster building here. This is how Afghanistan has defeated empires in the past, too...if one wants to get historic about it. If we see ground supply completely cut from the Pakistani border, and Putin follows through with his recent rumblings about hindering or closing our air routes into the -Stan nations to the north then we're in a box with no way in or out without fighting all the way.

We need to get our people out of that place. SO much has changed in a tactical way in just 6 months. It isn't to our favor. We CAN still get out now, and without cost in the process...so let's spike everything in place, blow the rest and just get the men and dependents (those who've worked real close) out on planes as quick as refueling touch/go turn arounds can accomplish it.

Our enemy would LOVE to do to us what they did to the British..and it's now actually leaning in a direction to see the utterly unthinkable happen, if a few other factors line up just wrong.
Time to cut bait and wish them luck.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
US NATO forces stuck in a rut, no way out but to fight Oh wait Iran in not that far, borders both Pakistan in the south Afghan to the north www.infoplease.com... Persia Gulf is right there so is the 5th fleet, could this be a staged stage?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lawlz0rz

US and NATO country's need Iran oil, what better way of getting it than by force, the Big red one with the 3rd going in from the gulf on up to Afghanistan, I would have said Iraq not to long ago, but then we have pulled out.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Jeebus does anybody remember the Nazi heyday after they had europe in the bag and were pounding the #e out of the UK.?
What happened then?
Barbarossa!
The fatal attack on an enemy so huge it could simply retreat forever and watch the supply lines stretch to snapping in the harsh russian winter.......
Germany was defeated because they attacked one country too many....they over stretched their resources bases without consolidating the ground they took well enough (and who could really? It was an enormous amount of countries.....)
America is facing its own version of this sad mistake too....
I believe it will be Iran/pakistan/afghanistan that will do it.
How many plates can the pantagon keep spinning before the whole works fall down?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

well unlike WW2 Nazi's the US is not spread thin as war fronts go , just in man power, but in this day and age, Drones can make up difference, as well as air strikes and cruse missiles. The US still could bring in the draft

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, America has more military power than the rest of the world combined. Nazi Germany didn't have nearly the same power when they attacked Russia. If America really wanted to lay waste to Iran it could do so in about one day without ever putting one boot on the ground and if this happened no one would do anything about it, especially Russia and China. Iran is not really worth it to them if push came to shove.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by irontyrant

Oh he for got what we did to Iraq in '91 and then in '03 Iran would be taken in 5 days 3 if NATO and Israel are in on it

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

He sure did; not to mention what we did to the Nazis in WW II. It is irritating that these people think its acceptable for them to disparage and use hate speech against America and the West. Islamics will not like you any better because of your trash-talking. Go move to the Middle East and find out. Islam is evil...its prophet was a chomo.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

haha yeah the US is going to let Iraq suffer and cripple itself even more with this bogus new president they tossed in there(NOT WITHOUT THE WATCHFUL EYE OF BLACKWATER O.O i forgot their new name smh.) , and by the time they get done with Iran, Iraq will have just enough survivors to work the oil fields for them

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by irontyrant

a kamel fhumping one at that, any one that does something bad in the name of whom ever, there is something wrong.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

did you get a copy of the MASTER plan? would you be kind and send me one mine got eat by the pet goat, no matter how long I stair at it, it does move.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

nah, i just enjoy conspiring.. you know connecting the dots? i kinda think were here for the same reason.. dont you?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Too bad you cannot read between the lines of those dots you connected. At least those Iraqis will have something to do besides killing each other.

edit on 3-1-2012 by irontyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I just want to add that Iran isn't the end of the fight. They are the vanguard of at least 3 heads that will bite. Perhaps 2 more. Iran may even be seen as expendable by others. Some see how U.S. forces are around Iran, and I see how BOTH are surrounded my even larger forces on that side of the globe.

This isn't good and it isn't our fight.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Cool, I say we pull all US troops out of that hemisphere and let the sand people go all bantha on each other.
....And who gives a crap about nato/un let em all die.
I would certainly kill any invader in my country especially if they wore a blue helmet.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You need to look a little closer at reality. Neither Russia or China will do anything major to aid Iran, they may aid them covertly with weaponry,some intelligence perhaps,but they will not, and I repeat will not side with them militarily. Neither country wants to get nuked for some radical 12th Imam followers. Both of these countries have to deal with internal radical Islamic jihadis. Besides Russia would nuke China before it would nuke America. China wants Siberia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join