It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook photos lead to child abuse arrests in Arizona

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Facebook photos lead to child abuse arrests in Arizona

news.yahoo.com

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Two Arizona parents were arrested by sheriff's deputies after apparently posting pictures on Facebook that showed their children, an infant and a toddler, bound with duct tape, authorities said on Thursday.

Coconino County deputies arrested Frankie Almuina, 20, and Kayla Almuina, 19, on suspicion of two counts of child abuse on Wednesday at their northern Arizona home after being alerted to the photos by an anonymous tip.

The children, a 2-year-old toddler and a 10-month-old infant, were seen online bound with duct tape on their wrists and ankles with their mouths ta
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Seriously! What is wrong with people! It's absolutely horrifying that there are people in this world that treat their kids that way! On top of that, they are then stupid enough to post it on Facebook! Wow! I can't even begin to imagine being that disturbed and stupid all at the same time!

What really astounds me about this is that not only did the couple somehow not see anything wrong with what they were doing to their children, they also apparently didn't think anyone else would either because they posted it on Facebook. I don't even understand how people like this manage to function on a daily basis!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wait a minute...What the hell?

Some one else was arrested recently for doing the exact same thing.....

Some guy duct taped his very young daughter up like that and posted the picture on facebook with a headline of something like " This is what happens when she hits me back".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What in the world is going on that anyone can think this is okay at all?

This is just down right disgusting.

Some one add this to the list of reasons why the Human Race sucks, would you?
edit on 30-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

So is this a separate incident of child abuse involving duct tape?

I haven't read through it all but sounds similar

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Must be the new planking.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yeah, these are separate, yet scarily similar. The link I posted above is of a guy in Chicago who did this to his young daughter.

I just can't fathom why anyone would think this was okay at all... I just can't.

Then to post it on facebook for all to see? What did they think would happen?

Did they think people would find it cute that they tied their children up with duct tape? Well, it's not cute or funny.

It's just gross and wrong.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You have got to be kidding. 2 in one month and both separate from each other. What are they relatives? Geesh, fking people these days.

Amazing, their 20 years old too..

Stupid kids having kids.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
At least Facebook has paid off in
a good way this time. If they had
not posted the pics no one would
probably know the danger the
children were in. This is definitely
child abuse - adults always attack
the innocent. Must make them feel
like big shots or something. So
sad, glad the babies are in a new
home.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

So is this a separate incident of child abuse involving duct tape?

I haven't read through it all but sounds similar

It is a separate incident. The other post is involving a dad and his daughter in Chicago. The one I posted took place in Arizona and involved the mom and dad, and their toddler and infant. The one in Arizona is brand new news, where the other one took place last week.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
At least Facebook has paid off in
a good way this time. If they had
not posted the pics no one would
probably know the danger the
children were in. This is definitely
child abuse - adults always attack
the innocent. Must make them feel
like big shots or something. So
sad, glad the babies are in a new
home.

Its duct tape on a child, not hot coals on their feet. Duct tape is definitely not a good thing for children of this age as a joke but I think people are exasperating this situation quite a bit.

Also it should be noted the children are still with family members. Where do you think the parents got their ideas from in the first place? Way to go child services!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't really see a huge problem with this.. the kids weren't dressed indecently, were they? Sounds like a goofy photo opportunity with your kids. Of course, I don't know the context of the photos, and I haven't seen them, but it could be innocent fun, right? Is it because the duct tape hurts to take off? or what?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

It's because it is illegal to tie your children up with duct tape. It is Child abuse. That's why.

There was a photo of the other incident, in the other thread....

Honestly, if you think that it is fun to tie children up.... Well....

You are not going near my children.

Look at this post with a picture.

Do you find that fun? Do you find it fun to tie a child up with duct tape and then post it online with a message that says" This is what happens when my baby hits me back"?

I don't find that fun at all. That is not a goofy photo op with your kids. It's illegal, gross and wrong. The "man" from Chicago lost custody of his kid for that..... Why? Because there is nothing fun about such pictures.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Apparently the Arizona couple didn't catch the news story about the Chicago dad being arrested for the same thing! I can't even begin to imagine a defense for any of these parents other than mentally unfit to stand trial!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yeah, I was thinking that a moment ago as well. Apparently they did miss the news story. But you know. Even if they did see it, I don't guess it matters. Any good parent would not be doing this no matter what.

It's highly inappropriate to say the least.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yeah. Actually seeing the picture makes a huge difference.

My brother and I used to do stupid stuff like tie each other up when we were kids, and it was all in fun. There's no lightheartedness/silliness going on in that picture though. Pretty disturbing.
edit on 30-12-2011 by jessejamesxx because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

You are so right! Facebook was definitely a good thing in this situation! If not for Facebook, this abuse might have gone on for years without anyone knowing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Ah, I got you. Yeah, I had seen that photo from the previous thread and it grossed me out.

I apologize for being a bit abrasive in my previous reply to you. . That photo just makes me mad.

Yeah, I can remember playing with my sister and we would play cops and robbers or what have you, tie each other up with her jump rope. But it was done loosely and we could get right out of it.

What these adults did is not a game and it just bothers me on a personal level having grown up in a really bad home.

I wonder if these parents actually found it funny. They must have been stupid to also post it online like that...

I don't know. It just makes me mad.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I swear, I am really getting disturbed by people's reactions! Some of you actually think it is OK to duct tape a child (especially the mouth) and hang them upside down? Joking or not (which I don't believe)....it's not funny. I think people are getting so desensitized today, that they can't even recognize abuse when they see it anymore.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Must be the new planking.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Are we supposed to give you a star or something...? I didn't think so because this thread is about Child Abuse and you're senseless joke doesn't add to this thread, at all.

No, it's not the new planking.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I don't really see a huge problem with this.. the kids weren't dressed indecently, were they? Sounds like a goofy photo opportunity with your kids. Of course, I don't know the context of the photos, and I haven't seen them, but it could be innocent fun, right? Is it because the duct tape hurts to take off? or what?

you are commenting on photos and a story you know absolutely nothing about?

children are not pigs. you cannot just hogtie them up because you are a person who cannot control your issues....

The children, a 2-year-old toddler and a 10-month-old infant, were seen online bound with duct tape on their wrists and ankles with their mouths taped shut, Commander Rex Gilliland told Reuters. One of the children was shown hanging upside down on an exercise machine.

He said investigators seized about a dozen similar photos, some that were not posted online

please do not support the ignorance of parents......it leads to the acceptance of abuse....and abuse is a huge issue for kids

edit on December 30th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join