It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul gets shocking new support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Michele Bachmann chair defects to Ron Paul

This is from Politico.

by ALEXANDER BURNS | 12/28/11 8:27 PM EST In a shock announcement Wednesday night, Iowa state senator and onetime Michele Bachmann campaign leader Kent Sorenson declared that he is now supporting Ron Paul for president.

Sorenson made the announcement at a Paul rally with veterans here in Des Moines, telling the crowd: "I believe we're at a turning point in this campaign."

Calling the decision to abandon Bachmann a painful one, Sorenson said he felt obligated to join Paul as the "Republican establishment" tries to undermine his campaign.

"I thought it was my duty to come to his aid, just like he came to my aid during my Senate race, which was a very nasty race," Sorenson said, pledging to go all-out for Paul over the next few days.

To cheers from the crowd, he continued: "We're going to take Ron Paul all the way to the White House."

www.politico.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
wow thats amazing! he was bachmans campaign leader at one point hahaha, Ron Paul 2012!
edit on 28-12-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The man was heading up Bachmann's campaign. I have to seriously question his intelligence.

In reality, the more support the better and good experience to boot!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
that is shocking, but I wonder if there were alternative motivations or circumstances that prescribed this.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
looking at michele's campaign run, it may not be a good thing.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
When does Ron Paul get his secret service detail?
Because as I see it he's been painting a big target on his back lately,

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
We're all thinking it...

He's trying to sabotage Doctor Paul's campaign!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
that is shocking, but I wonder if there were alternative motivations or circumstances that prescribed this.

If what he's saying is true, then I think his explanation is pretty believable. Although just to speculate why he wasn't with RP from the beginning, my guess would be he didn't think Ron Paul could win, but as it has turned out he might have changed his mind. A lot of other people will change their minds too as time goes by.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I "Googled" "Kent Sorenson and this was the first link that came up.
www.washingtonpost.com...'___'PNP_blog.html

I read the whole story and was suprised by this statement,

"Paul campaign manager Jesse Benton... responded that the Paul campaign is not paying Sorenson".

If that's true then I hope more people will come out in support of Dr Ron Paul.

And please read this part also:
"Sorenson’s full statement as emailed to reporters":

In my opinion, he nails the truth in his E-mail

Just Awesome !!

thanks for the thread OP

Peace

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
^ this Ron Paul guy probably has an ATS account
Ron Paul 2012

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Haha this is fantastic. I'm glad the people close to Bachman don't even take her seriously. I was in Minnesota recently, didn't find many Bachman supporters there either.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

I was watching CNN this morning...and Ron Paul (they reported) is in 2nd place behind Mitt Romney. Next week we will find out...who is the most popular one in Iowa!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Unless they've got a new poll out, they're talking about the republican-only poll which I believe had Romney at 25% and Paul at 22%. Two problems:

1) No WAY Paul gets close to that much among republicans - the media told me only democrats and independents are voting for Paul! All so they can cause "mischief" in the republican party and tip the hat to Obama (VERY much tongue-in-cheek on my part there - this claim is so ridiculous for several reasons)

2) Independents and democrats either DO get to participate in the caucuses directly, or can re-register as republican that night. Including all likely caucus goers, Paul's still in the lead.

Take care. It WILL be interesting to watch, but with one of the analysist there in Iowa being interviewed on - Fox? - yesterday or the day before advising the pollsters are having trouble IDing the new likely caucus goers registering for Paul by at least 1/3rd...I think we're seeing a good underreporting of his actual strength there.

Can't wait for Tuesday to see what happens...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I was watching CNN this morning...and Ron Paul (they reported) is in 2nd place behind Mitt Romney. Next week we will find out...who is the most popular one in Iowa!

I read somewhere that this poll was only registered republicans.

If true that matches my expectations. I think Ron Paul wins as either the republican nominee, or third party. He has about 1/3 of registered R voters. Probably 2/3 of indie voters, and at least 1/3 of D voters. The indies out number everyone else. This is my conservative estimate.

He'll probably have to run third party, because in some states his biggest base, indie, and D voters won't be able to vote in the primaries. Ron Paul loses when only R vote. It's going to take everyone to save our country and our freedom.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Another endorsement:

www.canada.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I wonder why now when she's LOSING and Paul's winning and not when she was winning and when he was losing!

Timing is everything isn't it. I think Paul would take him in like a grain of sand.

new topics

top topics

join