It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hardcore Pawn; Is this show real

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Whats with this show I sort of follow it because I really get a kick out of the madness. First off you rarely see a customer making a purchase what you do see are these self proclaimed pimps, drug dealers, rappers and hos selling their junk and wanting way to much for it. They all want way to much for it which is understandable but take next to nothing in the end. What I really want to know is do the producers script this or is Detroit really this ghetto and stupid it kind of makes me sad that there are this many ignorant people in one area, maybe I just dont go to many places like that so who knows. I have watched most of the episodes but would like to hear some parts that my fellow atsers may have found funny or interesting cant wait later.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
there are alot of people like that in detroit. those people dont know anything about the game otherwise they wouldnt be bothering pawning their stuff. they claim to be hardcore but the real people slinging and robbin stay under the radar.
detroit is one of the best cities in the USA. You cant find a culture like here anywhere else.

Dont matter if your from the suburbs or the west side you still rep detroit.

so check yourself before you diss a city

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
All I know is Detroit is a dump. Many parts of the city look like the game Fall Out.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DankKing420

Nobody has to "diss" Detroit.

The city disses itself. Complete cesspool.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
there are alot of people like that in detroit. those people dont know anything about the game otherwise they wouldnt be bothering pawning their stuff. they claim to be hardcore but the real people slinging and robbin stay under the radar.
detroit is one of the best cities in the USA. You cant find a culture like here anywhere else.

Sure looks grand to me:

This one too("Cleveland"; motto:" At least we're not Detroit!")

More On topic: if its on "t.v" at all . It is carefully produced and biased for production values("ratings" and keeping an audience). Of course you are seeing the most outrageous (if not "carefully scripted") characters they could round up!.

edit on 1-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

you sure love to diss the city that put the world on wheels. maybe you should blame government policy and corruption instead of hating the city. cause i highly doubt you could get away with sayin it on the street

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

thats generally what happens when the automobile industry dies. and where did i say that the city looks nice cause im pretty sure i didnt. anyone with a brain could know that its rundown. what i said was you wont find a culture here like anywhere else. every single person reps detroit and makes sure to stay that way

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Its a real show, but its dramatized reality re-enactments much like most of the other shows on that channel Operation Repo, Lizard Lick Towing, Pawn Stars, Storage Hunters etc.... there are sooo many now its ridiculous. Reality shows got so popular now they construct them by taking bits and pieces from what made real reality shows popular and amplify it.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You be the judge

and detriot = liberals boo boo's

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You must be from Detroit....I am sorry to hear that.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

im not. makes me feel special knowing that almost every city everywhere else doesnt have it as hard a we do.
you guys wanna see the economic crisis in plain view come to detroit. until then nobody can say their place has it bad

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
All I see is a bunch of ignorant people hating on a city they have never been to, only clinging to stories and pictures that can only explain 1/10000 of the city. If you want to have an actual opinion of Detroit that doesn't make you look like a fool, then take a trip to Detroit. Most if not all of you who reply negatively to this will not do so for some narrow minded reason. Oh and I am from Farmington Hills, a city in the suburbs of Detroit.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

thats generally what happens when the automobile industry dies. and where did i say that the city looks nice cause im pretty sure i didnt. anyone with a brain could know that its rundown. what i said was you wont find a culture here like anywhere else. every single person reps detroit and makes sure to stay that way

The decay and collapse of Detroit and Flint have been made rather public for quite a few years now.
Came back into the U.S.onamotorcycletrip through Windsor once;

Nobody's" hating" on Detroit...but; I'm never going any where "south of the bridge" ("holy wha'..."!)

Seriously what's left to"rep"?

Wake up and get the hell out while you still can...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Show is completely "real". Pffft, just like all "reality" tv. All reenactments, and scripted b.s. Completely hate the daughter, the son,... hell they all suck.

Sad to see this city and area become what it has. I grew up outside Detroit, in Taylor. Grandfather had a business on Ecorse rd, Indorf printing opened it after the second world war. My dad used to work for GM then Uniroyal. Recession of the early 80's saw it was time to get out. Moved us to Illinois. Funny, even back then the joke was "last one out, turn out the light."

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by slugfest

The broken city is one of many things that detriot needs to fix

secondly is the people who get elected into these positions

I am sad for detriot really am , But being in denial is no way to start that recovery process

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
it is a real bussines,but the show is staged in uk we call them mockumentries mocked up documentries,
edit on 1-1-2012 by haven123 because: mispelled while scratching my balls

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

edit on 1-1-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I really loathe all those shows on tru tv, the worst is probably lizard lick towing. Ive watched some crap before but I don't know how anyone finds these shows entertaining. When I think about the people that must watch these shows I think of the movie Idiocracy (its got electrolytes). Our nation's collective IQ goes down everytime these shows air.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
that otherr show american picker they ar as gay as the day is long.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
NONE of these "shows" are real....the store can be real, but everything is scripted. It has to be because otherwise it would be boring just watching mundane business etc....all of it is planned. I have only seen a few shows like this, and I got angry just thinking that these people think the audience is stupid enough to buy it....sheeeeesh....it's just idiotic.

<<   2 >>

join