It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought i saw a ufo on Sunday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
So Sunday night i was on my way home from a friend.

I was driving in a northerly direction, and out of nowhere there was this bright orange object in the sky. I told my wife next to me to look at it.

I was only about 3 minutes from home, so i drove home, all the time keeping my eye on this object. It moved very slowly and and a height of no more than 300 meters. It suddenly flashed a blue colour, and started moving faster, very smoothly, at one point, it started moving in the opposite direction.

I got home, jumped out and grabbed some binoculaurs. At this time though it moved rather high, and i could not see much anymore.

Believing i saw an unidentified flying object, i started to think, what it could have been. Definately not a plane, wife suggested a sattelite, but it was too low.

So i went outside into the night, and just stood around. Next moment, i see another one, coming overhead really low.

I could see it really in detail, since it was about 50 meters up.

Then i saw it..................................................................a chinese lantern.

Needless to say it was rather anti climatic.

I can however understand how these things can be confused for ufo's, and if someone sees it for the first time, might get excited about it.

I always laughed when i saw these guys with videos, and the debunkers saying its probably a chinese lantern. However, it seems that in most cases, it really is just a chinese lantern.

VVV

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I saw the exact same thing, I saw 6 of them actually, they looked like orange stars. I grabbed my telescope to take a look more closely and then of course the lights stopped...

I have also read that these are Chinese lanterns, just letting you know I saw the same thing.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Section69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
hahaha yeah i bet it would of been anticlimatic

i was starting to become intrigued untill i finished your post
none-the-less an informative post about another type of ufo

edit on 2-1-2012 by 1beerplease because: pic didn't come up its chinese lanterns

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

lol, Yeah sorry for the dissapointment mate.

I have never seen a chinese lantern, so to me it was really an "ufo".

However, i must thank the debunkers on this site for enlightening me about chinese lanterns, linking pics etc, so that when i indeed did see one, i know it what it was!

vvv

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I saw a handful of them in 2010 out the back of a party. We were all a bit worse for wear, but they didn't look much like floating candles - moved fast, dipped then rose high.

Turned out they were indeed lanterns. I'm glad to have seen them like that because I can now understand why people are reluctant to accept they are lanterns. With a good breeze, they're very impressive.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I saw a handful of them in 2010 out the back of a party. We were all a bit worse for wear, but they didn't look much like floating candles - moved fast, dipped then rose high.

Turned out they were indeed lanterns. I'm glad to have seen them like that because I can now understand why people are reluctant to accept they are lanterns. With a good breeze, they're very impressive.

Last August I saw an orange orb here in the Smoky Mountains, and I even reported it at the National UFO Reporting Center. The report I submitted went like this...

At 5:30 AM, I went outside to smoke a cigarette, and I eyeballed a large, amber light hovering in the sky above my home. At first I thought it was a star or planet.

Abruptly, the light started darting around. I rubbed my eyes and shook my head, but the thing was still there, darting around like a hummingbird. It's odd, but I felt like the thing was winking at me. I mean, it WAS winking.

Then, when I made a move, it made a move.

I couldn't determine the object's altitude. It looked like it was high in the sky, but it was reacting to my moves, which makes me think it was pretty low altitude. I was kind of mesmerized by it. I could see it rocking left and right, like a pendulum. It looked like a light bulb. I mean, I could see the filaments, right.

Then it rose straight up and moved off to the south with a kind of zig-zag fishtail move. Zip, it was gone.

Now, THAT thing was definitely NOT a Chinese lantern.

new topics

top topics

join