It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Web telescope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
www.jwst.nasa.gov...

Could this nice piece of technology answer a few of our extremely complex questions such as explaining the theory of the ''Big Bang''. How does this telescope revolutionize our already in orbit technology? This telescope is going to be the successor of one of the greatest pieces of technology that is man made - The Hubble Telescope. If it's going to be the successor of such a great telescope then surely and hopefully we will finally learn about some of the secrets of the Universe.

I'm also looking forward to when/if and I'm almost 100% sure the will make it, is the successor to the Keplar planet hunting telescope. Any news on these sorts of things or updates, I'm interested if you would like to post in here!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
James Web telescope funding restored for 2018 launch.

They also must resume funding for Kepler, and a couple others to get full use of James Web designed to operate in tandem with others to increase it's resolution. I haven't saved those links and don't quite know were to begin to find them, I have to get my wife's prescription now. Excuse me but I thought I'd throw that out there to get some responses in this thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's great to have this funding. If we can't get the machines up into space, we will just hit a dead-end in our research. I believe these telescopes can play a good part in future missions and the way we go about them.

jra

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
Could this nice piece of technology answer a few of our extremely complex questions such as explaining the theory of the ''Big Bang''.

Most likely not. Some of the goals of the JWST is to find really really old stars and galaxies by observing them in the near to mid infrared ranges. The telescope might help to answer some questions (or raise more questions), relating to the formation of our universe, but I doubt it could give us all the answers.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

Yes I agree with you and I know it wont answer them as such and I probably worded that wrong. what I should have said is. ''Will this piece of technology help up in explaining or she some light on some of our most complex questions''. And shedding some light is what I believe it will definitely do

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
For every answer it may give,20 new questions will appear.

Im convinced Space is supposed to be a never ending mystery on top of mystery.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

and that's the great thing about it. It can teach us soo much and that's good. It keeps people in jobs, keeps people interested in the topic and wanting to learn more about it. I'm glad you think that way

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The JWT will be awesome.
Too bad every year we see this defund/refund dance and from now to 2018 so much could happen...
We should really stop giving power to these bunch of ground-starers...

new topics

top topics

join