It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened in Roswell 1947?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What do ATS members really think occurred in Roswell in 1947? At the end of the day I can't honestly say with any certainty what happened. Was it alien? Perhaps an alien probe? Was there bodies? Or was it something less "alien" and more terrestrial, like captured Nazi rocket technology?

What is the verdict on Corso and Marcel?

For certain I can state with confidence that 1) There is a conspiracy to conceal the truth and 2) Something crashed in the desert in 1947.

Where does the evidence point? What do you think?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i think there are hundreds of threads discussing this already. Not to be rude, but maybe you should read through some of them first.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think there was a ufo crash, and they did recover a craft and alien bodies
a quick cover story was made to fool the public

edit on 26-12-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

What do ATS members really think occurred in Roswell in 1947?

Honestly, what difference does it make?
Does that change even some small aspect of the whole UFO picture?

Given government secrecy on the UFO situation for over half a century, why not just call it a early UFO myth and let it go at that. (For those that assume the word "myth" by definition is a false story, that would be incorrect.) We will probably never be told the full truth of the matter anyway.

Sometimes, I swear, some of these threads are designed by government programs to test the water of how much current UFO believers know about the history of UFOs. I'll equally swear that I'm constantly amazed about--to put it nicely--what the young people of today don't know about UFO history.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Aliensun because: Clarification/word corrections

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
does it actually matter if this same type of question/thread was already posted?

why cant we just answer the mans question? why cant we jsut talk more about the issue now then just bringing up OLD threads about it?

i will start off by saying.....

it could of been both a 50/50 chance it was alien(outta this world tech)

but then i remember seeing the new case file saying it was humaniod people from russia more like mutant humans.

honestly its just fishy for the gov or the media to cover it up or say it was a weather ballon which is kinda all bs cause there was eyewitness accounts of people seeing bodies and such.....

i honestly dont know what it could be but i think we will never know untill disclosure comes by

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by Cosmic911

What do ATS members really think occurred in Roswell in 1947?

Honestly, what difference does it make?
Does that change even some small aspect of the whole UFO picture?

Given government secrecy on the UFO situation for over half a century, why not just call it a early UFO myth and let it go at that. (For those that assume the word "myth" means a false story, that would be incorrect.) We will proberly never be told the full truth of the matter anyway.

Sometimes, I swear, some of these threads are designed by government programs to test the water of how much current UFO believers know about the history of UFOs. I'll equally swear that I'm constantly amazed about--to put it nicely--what the young people of today don't know about UFO history.

I guess it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. It doesn't change anything. The cover up intrigues me, that the story has changed 4 or 5 times. Other than the UFO stuff, I'm more interested in what we were doing with Nazi technology and Nazi scientists.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I believe that Jesse Marcel is telling his story as it is in his mind,and believes what he is saying to be the truth.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx
I believe that Jesse Marcel is telling his story as it is in his mind,and believes what he is saying to be the truth.

See that intrigues me...Corso and Marcel had impressive careers...if we can't believe them then who can we trust when it comes to subjective testimony? But you may be right.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
They found metal debris. Not a readily recognized alloy that we knew at the time. No organic debris was uncovered or studied. There are thousands of links on the internet about the study of the metal alloy brought to Wright Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton Ohio, some of the studies authored by people who worked at the same place I work now.

I don't know about 'the other' studies of what was salvaged from Rosewell in 1947, I wasn't born until 1958, or employed there until 1987.

Its a open door of speculation, but scientists have duplicated the particular metal alloy found there since, mostly of nickel and molybdenum, I understand when poking around the some of the folks I know who heard of the studies, or stories of the studies.

Bringing more information to the party with a search or two and a theory to kick off the thread would have been a better way to start such a thread topic, IMO.

What are you after?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
They found metal debris. Not a readily recognized alloy that we knew at the time. No organic debris was uncovered or studied. There are thousands of links on the internet about the study of the metal alloy brought to Wright Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton Ohio, some of the studies authored by people who worked at the same place I work now.

I don't know about 'the other' studies of what was salvaged from Rosewell in 1947, I wasn't born until 1958, or employed there until 1987.

Its a open door of speculation, but scientists have duplicated the particular metal alloy found there since, mostly of nickel and molybdenum, I understand when poking around the some of the folks I know who heard of the studies, or stories of the studies.

Bringing more information to the party with a search or two and a theory to kick off the thread would have been a better way to start such a thread topic, IMO.

What are you after?

Do you think its possible that once these "alloys" were "introduced" in manufacturing that eventually the origin of the metals became less important? Is it possible that, if indeed, these metals were extra-terrestrial by origin, we accept them as terrestrial and don't even realize where they came from?

I think Batelle is one of the companies that investigated the materials, right?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I don't go into speculative theories of extraterrestrial intelligent origins, that's not my interest. Battelle indeed is a company from Columbus Ohio that was founded on a rich steel tycoon's Will made from the steel industry that opened in 1929 as an Institute for advanced research and commercial development of metallurgy, and involved also in enriching uranium-238 for the Manhattan Project. That much you can find out on the internet.

Good one.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
I don't go into speculative theories of extraterrestrial intelligent origins, that's not my interest. Battelle indeed is a company from Columbus Ohio that was founded on a rich steel tycoon's Will made from the steel industry that opened in 1929 as an Institute for advanced research and commercial development of metallurgy, and involved also in enriching uranium-238 for the Manhattan Project. That much you can find out on the internet.

Good one.

Maybe I'm "misunderstanding" your post, but there is a "hint" of sarcasm that my previous post contained a bit of subterfuge....for what reason I cannot surey guess.

Its no secret that Battelle has been "implicated" with Nitinol. That Wright-Pat contacted them for services involving this metal.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
does it actually matter if this same type of question/thread was already posted?

why cant we just answer the mans question? why cant we jsut talk more about the issue now then just bringing up OLD threads about it?

i will start off by saying.....

it could of been both a 50/50 chance it was alien(outta this world tech)

but then i remember seeing the new case file saying it was humaniod people from russia more like mutant humans.

honestly its just fishy for the gov or the media to cover it up or say it was a weather ballon which is kinda all bs cause there was eyewitness accounts of people seeing bodies and such.....

i honestly dont know what it could be but i think we will never know untill disclosure comes by

That's all I wanted...some new ideas or theories...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, as I mentioned once before, if whatever it was really left the debris that Jesse Marcel and his son described, that probably wasn't the whole craft, and it probably continued on, in which case it most likely would have dropped a few more scraps, which might still be out there and not deeply buried but covered by an inch or so of sand. It's a lot of area to cover, but a group of people who feel like taking a long hike through the desert along the presumed flight path could do a search even now. That seems to me more promising than excavating the area of the debris field itself. There might have been an aerial search for anything highly reflective after the incident, but the wind could have already blown sand over such scraps. And the wind might have even carried a few scraps away from the debris field itself, never to be found--yet. At least it's a potential new area of investigation, albeit a laborious and not very promising one. If the debris was biodegradable or retrieved later by aliens, or it the Marcels were lying, then there's nothing to find.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The Russian mutant theory? that's a new one!

For me the core question is this: why did the Airforce announce the capture of a flying disk in the first place? It doesn't prove anything I know, but it also doessn't make sense, "Hey sarge! What? We got a farmer found some debris in his field. Ok get it out on the wire that we done got ourselves a bonfide flying saucer!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join