It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your movie prices?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Taking my kid to the movies these days is a fortune. Not to mention there don't seem to be many matinee prices anymore.

Now its more complicated if it is 3D or something else they charge extra for.
Give your location if your comfortable, just curious if prices are similar or different or are all insane?

BTW, for me and my son to see Tintin 3D today is 25.00
edit on 26-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

10.50 for 2d 13.50 for 3d here in Denver

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Metro West, Taxassachusetts....... $11.75 for a regular movie experience and up to $22.75 for MoM or iMax 3D types. That's not including the drinks and popcorn which will run you more then the price of your ticket. There is plenty of second run draft houses in the area that charge from 5-9 bucks too. Ridiculous.

Nox, your part of the country?
edit on 26-12-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!

edit on 26-12-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: F --- word

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's about 10-12 here.

Yeah, don't believe anything Hollywood says about losing profits to online piracy.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

I am in Maryland. its higher there for you then it is for us. wow

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Because going to the movies is fun.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Although I do support free movies and agree with this I can also answer this question... to support your local economy.

Also I don't want to end up in a world where people don't socialize in real life anymore and in which cinema theaters no longer exist. I want my kid to visit the actual experience of going out to see a movie, taste popcorn with extra fake butter and m&ms. I want him to feel the excitement of a movie starting up with people screaming, chatting next to you and laughing together.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

For adult matinee its $7, 3d $10.50, regular evening price $9.00

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
LOL. Seriously people? They have been jacking up up the prices to unconscionable levels. They pay these actors ridiculous sums of money. They spread propaganda that is hurtful to our national psyche. Why should I support the corporatocracy????

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My wife and I went to see Avatar in 3D here in south Georgia. Tickets, 2 medium popcorn and two medium drinks came to $50.50, and then they had the nerve to ask for the 3D glasses back for recycling! Nope, just bought these thank ya much!

I'm not sure what regular prices are or if they have gone up since then.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It depends on which theater you go to.

We have a 2.00 theater which is AWESOME!

The regular Cobb theater I think is 9.00pp, 3D is 12.00 and then they have these fancy seats that shake, lame if you ask me and they are 16!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

A friend of mine wanted to go to the movies for Christmas...so yesterday we went to see..(My Week With Marilyn)...by the time I paid for the tickets ($22.00) and the refreshments ($17.00)...I thought to myself...I think perhaps I should signup with (Netflix).

A friend of mine who is a baby boomer...(she is 62)...remembers when she could go to the movies for a quarter....yes folks just (25 cents) and with ($1.00) get candy, popcorn and a soda!

The prices are over the top now...and if it hadn't been Christmas...and if I didn't love my friend so much....I wouldn't have gone yesterday....but she so enjoyed herself....and the smile on her face was worth it!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
In Malaysia its 10 Malaysian (about $3 US) for normal cinema.
To goto Gold class (1st class cinema) its around 20 Malaysian.

The average Malaysian earns $2-$3k per month so its quite expensive for locals to take a family.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
around 8 bucks here for adult and then the kids were around 6 i think...but others are right about the food.
I wanted my kids to "experience" movie going but I would not bring myself to pay 15.00 for a coke and popcorn! I could have reached across the counter and slammed that dudes head into the hot butter!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Around £6.25 for an adult weekday ticket and £8 for 3D with glasses provided free unless you bring your own (I only went to see Thor in 3D and honestly, other than a brief shot of snow near the start of the movie, there was no change from the regular 2D movies in my opinion so never going to a 3D showing again).

I forget what it is for a weekend ticket.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

$2-3K per month?

Damn, if the dollar is still equal to pound sterling then my mother's average wage for full time work with an average 39 hours per week is less than half of that per month. A lot less in fact.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I actually have trouble with 3D. I suffer from vertigo so it can make me dizzy and gives me headaches. My first 3D film (except disney world ages ago) was Avatar. It actually made me throw up.

But my son loves 3d so I put the glasses on my head and watch a fuzzy movie.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

That must be horrible for ya then. Either fuzzy movie or vomiting, tough choice.

I never get that luckily. Never understood how some could have headaches, throw up or complain about the camera work in Cloverfield because to me, it recreated a normal home video perfectly. I just had no issues at all with that movie.

I'm just disappointed that 3D for me is just exactly the same as watching 2D but with glasses over your eyes. I expected a major breakthrough in 3D technology at last but got nothing out of it. Then again, I saw Avatar a year after its release and didn't like that movie either, it really was Dances With Wolves or Pocahontas but with blue aliens and stealing the name from a long running manga and anime series.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Dude, you can do what-ever you want but you've no right to bash other people like that. Some of us are smart enough to know the difference between fact and fiction and sometimes it's good to turn off your brain and forget all the troubles of this world. Constantly thinking about everything posted on here is enough to drive anyone mad.

Music, arts, sports all help us escape... at least for a while. Nothing wrong with that.

Edit:

And if people would attend more often prices wouldn't have to be so high. And sure actors are paid millions, so what? I don't care, I'm content with what I have. Sounds like you're jealous and that seems to be the whole point of Hollywood, to make you envious of them... again, it doesn't affect me because I know that everything that goes on in Hollywood, in and outside of the set, is all scripted and fake.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Cocasinpry because: Had something to add

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join