It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Paul says defense bill assures ‘descent into totalitarianism’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

It is aggravating to see people getting in an uproar now, since this has been going on since at least 2001.

The only reason I can logically think of is that the POTUS is different.

So, in effect, it was okay when the White House was occupied by the GOP, but now it is unacceptable.

It is disingenuous.

And even though it is Ron Paul's JOB to vote against these unconstitutional bills, his followers continue to make excuses for why he isn't doing it.

Oh 'he had more important things to do.'

This is the epitome of crap.

So he talked about it, but actually did nothing to prevent it, even though it is his freaking job?

And these people are making excuses for him like he is unfallible.

Blinders, much?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
The Patriot Act already reserved these rights for the POTUS.

This bill really just affects other countries.

Where were all you Paulites when Bush was pushing that little ditty through?

Oh yeah, you were screaming 'freedom fries' and duct taping your houses.

State Plus Corporate power is Fascism. We have been semi fascist since the fifties.

Now that there is a Democrat with some extra melatonin you want to get all outraged and pretend that this is some huge derailment of our American way.

I call BS.

Your blind adherance to the false 'left/right' paradigm will not keep the gaurds from anally raping you with a broomstick in the re-education facilities.
You don't have much longer to cling to such child like notions.
Make the best of the time you have left and enjoy every minute of the warm sand as it surrounds your head because the time is drawing near when your head will be promptly yanked out of the sand along with the rest of your body and thrown into the railcar with the rest of us.

While sitting there with us I would love to hear your thoughts on Democrat vs. Republicans.

Some people are just NOT going to let go of this utter nonsense (Left vs. Right) until the very last breath!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

The same thing happened during the Obama "Yes We Can" campaign. People were falling over each others toes hoping that this candidate meant real change and praising him as the person that will fix all the wrongs of 8 years of Bush.

That's the problem, people put too much faith in the presidency. No one man can change things and no one man shouldn't according to our constitution. Checks and balances are there for a reason and all three branches hold equal power. The person that can change this mess is you and me. Us, we. Only the people have the power for real change but as long as we are quick to give our power away to others with false hopes then we set ourselves for disappointment.

I am truly convinced that nothing will change in our country unless revolution happens or some natural country wide disaster. Only then will people take to the streets regardless of political leaning and talk to one another. Happened after 9/11, happened in the east during the Black out of 2003 and it will happen again.

We are all in a trance currently, and this year I am CERTAIN some catalyst will come to awaken us from our long time slumber. We hold the true power, not the elites, not TPTB.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Sorry, wrong tree.

I let go of the left/right paradigm years ago my friend.

(Subterfuge is a perfect word for it.)

You misunderstand.

It is not I who are just now getting indignant about the loss of our civil liberties, which for all intents and purposes happened in 2001.

It is not I who chose Ron Paul as some messiah who says all the right things, but doesn't bother to ACT on those ideas, even though he is one of the only people in our country who can.

It is not I who is full of hope and rainbows that one man can change this whole tsunami of corruption.

I have been pleading with my fellow ATS'ers to open their collective eyes and take their own power back for a good long time now.

Yep, wrong tree.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Fair enough then.
Please don't lose hope and don't be so disgruntled at those who are just now waking up and reaching for answers and solutions.

This man has the potential to wake people up as our president.

Have you ever thought about what would happen IF after being elected and being given "the speech" by the CIA
he still chose not to go along with thier agenda?

He would promptly be JFK'ed.

CAN you imagine the backlash??

It would be plain as day what had happened.
People are not AS stupid as they were back then.
They wouldn't be able to pull of another JFK!!
It would be clear for the first time ever to the American People as a whole, who pulls the strings in this Country.

Talk about revolution. HA!

My point is....Change is a comin' one way or another, it's comin'.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I understand you Jim, I have been having that same type of cynicism and indignation for quite some time now. Rest assured my friend, all those that realize the left/right con have at least one eye slighty open and that is encouraging. More and more are awakening to realize that the system that we hold so dear and the principles that we hold so dear are dying off and evolving.

Every child needs to burn their hand in the stove to understand life and we are at that time now. To understand why our excesses and wrong-sided priorites are not the way to go. We must experience this point in order for us to know what we do not want and what to prevent in the future.

This man has the potential to wake people up as our president.

Have you ever thought about what would happen IF after being elected and being given "the speech" by the CIA
he still chose not to go along with thier agenda?

He would promptly be JFK'ed.

CAN you imagine the backlash??

Good point. Maybe that will be the catalyst. Personally I think he has done some good by addressing certain issues that for the most part get ignored. IMO even if he were to become president nothing will change simplly because of how the system is built. POTUS holds no real power, totalitarian or otherwise, he takes his orders by the shadow ones (not seen, Wizard of OZ behind the curtain types). But if he is of true character (which I believe he is) that maybe he will stand up to them. I do not wish Martyrdom on anyone but I am certain any actions taken against him if he becomes president (highly unlikely that he will reach that point) then there will be consequences.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My hope is that we will be as a school of fish and all turn simultaneously.

Ron Paul is, unfortunately, no better than the other 544 we call Congress.

He has been in office for decades, in one form or another, and has given us only lip service.

Do not think for one minute that his election will herald the new paradigm we all wish for so much.

The president, really all elected 'representatives', do nothing that will affect the real direction our country moves.

The people who do the real damage are not elected, we do not even know their names.

They have absolute power, and no amount of voting will release their hold on their cash cow, You and Me.

The only thing that can do that is....?

You. And Me.

edit on 28-12-2011 by jimnuggits because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I see your point. However, here are some thoughts for you, perhaps the fear of our government, that keeps the citizens from putting one toe over the line is what allows things like this to pass. Our founding ideals are so far removed from the country and her people today, that they sound like treason. When that comes to pass you have to look to what our founders said to us from all those years ago, and decide shall I live under tyranny as a salve, or stand as a free soul and have not but freedom & liberty to look forward to.:

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Honor, justice, and humanity, forbid us tamely to surrender that freedom which we received from our gallant ancestors, and which our innocent posterity have a right to receive from us. We cannot endure the infamy and guilt of resigning succeeding generations to that wretchedness which inevitably awaits them if we basely entail hereditary bondage on them.” Thomas Jefferson

or perhaps this from the Father of the Constitution:

“If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. The loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or imagined, from abroad.” James Madison

You only have question to ask yourself "Who owns you?" It is either yourself, or the state. What is better to stand and die on your feet as your own, and faithful to you sense of right, wrong, and resposiblity? Or to grovel, beg, and spend a long life on your knees.

I made my choice, and you get to make yours. Whatever choice you end up making though should be done so in contemplation & not in fear. You are a human, not an animal. You are responsible for all your actions and choices in this life, you can not at the end, say that i did this because others told me to. That answer will not be good enough.

I may stand alone or with a million others. In the end I swear my allegence to The constitution of these United States of America. If you choose not to defend your freedom that is your choice. If you decide to stand then you will have my respect.

Molon Labe,
777Patriot

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 777Patriot

I too took the oath and I do swear by it , to me it is the ones on the hill that need to go too git mo.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 777Patriot

No that it is law we shall see how it plays out will it be like the "P"act or will this be the one that will make the 1st amendment a thing of the past. This has yet to be official form the white house but is on MSM www.cnn.com... from the link

Obama signs defense bill 'with reservations'
confirmed www.whitehouse.gov... from the link

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
December 31, 2011
Statement by the President on H.R. 1540

Today I have signed into law H.R. 1540, the "National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012." I have signed the Act chiefly because it authorizes funding for the defense of the United States and its interests abroad, crucial services for service members and their families, and vital national security programs that must be renewed. In hundreds of separate sections totaling over 500 pages, the Act also contains critical Administration initiatives to control the spiraling health care costs of the Department of Defense (DoD), to develop counterterrorism initiatives abroad, to build the security capacity of key partners, to modernize the force, and to boost the efficiency and effectiveness of military operations worldwide.
with this being signed , we shall see in 60 days what this does

edit on 1-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

edit on 1-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
My fellow Americans are too busy watching NFL football,and Dancing With the Stars, and playing with their X-boxes and nintendos to even notice that something has changed which requires their attention. They would rather be enslaved than have to turn away from their entertainment.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

They have weaponized entertainment.
It is over.
the dream is over.
and that's all it ever was.....a dream.

What kind of dream?

Why, the American dream of course.
and what do we do after we are done dreaming????

Say it with me class.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Here I discuss a few of the totalitarian moves and rules in your country, dunno if you can use any of it. But I show a few places where new laws undermine your constitution. The "info" is spread on the 2 forst pages of the thread.

They just keep forcing their extreme measures and laws(wars) upon the Americans and worlds population and at the same time they are buissy calling Ron Paul a dangerous isolationist.

edit on 1-1-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join