It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO photo taken by Australian Council Worker (2004)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Before I get into this, I did a search around ATS and only one thread came up about this, with a couple of replies.

I was just talking to a friend, and we got back on the subject of this photo taken by a council worker in Australia, it made the news and all but once he had brought the topic up again I wondered to myself what had come of this?

The picture in question is here.

An employee of this major municipality during his routine work as a traffic engineer took a photograph of a level railway crossing at Beveridge north of Melbourne using a digital camera. When it was downloaded from the camera on to a computer an object appeared in the sky on photograph.

This Council has no opinion about the object. We just do not know what the object could be and would welcome any explanation. This Council believes it has an obligation to pass the image on to the relevant authorities for their consideration and investigation. The image has been referred by Council to the Chief Defence Scientist, Defence Science & Technology Organisation, and the Civil Aviation Authority. Council is considering referring it to NASA and other authorities.

Here is some of what was written in the article from the Herald Sun.

A mysterious photograph has sparked a UFO frenzy in the city's north. Both believers and sceptics are scratching their heads over this picture, snapped in Beveridge by a council officer last week. Whittlesea Council is considering informing NASA and has already sent the image to Australian authorities. The photographer, Whittlesea Council traffic engineer, Roland Rozario said he could not explain the digital photo, which shows a small round object zooming through the top right side of the frame. Mr Rozario said he and a colleague were doing a routine audit of a railway level crossing about 2pm on Thursday, January 15. "We didn't see or hear anything when we were there," he said. "I took about 10 or 12 photos, facing east and west. "Then I came back to the office, downloaded the images and noticed an object in one photo. "I still don't know what it is. I passed it around the office and people didn't know what it was. A few said it didn't look like a bird, an aircraft or even a bug in front of the camera." Mr Rozario said a train passed through the crossing just seconds after the photograph was taken and believes a passenger may have spotted something in the sky.

Here is one source.

rense.com

Thoughts/opinions? Something to me seems a little strange on how close the object is, and how big it seems in the photo. That might just be because I've been drinking but who knows

Since I couldn't see this topic discussed at length anywhere on these forums, I submit this to be ripped to shreds by the debunkers around here, or give us something to discuss as to what this may be.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've seen many photos like this. It's always turned out to be a bird. The center "dome" is actually the wing.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

You may very well be correct.

This was also from the article.

Mr Rozario said a train passed through the crossing just seconds after the photograph was taken and believes a passenger may have spotted something in the sky.

I'm trying to look into that at the moment to see if there were any witnesses from the train.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't see it, where in the picture is it?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It could be a bird. Cameras...especially digital ones tend to place things in a pixalated order. Thats why when the ROD sensation came out...no one ever saw one while they were standing there but on digital film....what is a bug turns into a missle with wings.

There are real E.T. craft as well as many different E.T. probes of which I have witnessed firsthand....but there is alot of crap on the web as well. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

The technical term is blurd

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree with you Phage, that picture you posted was in my mind while I was making this thread.

The photo made the melbourne papers and was blown up to about 7x14". The photo shows the grade crossing the engineer was photographing and the lights are red. Passengers on the train that just had passed (why the light were red) also reported seeing the object.

I'm finding other reports on other forums which state people on the train witnessed and object, now if I can turn up any better information on this, it would sway the opinion away from the fact this was a bird, or blurd

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Try dragging the bar across, at the bottom of the picture.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Violence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If you look at everything else in the photo it's clear that the sun is just to the right of the frame and shining towards the camera. This results in all of the objects facing the camera (crossing gate, signage, etc.) being in shade, and casting shadows towards the camera.The object in question does not follow these same rules, it's reflecting light as if the sun were behind the camera instead of in front of it. Especially the upper part of the assumed saucer which is almost completely lit (as if the sun were to the photographer's back). In most of these cases where the photographer didn't see anything at the time the photo was taken it's just a simple matter of misidentification- an insect or bird flying across the frame at just the right moment. Small objects close to the camera will blur like this and look deceptively like a large object farther away from the camera.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Violence

No bar there, can someone circle it or tell me where in the picture its located.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It could be a bird I guess but it doesn't really look bird like to me. Or bluryd like even.

link   

Click the link providing in my original post.

link   
When you see a real E.T. craft....you will know it...that is firsthand and not from a picture. Although the U.S. has Ultra Advanced Tech. at a level so high that it is kept secret from our own Military as well as some Presidents not even knowing about...actually alot of Presidents...with a tech level in some cases a Century in advance of other major powers.

But when you see a REAL E.T. craft move...you never forget it. It defies all physical laws. I saw my first real E.T. Probe craft...brilliant orange almost burning orbs....fly over a SAC base near my childhood home at night in the summer. I will NEVER forget it.

Point is....the real deal...is unmistakable...but alot of High Tech U.S. Craft is mistaken for E.T. because of the huge gap in tech. People can't get a handle on the reality it is Human made so...UFO stories...but that doesn't mean there isn't E.T. craft out there. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Enlarged for your review:

edit on 12/28/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: pic

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Got it now, this tablet works in mysterious ways. I must say the reflectivity of the object doesn't look like a bird too me.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It brings to mind the shape of certain "lifting bodies" like the X38:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Glad you can see it.
Weird tablet you have haha..

I do agree with you, as from what people can tell by my posts in this section, I pick on a lot of what people post up here. I understand I'll receive the same for posting this topic, but from what you've just said, this is why I've posted it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The U.S. has also been working on small robotic "BIRDS" for the purpose of RECON. There is a directive...and you guy's can check this out....that before the end of this decade...large portions of U.S. Military air, ground, sea and other vehicles must be robotic.

The percentages of USAF craft that must be robotic is astounding as well as Army convoy transport vehicles...over 50% must be robotic by 2018. One of the primary reasons...besides money...is that robotic craft that can make manuvers that would kill a pilot will be soon on carriers. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

edit on 12/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Interesting,

if we assume it's an object...the reflection would be somewhat consistent with the other things in the picture which have reflections, eg. that second pole with the railway lights, behind the track.

But what strikes me immediately is the fact that this was obviously shot with a camera using "infinite focus", ie. landscape setting or similar...which means that basically EVERYTHING in the image is in focus, EXCEPT "the object".

So..i have the very strong impression that this "object" is actually very close to the camera (maybe on the windscreen of the car)...and possible a bug or something.

I was looking at the bird theory also...while plausible...i cant see the bird here...unless a fast movement would have distorted the bird quite a bit.

I reall think it's a bug...and i do NOT think it's an actual UFo/object otherwise it would be as clear in focus as the other parts of the image.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join