It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boyfriend found this on his fence the other day.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just a thought, but I remember playing "star wars: rogue sqaudron" back in the day and I remember seeing rune like symbols when you typed in your name I think. Has anyone checked those? I would but don't think I have the game anymore. I searched the net but came up empty.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It looks like the person who wrote the note knows just enough "angerthas" (Tolkien Dwarf Runes) to sound like a dumbass, but there are some trip ups in the message. That "A" and "+" and the inverted equal-looking sign aren't present in the language, but so far, through the various forms of Tolkien/Rune languages I've been able to get:

"Fien_s_h_ts"

How good are you a wheel of fortune?

I know more elvish than dwarvish.
In a "rune" sense, they don't mean anything (to you). Runes only reflect the holder, as in the person that is drawing them. A written rune holds no meaning, unless you believe it does, and since you don't even know what it means, it's unlikely that it's anything negative, unless you begin to think that it is.
Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. I used to write messages in strange languages and then leave them in odd places or place them in bottles and cast them into the sea just so that someone would find them... and hopefully find them interesting, but beyond that, I don't think there's any significance to this message. Likely someone playing around. There are gangs that like to use runes, but again, who knows?

There are several Dwarf Runes in the Tolkien universe here is an example of one:

Here's an example of standard "real world" runes.

Here's an example of Elvish:

[translation: "Above Top Secret" letter for letter from the English words in the Elvish Alphabet]

["Above top secret" written in the elvish language using the elvish alphabet. "Above" has been
substituted with the word "peak" since "above" doesn't appear in the elvish dictionary]

edit on 27-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

Yeah that is kind of weird, for a second I thought those were Transformer hieroglyphs! lmao

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

Does your boyfriend know a girl named Amy? On that piece of paper is the first name Amy and phone number.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yet it would make sense, especially if there was another gang moving into the area. They would want to keep a low profile, check out the place, and potential buyers for what they have to offer in the area, while seeing what the competition is like.

The one group that comes to mind would be the Aryan Nation, a group that uses a combination of runes and numbers to communicate with others in their group.

The main reason why is that I came to that conclusion is the numbers. In the past, some gang numbers often refered to either the penal codes, such as 420 for pot, to the acutal 10 codes for what a cop would call on the radio.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I dont have any answers but just wanted to say thanks for bringing something new and interesting to ATS.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I have learned a very tiny bit about wiccan runes, and some information that I have read will suggest that a person make up their own runes when they have a need for privacy but wish to put something out in the world. It could be just made up runes for someones personal reasons.

Or it could be the Live Action Gaming which davidgrouchy suggested. I've known people who play and they created their own runes from many of the ones talked about in this thread and each player had a code key.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Does neighbor have more of these around other parts of property? He might be putting these up the way other people might put up Christian crosses. Too protect or ward off negative spirits, whatever... You found it on the dividing line of your property; the fence, right? Not your mailbox, so it probably is not a message for you directly, just somebody practicing their version of some religious belief.

However, if he is your age and you see him peering at you, you may have a secret admirer who doesn't know how to put his feelings into words. He's hiding behind the "note". Has any one put a secret note to their "crush" in their locker at school? You seem young and he might be trying to tell you he has a crush on you in his own silly way.

I don't know about what others say, I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if someone else already said this. Walk around their house and see if there are "other postings". Or act like you know what it says to the "secret lover" and see what he says. Tell him you already have a boy friend so knock it off.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Why people would be writing in runes (they're either Celtic or Norse, I believe), I haven't the foggiest. Don't know if it helps to mention that those look like those particular brand of runes, but, eh, best I can do.

I agree with one of the first posts: sounds like some Neo-Pagan group advertising something like a coven meeting. Probably either the Norse or Druid pagans from the looks of the runes.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm probably a little foggy on the subject, but, some of those symbols look familiar, and I used to have some books on Enochian magik that I may have seen them in.
May wanna look up the subject.
Enochian is the Angelic language and it could possibly be parts of that alphabet or symbols that may be used.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I could be wrong but this is what I have come up with in the little time I had to look at. I had to use close approximations as it is possible the author put their own style into it as well. It is also possible that there are better fits which I didn't find that could alter the message. It appears to be a series of alphabets.

The first letter is usually an F however there is similar scripts which are V- There are no W's so often a V replaced the W.

I'm calling letter 1) W

The next three seem straight forward enough to get (HEN)

The fifth letter is a bit of a stretch but the closest variation I found comes out to a (Y, UR ) I'm going to put UR

The next word I get (SHIPTS)

If you put it all together you get in rough tranlsation

When ur shipts or in cleaner translation: when yours ships

It is also possible that the A is just that and it could mean something. So it could be When A Ships. It is also possible the last letter is not an S as it is not a duplicate of the original S. This could also have been done on purpose. The numbers above could very well reference a time and date. If I have more time I'll look at it a bit closer.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Thanks, I knew some one would say that, but no sadly I did not write this.

How long has your boyfriend been your boyfriend and did he show it to you or did you find it and then he told you? My first though if it seemed from a Female would be a message from and old flame in lingo only they shared.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's def a phone number IMHO. When flipped over backwards and looked at in the mirror you can see the bottom line of characters gives instructions to the top line of numbers.

463-845-1927-364

I originally did a search for area code 463 since it's mirrored in this scenario. Nothing really jumped out at me. Then I looked at the bottom line of characters...

Just under the 6 (if looking at the reverse image of the paper) there is and up arrow. Which quickly told my brain to flip it into a 9. So then I eliminated the 4's on the ends and got 937. What's that you say? An Ohio area code. And I can see from the OP's profile, she is located in Ohio.

Play with the numbers in a mirror and use the bottom line for instructions on which numbers to flip and eliminate and you just might find your answer. Might wanna check your bf's call log too, haha.

edit on 27-12-2011 by hopeisasound because: type-o, mispelling

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I live 10 minutes from Parma ohio, I would love to add some input. I might even recognize it, but I can't view the link provided by the OP. I have asked a few times if some one could add the images to this thread. I have tried all day to see these pictures with no luck. HELP!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

tinypic.com...

That's the url tied to the pic provided by the OP...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am 90% sure that the letters are part of the Etruscan (or Lemnian?) alphabet...though whether they are formed into a sensible or translateable phrase I have not the skill as a translator to fathom...but if you can find a university or such like with an expert on Etruscan culture you might be able to get help...or see if Harte, Hanslune or Byrd can help.

upload.wikimedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Ahhh...just read that other alphabets mentioned are derived from Etruscan, hence the similarity...seems pure Etruscan lettering to me though...but as said, I'm not an expert.

Strange thing to find lying around either way, how cool to have such intrigue on one's doorstep, at the very least you live amongst interesting folk.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Um does it for real, because we have some friends who are friends with this girl named amy and she is freaking weird.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
reply to post by caladonea

Um does it for real, because we have some friends who are friends with this girl named amy and she is freaking weird.

Well it looks to me like....that is your answer....this Amy is weird....and some of her weirdness came your way.

I hope everything is ok with you and your boyfriend.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hopeisasound

Thank you....I was able to see it finally!!!!
PLPL

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

almost 4 years, he isn't the type to do something like this, however im not ruling it out completeley, but i am 95 percent certain this was put on his fence by someone else.

He found it after he came home from work and I arrived at his house a few hours later he already had it on the table when I got there.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join