It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

improvised weaponry for apocolypse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
hi i live in australia where it is hard to get a gun and heavy restrictions on alot of weapons so can anyone help me out with ideas (bonus points for functionality or ridiculousness)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tetriswoooo

A wrist-rocket mate! Use bb's and pellets, what a multi functional tool/weapon

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I thought you guys were known for being expert kniofe users? "That aint a knioife, This is a kniofe"

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
For guns, you could go and get a license to own one. Or if you want to buy knives legally (As Australian laws state that most knives are banned from inportation (e.g. butterfly, double edged), you could try

www.knifewarehouse.com.au...

edit on 28-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

home made flame throwers are possible to improvise and suprisingly not well regulated in all areas if at all id get some chemistry knowlege and try to figure out how to make usefull concoctions like gasses or things that go boom but make sure u follow laws and what not dont wanna end up in Guantanimo

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
i took an old pole mounted tree limb saw and with some creative cutting and filing turned it into a makeshift scythe/machete

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Dig a moat. Fill with gators. Put some gators on your roof as well.

On a non ridiculous note, the flamethrower idea is a good one.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
For guns, you could go and get a license to own one. Or if you want to buy knives legally (As Australian laws state that most knives are banned from inportation (e.g. butterfly, double edged), you could try

www.knifewarehouse.com.au...

edit on 28-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

im in an urban area i have no legal reason for owning one

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Your best bet is to purchase (unless this is part of the 'heavy restrictions' on weapons) a bow and arrow set. Failing this, you can make one very easily. Arrows are quiet, deadly, and reasonably easy to make.

You can make a deadly crossbow very easily if you have the woodworking/metalworking skills.

If you're in a hurry, just grab a wooden post and drive some nails through it

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

In Australia?
Sorry, you guys gave up your freedom already.
Improvised weapons are all but useless vs "real" weaponry.
The best thing to do is start some legislation and get your guns back, or move to a country that will allow you to die on your own terms.
There are ways of aquiring real weaponry there but I cannot say how on ATS, it would be against the T&C.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
22 caliber umbrella using 22 caliber nail gun cartridges and a 22 caliber pellet gun barrel.
all you need is a full sized umbrella a 22 caliber pellet gun barrel, a nail gun and its primers.

if you know a machinist with a lathe? he can contour, thread and assemble the barrel and receiver into the umbrella making it very lightweight, because only the breach need have any meat on it, and the driver can be reconstructed as a ball to where you just strike it with your fist while you point the umbrella. brass or led pellets can be used for ammo

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Simple Basic Improvised Firepower:...

Think paintball markers, tubing and get yourself an aircompressor!

Ammo:...

Think anything that fits down the barrel ... and get yourself a huge marble collection!

Improvised Indescriminant Firepower:... Chemical Warfare (gas)

Mix Bleach and Ammonia ... think airconditioning for delivery systems.

Improvised Explosives:...

Think gardening supplies for nitrogen based fertilizers!

Improvised Detonators:...

Think Sparklers and nail gun reloads!

Personal Disclosure: Talk to your local freindly DIY Store etc. ok!

P.S. Oh and there is way way more improvised weaponry available off the shelf!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
belt activated set of dentures on a spring that will bite the opponent in the balls? (thinking of the goonies idea of madcap)

but for cheap and cheerful perhaps a tin of compressed air and a steel ball firing pea shooter or a sling since rocks are always around for ammo

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
the simplest is a 1/2 in pvc tube 24 inches long and 3 inch nails that you superglue a half inch cone on the tail using foam place mat material, then learn to blow and you will have your ultimate weapon
...seriously

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Was just about to say you can never go wrong with a bow good with ammo, very quiet, and very versatile. Can make one in a day if you really wanted to and it would be effective.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
you live in Australia with the most venomous animals in the world, use your imagination
i know if i was there and had access to all those nasties i'd be DANGEROUS

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well, at least you can still get a gun. In Singapore, nobody can own a gun or a weapon at all. So when the apocalypse comes, I'll just have to rely on my butter-knife-on-a-stick weapon to kill those Super Mutants.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I live in an urban area and own quite a few rifkes and pistols for target shooting
Its considered a legitimate reason

edit on 28-12-2011 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Make your own weapons. If the end comes, there will be no law enforcement to tell you what is or isn't illegal. If you can buy a real one, I recommend that.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
can of hairspray and a lighter = a rather nifty upclose flamethrower and so long as theres women who like their hair there will be hairspray
and lets not forget the old classic of a molotov cocktail for lighting up the night

if you are expecting company then pop sets of firecrackers around the place with remote firing so if you see people coming you can set off a set and while they turn to work out whats happening you have a few seconds of time to do whatever you need to do or for the cheapskate its pots and pans on a trip wire to get the same effect

spiked ditches can be lethal especially if you throw in enough of the aussie natives to welcome the poor sod

flares can be good as well for blinding the enemy at night

get various peoples voices recorded so you can play them on a tape recorder so it sounds like theres more of you than there is (thanks battlestar galactica for that idea)

if they're in vehicles a spud in the exaust can stop them dead since who'd expect it so they have to move on foot

but for the most lethal item in the arsenal i'd recomend a women with pmt and tell her that all the chocolate has been stolen by the intruder....he'll wish he'd never turned up against some mad woman dual wielding rolling pins wanting her choccy back

i'm sure theres even more evil but non lethal tricks which can give you the upper hand

top topics

<<   2 >>

join