It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California soldier shot at his homecoming party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So after reading this I was reading through the comments and one sparked my interest.

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) — An Army soldier who survived a suicide bombing while serving in Afghanistan has been left paralyzed after being shot at his homecoming party in Southern California.

Christopher Sullivan, 22, was shot late Friday while trying to break up a fight between his brother and another man at a San Bernardino residence.

"My son didn't deserve this. He served his country," his mother, Suzanne Sullivan, told the San Bernardino Sun (http://(link tracking not allowed)/sjycMA).

Suzanne Sullivan said her son suffered two gunshot wounds to his back, which shattered his spine. Family members told the newspaper that the shooting late Friday left Sullivan paralyzed and in critical condition.

Police said Sullivan's brother and a partygoer got into an argument. When Sullivan moved to intervene, the man pulled a gun and opened fire. The gunman fled the scene before police arrived.

Sullivan was wounded in a suicide bombing attack last year in Kandahar while serving with the 101st Infantry Division.

He suffered a cracked collar bone and brain damage in the attack and has been recovering in Kentucky where he is stationed. He was home on leave when the shooting occurred. His enlistment would be complete in April, after which Sullivan had planned to come home to go to college.

Family members are calling on the shooter to surrender. Police have not identified the suspect.

news.yahoo.com...

the comment i found intriguing was:

What a shame . But here's my question the brother was arguing with this guy, but they don't know who he is, was the guy at he party? Somethings not right. My best to the soldier.

With nobody at the party knowing this guy, with a gun. who was he? coverup?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rudeboyrave

No cover-up...

This crap happens all the time, and occasionally the circumstances strike a cord with the public...hopefully karma catches up with the REMF shooter and he eats it.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

My brother in law was murdered at a party he and my sister were having at thier residence in Chino Ca.
Same county. My brother in law and I had just comeback from the liquor store. I went around to the back of the ranch style home and my brother -in -law went in the front door.

I wasn't in the backyard with my friends for more than two minutes til my sister came running to find me and tell me Carl just got stabbed. He was dead by the time we got to the front of the house. The man who did it was already in a sheriffs unit. I mean all this happened in less than five minutes. Nobody knew this guy and he just
wondered thru the front door of my sisters house. He'd been asked to leave and as Carl came thru the front door
a scuffle broke out into the front yard and that's where Carl died.

So party or whatever, no one has to know who the assailant is. A party can be very dangerous dependent only on the timing...
edit on 24-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Wow, I expected to open this thread and read about a police shooting.

There was a kid here who got shot in the head at a party. Nobody knew the guy there, either. End of the party he just pulled a gun and shot him for no reason. The kid lived though and had no permanent damage. The guy that shot him was charged with "felony reckless conduct", or some ridiculous # like that.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

No cover-up...

This crap happens all the time, and occasionally the circumstances strike a cord with the public...hopefully karma catches up with the REMF shooter and he eats it.

It's all karma.

Maybe the soldier died because he lived by the gun, so I guess died by the gun, karma.

And now we hope the shooter of the soldier will get caught because of karma... hilarious.

I know some of you don't like to hear it, but karma is a biatch.

Edit because I missed some important points,,, sorry

It's all karma.

Maybe the soldier got shot because he lived by the gun...., karma.

And now we hope the shooter of the soldier will get caught because of karma... hilarious.

Same theory, I just thought the soldier died, sorry again

edit on 25-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

..and the first person to comment without reading the article is......

YOU!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry to hear about your brother in law.

I guess sometimes, tragedies can happen for no "apparent" reason.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

..and the first person to comment without reading the article is......

YOU!

Do I win anything ?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Originally posted by facelift

No cover-up...

It's all karma.

Maybe the soldier died because he lived by the gun, so I guess died by the gun, karma.

Edit because I missed some important points,,, sorry

It's all karma.

Maybe the soldier got shot because he lived by the gun...., karma.

Same theory, I just thought the soldier died, sorry again

edit on 25-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

Or maybe he got shot because some low life idiot thought he was tough and shot the poor man.

what a lowsy reply.

READ before you reply man.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Eh.. I feel bad for the soldier, but it sounds like a crappy party with crappy people gone bad? Either way.. it always sucks to see an innocent person just trying to do the right thing get hurt, especially a wounded soldier. I hope the bastard that shot him gets to suffer a long term in prison to think on his actions.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

..and the first person to act like a childish twat in this thread is......

YOU!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I hope this doesn't get taken as a stab at our veterans or currently serving folks, but why does this guy having survived a suicide bomber make him any less deserving of death as someone who didn't? I mean the mother has to say her son didn't deserve it, she is his mother. But really people say this all the time about people in all different situations, like just because they were a soldier, teacher, cop, christian, etc. how they didn't deserve to die because of that one characteristic or trait.

Its a stupid thing to say.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

This is true... but it's true for almost every victim that makes the news. They're always an honor student, the perfect son / father / daughter / etc., active member of the community, a veteran, etc.

The news always points out their best trait or accomplishment... doesn't mean they're being singled out as more worthy of life.

Articles like this always remind me that how long you live is 100% luck... no other factor comes into play. You could smoke for 60 years, and live to be 100, but a lifetime health nut that jogs every day could get hit by a bus. You could survive a suicide bombing only to get shot at a party.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
My cousin is doing 25- life for killling his best friend at a party. My two cousins where partying because one of them had just come home from Iraq and had brought a rifle home with him.The two brothers (my cousins) and their best friend, along with a few other people had been drinking and celibrating. When the older brother home from the war began to pick on his younger, simpler, brother, calling him fat, lazy, and physicaly abusing him, getting him to break down and cry, the whole time laughing, and getting worse by the moment. Telling him that he could kill him with his bare hands, due to his training, even putting him in a few holds, and such.

Then in his drunkin foolishness, threatend to get his service knife from the car and stab him with it, going out to the car to get it. While he did this the abused brother reached for the rifle they had all been playing with and pulled it up to shoot his brother in defence.

It was at this point that the best friend of them both jumped up to shield the older brother from getting shot, and got in the way just as my cousin pulled the trigger trying to shoot his brother. The friend took 4-5 shots to the chest, I think it was an AK, not sure.

After the rest of the party jumped on my cousin with the gun the friend went looking for the older cousin to make sure he was ok, all with bullets in his chest, only to make it to the front yard where he colapsed and died, in the arms of one of his best friends, the best friend that killed him. They wernt able to get ahold of the kids parents for a few weeks as he was from canada.

And nowmy cousin is doing 25-life for killing his best friend while trying to kill his brother in self defence, due to abuse, and the older brother just went back to Iraq and did a new tour, like nothing ever hapened.

Sad story,I feel bad for my cousin, worse for the kids family, it just shows that this world is crazy and you never know waking up for the day if it will be your last. I bet every person who dies like this, didnt imagine their day ending like this. enjoy every minute of your life I say.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

If you can not look at this incident and see it for the tragedy that it is, then you have no human heart and no positive karma to offset the way you are acting now. You are rude and a troll.

I wish the best for you, but honestly, I expect the worst.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by superjesse13132000

This story shows that no matter how "honorable" a person may seem to others, they can still be a dick to family.

I feel for your cousin and the family of the kid that was killed, and believe that the military brother should also have been brought up on charges as an accessory.

Live every day like it was your last.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

You are absolutely right. There are no garauntees in life other than that we will die. I mean come to think of it, besides suicides does anyone actually plan their death? Its almost always a surprise really when it comes right down to it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Are you serious!!!!!!!

This young man VOLUNTEERED to go into the military and was injured then shot at home and you are saying this is pay back?

How about you volunteer your time and possible life for a cause?

Just because you don't agree with what is going on overseas doesn't mean he deserved this.

Many people aren't aware as to what is really going on in the world and all the BS behind it. This young man obviously felt joining the service was a good thing and beneficial to himself and his country and you want to say he is suffering from karma?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join