It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy birthday Jesus!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I just wanted to show my appreciation and say happy birthday to Jesus Christ.

I love this time of year when families get together and give presents to each other. People spending time with the people who matter most, all because of this man Jesus Christ.

We should all be thanking the man who makes this all possible every year, so this is one way for me to offer my thanks.

I want this to be a nice thread with people who involve our lord Jesus Christ in their daily lives and who want to give thanks. Non believers can refrain from replying in this thread, this is a peaceful thread filled with the Christmas joy that should be included every year at this time.

Please feel free to offer any information, thanks or anything regarding our lord in this beautiful time leading up to December 25th.

Merry Christmas to all. I hope and pray everyone has a safe and happy Christmas season!

Thanks goes out to Jesus for making this all possible!

Please feel free to add anything that you want to give thanks for or anything at all....

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I am very thankful for the birth of our Lord Jesus (although Dec 25 is not it ). But this is a joyous time to celebrate our redemption. I hope that people here can respect our view and keep the thread positive or civil at the least. Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thank you Jesus for still loving me even when I was arrogantly against you. Thank you for answering my prayers and showing me you exist. Thank you for the miracles you still work in my life. Please do not let me be separated from you ever again. Please save those who still don't know you, including my parents. Please let those who suffer in purgatory be granted access to the kingdom soon. Please have mercy and not wrath on us sinners. Please give us the grace to be perfected in you. Amen.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Unfortunately, you are in no position to tell people who can and can not reply to a thread. This is a public board after all. With that said, Jesus wasn't born on December 25th. Christmas was hijacked by Christians to promote their religion from other pagan rituals.

I do enjoy the meaning behind Christmas with the giving, sharing and spending time with family and friends. Happy Holidays to all!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I hope you dont mind if I write as a kind of "nonbeliever" (I believe Jesus lived but I doubt he was born by a virgin.
I was catholic christened and spent my first schoolyears in a catholic groundschool.

When I see all those "xmas" advertisings and entitled kids etc it comes to my mind that christmas has devolved to exchanging gifts and money. Truly, when we (as a family) "celebrate" christmas its not because Jesus was born but to come together, share time and food with loved ones and friends. Of course you can do that the whole year through but because its a holiday, most people have more time then over the year. Plus the season adds some extra nestle-factor, when its cold outside and dark but you are sitting in the warm with friends and family having a great time.
Every year, I´m looking towards christmas because of that and to see the faces of the presentees when they are happy. I never thought of what I would become from others, the moment of joy and happieness that the other one has, is all that counts. The last years we tended not to cook to heavy but spend some for people that are not so lucky like we and the kids normaly have a toy or more to give away (not the old trash toys of course).

So instead of celebrating someone who is almost 2000 years dead, we think of the not so good situated and the time we normaly spend in church to listen to the glorious words from the "gods-messenger" is better used in a soup kitchen for the homeless. We do it like that: If someone comes over to have a soup, he or she can spend some money. Poor ones that are hungry can have a soup and bread for free, while the money that is collected goes 100% to a shop where you can bring your clothes/bedgear and they get distributed to people that need it(for free). Because not everything is for free, the shop runners have to pay for monthly rent and electricity. The soup comes from us and the kids have fun every year. Sometimes you see people that paid for a soup talking to homeless people and offer them help if they wish to get helped. Thats the best thing, you can bring a warm meal to someone, help a shop that will help even more people, get to talk to others and sometimes connecting people.

Ask yourself, what would Jesus do?
I think the answer would be: maybe this

That should be tought to kids and nothing else (from the non religious viewpoint)

edit on 22-12-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Very well put together and I didn't say I don't want to hear anything from non believers. Just nothing negative! I want a friendly, happy thread for people to be able not to be bashed for views. You did a great job, and however you spend Christmas is you or your familes way of getting together to celebrate something. This doesn't necessarily mean to celebrate Jesus (with your family) but to spend time with the people who matter most!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by verschickter

Very well put together and I didn't say I don't want to hear anything from non believers. Just nothing negative! I want a friendly, happy thread for people to be able not to be bashed for views. You did a great job, and however you spend Christmas is you or your familes way of getting together to celebrate something. This doesn't necessarily mean to celebrate Jesus (with your family) but to spend time with the people who matter most!

Yes, you did.

Non believers can refrain from replying in this thread, this is a peaceful thread filled with the Christmas joy that should be included every year at this time.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

It is more a request than anything.....At least you threw your two cents in.....Feel better?

I will renew my request now.....There are tons of threads for people to go and bash people for views, can this one be peaceful please?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
First I Do Not Believe,

All it takes is proper research to discover that December 25th was not the "Birth Of Jesus", it was just another takeover of a Pagan Celebration to Convert those in addition to ridding Pagan Celebrations in general,

This 'Put 'Christ' Back In 'Christmas' Is quite rubbish,

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by novastrike81

It is more a request than anything.....At least you threw your two cents in.....Feel better?

I will renew my request now.....There are tons of threads for people to go and bash people for views, can this one be peaceful please?

I'm not bashing you, just making sure you get your facts right. I already wished everyone Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
whatever your beleifs and views, have a happy christmas and remember to be nice people.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm sorry. I read the thread title and had to post.

You do know that the 25th is not his birthday?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
One of the thoughts that came to my mind this year (and I'm sure you've all had it before) is the amazing idea that God cared enough about us to send even a representative, let alone His son.

I mean, really, we're not that much and we're on an out of the way planet in a not so significant galaxy. Who are we to get a visit from God. It's much more incredible than the president of Ford visiting a good ol' boy working on his thirty year old Mustang.

I know I'm not saying it well, but I'm filled with awe and wonderment at what His coming to us means.

The date doesn't matter, pagan celebrations don't matter, that's all trivial stuff that really has nothing to do with anything. The God of all Creation cared enough about us to visit, and not just visit, but give us His life. We cannot possibly put more attention and excitement on this than it deserves.

Celebrate on the 25th, celebrate every day, celebrate with noise and costumes and presents and music, fill your hearts with joy knowing that you are loved.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yea Happy Birthday Horus. Isn't it cool that 1000's of year later you and Jesus get to share a birthday! How awesome is that! Ironic really...I think you both had virgin Moms too. Man that is weird.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

edit on 22-12-2011 by TheRedP1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen
Yea Happy Birthday Horus. Isn't it cool that 1000's of year later you and Jesus get to share a birthday! How awesome is that! Ironic really...I think you both had virgin Moms too. Man that is weird.

Horus might have been born that day, Jesus was not. Jesus was concieved around the 25th of Kislev and born in Tishrei (october) near sukkot.

edit on 22-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by outandopen

Horus might have been born that day, Jesus was not. Jesus was concieved around the 25th of Kislev and born in Tishrei (october) near sukkot.

edit on 22-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

So Horus has a little brother?

top topics

join