It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 y/o Girl predicts own death. Dies in freak accident next day.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

A 14 year old South African girl shocked her local Western Cape community when she predicted her own death, said goodbye to her family and friends and died in a freak accident the next day.

The girl, who's father's name is Terion or Therion Visser, apparently told the cattle hearder on their family farm that she knew that she was to die soon and pointed out to him where exactly she is to be burried. She also told him that she does not want a white cross at the scene of the accident. Afterwards, the hearder went to to his boss, the girl's father, and informed him of what he was told. The father told him not to worry himself with 'children's stories'. It was also learned that the girl told her friends at school that she will die and said goodbye to them.

The next day on her way to school their car had a flat tyre and they pulled off the road to change it. The girl was was apparently standing at the front side of the car while the driver changed the tyre. A timber truck came by and suddenly one of it's trailer's tyres dislodged and hit the girl. She was declared dead at the scene by attending peramedics.

Afterwards it was said that the travel of the tire made no sense. The tire hit the rear side of the car and, according to normal understanding, should have bounced off the side and traveled away from the girl and car. However, according to the person changing the tire, the bump did not change the direction of the tire and it aimed straight for the girl. The driver of the truck refused to drive it further, stating that he believed that the truck is a 'murderer'.

Disclaimer: I heard of this when visiting my some family in Vredendal in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. The incident happened not too far from here. I tried to find the story when it featured in the local newspaper, Die Burger, but to no avail. Sorry about that. Nevertheless, it is a true story, with real people and real witnesses. If anybody cares to do a proper google search and happens to find the story it would be much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Sorta of reminds me of that movie Final Destination.

Be nice to know was she dreaming at the time she predicted it, then told everyone the next day or was she awake at the time?

Maybe like a past relative showed her the prediction to her.

Creepy all the same. I hate those Deja Vu dreams.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
thats crazy, the other night I had a dream I would be playing drums. the next day I played the drums...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Reply to post by Manhater

Yup, weird indeed. Usually this kind of thing would be put down to taboo but I was quite surprised at how serious the community was when I spoke to a few people.

I doubt it was just a dream. The girl was certain of her fait. Enough to accept it and say her goodbyes and last wishes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Ahhh my mistake I did not read your disclaimer. I call bs....sources or it didnt happen.
edit on 28-12-2011 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Reply to post by acmpnsfal

You are ignorant. The story did appear in the local newspaper (also in disclaimer, give it another read), I spoke to people who know the family.
I just couldnt find it.
For you to call bs simply based on the fact that there is no link for you to click on is very ignorant indeed.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I had a step grandfather who had a lot of family and friends and spent an entire week on the phone having meaningful conversations with everyone he knew before he died, essentially saying goodbye but not in a way to worry anyone (he was not ill and his death was sudden). By the funeral everyone had understood the week of goodbyes. Money and personal issues were resolved in every relationship this man had during this week. Sorry, no pics.

I'm pretty sure there are and have been both cats and dogs in some nursing homes that can anticipate death and give the elderly who are about to die extra attention. Some people may not wish to live in such a nursing home but as a lover of animals I can only imagine what before-death cuddles and loves would be like. I remember one story about a cat who would only cuddle with anyone when they were hours from death.

We should be further along in this area I believe. Our fluoride-assisted spiritual crisis works quite against our 'super-powers' I am afraid. Maybe one day we will have a sound economy capable of even understanding sharing, and authorities that don't require to steal directly from the fruits of our labours to inhibit our freedoms in the name of freedom, and free ourselves to more perceptions outside mechanized time and quarterly inventories.
edit on 28-12-2011 by GoatwolfeWolfgoate because: and

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
double post sorry
edit on 28-12-2011 by GoatwolfeWolfgoate because: sdfa

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I once talked to a guy who heard from another guy that extra terrestrials are tearing up the NYC subway system. It was in the paper and everything but I can't find it, but there were witnesses. I talked personally to both Schitzo Steve AND Psycho Sally and they both assured me this story is true.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Is this really even such a big deal to be 'debunked?' You could maybe do your own interview with her family and discredit the story in a publication. Wait you didn't? Oh.

And it's not 'guilty until proven innocent' as your sig states, it's 'guilty until proven slaves.' That's how that works. Go all the way if you're gonna go.
edit on 28-12-2011 by GoatwolfeWolfgoate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

There is no need for hostile sarcasm towards the OP. Please have some respect and show some intelligence. Since you only believe what you can read on the internet, you will be the easiest of all to program with government approved knowledge. You'll refuse all other knowledge because you only believe in one source of information: the internet. Perhaps you could start a thread in chit chat explaining your staunch belief about the credibility on online information?

Great story, OP! Thank you for sharing! Ignore these trolls.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I am from SA and have never heard this story.

I have searched quite a bit on the net trying to find it in local papers and such, but nothing.

To me it appears that this story is just an urban legend.

vvv

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The trolls are hungry this morning...
2nd line

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Nee my vriend. This happened just before the school holidays started. About 3 weeks ago. No urban legend.

It is what it is people, I have no reason to lie to you.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I actually know some people in Vredendal, i shall call and see if i can maybe hear this story. It is a rather small place, so the story should spread quickly.

Dankie.

vvv

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Yes, I heard about the cat story. Apparently it was ata hospital or old age home.

Condolences for you loss there mate and thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If it did happen, it doesn't strike me as hard to believe.

My grandmother suddenly started giving away all her possessions and family heirlooms one day. She began writing me long letters though we had barely known each other up th then. She sent to me an extremely valuable china set (all the way to France, it cost a bundle!) and got in touch with all the family members one by one, tying up loose ends.

Then, she had a stroke walking the down the street and died.

She was older, perhaps preparing for death was simply good thinking.

But my mother did a similar tying up of loose ends with everyone. She was trying to get my brother to see her, and she said, "Please? I don't know if I have much longer to live."

He, of course, took this as a joke and manipulative tactic. A week later, she had an unexpected allergic reaction and died.
She was 42.

I don't see any reason our subconscious couldn't ever be aware that we have reached the moment we are to move on.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

What a shame that all you can do is flame someone. If you have a 'real' story that would refute this then why don't you share that? Make your point of 'I find this hard to accept because of...' Instead of making fun of the OP..Learn how to debate properly and in an adult manner.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The OP admitted that there were no press links to the story.

No need to flame him/her.

Not every story makes it to the news.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333

Afterwards it was said that the travel of the tire made no sense. The tire hit the rear side of the car and, according to normal understanding, should have bounced off the side and traveled away from the girl and car. However, according to the person changing the tire, the bump did not change the direction of the tire and it aimed straight for the girl. The driver of the truck refused to drive it further, stating that he believed that the truck is a 'murderer'.

Truck tyres come off a lot more frequently than most would imagine. This is why you need to re-tighten the wheel nuts within 100km of a wheel being refitted on them.

What do they mean "should have bounced off the side and traveled away from the girl and car" and "the bump did not change the direction of the tyre"?
It's called inertia, and truck wheels are very heavy. Heavy enough for most employers these days to not allow their drivers to change them. Any intelligent person would not "assume" it is going to bounce off something and change direction. It is more likely than not to keep going in the direction it was travelling.

As for the driver calling the truck a "murderer", he would know damn well it had nothing to do with the truck.

Here are a few instances of wheels coming off trucks and killing people:

Jogger killed by flying tyre in north-east Adelaide

Man hit and killed by tyre after going to the aid of stranded motorist

Police find truck whose wheel killed QEW motorist

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join